UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

55 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

A real downer - hope it is not true!!!!  Could it be Tehoka, Patterson or ANYBODY else??  

I have to think that the only three guys who would warrant a mention on an IL podcast would be one of those three.  Clearly there is someone unhappy, but i don't have a clue what about. 

Seems odd its Patterson.  He will start, have green light at all times, and should get 60 goals next season with his accuracy.  Tehoka is a possibility but with whole Indian thing,  wanting to play for this team and Marr, and taking over as the big name with Fields gone, seems implausible.   Besides, Marr would send the Thompson's to his house  to convince him to stay, lol.

6 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

So d1 transfers to other d1 programs do not need to sit out a year, correct?

Generally speaking coaches release players from their commitments if the player transfers out of the conference. Last year Ryder Garnsey was supposedly leaving Notre Dame for UVA, but he would have lost a year so he stayed.

5 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Seems odd its Patterson.  He will start, have green light at all times, and should get 60 goals next season with his accuracy.  Tehoka is a possibility but with whole Indian thing,  wanting to play for this team and Marr, and taking over as the big name with Fields gone, seems implausible.   Besides, Marr would send the Thompson's to his house  to convince him to stay, lol.

I think the unnamed player has to be TD. I can't recall a player transferring to an Ivy as an upperclassmen, and there is no way he would transfer to another AE team.

I can't envision Tehoka transferring, and if he were to leave I would think it would be to turn pro rather than to another college team. It makes no sense for it to be Patterson.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

Joining the conversation late, and have not until now read or heard the "rumors."  HOPE TD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!  But Kyle Marr to UA is not  inconceivable. Coach really wants a championship and so does Kyle. Hopkins is losing a lot, especially offensively. I do not know anything about their 2018-2019 recruiting class [probably is GOOD, always seems to be:  even though sometimes it does not pan out or is more highly rated than it actually is.]  So maybe Kyle in his last year feels his chances with UA, Tehoka & McComber are better than rebuilding at hopkins? Dad will certainly relent his coaching son concerns, especially since Kyle is now established and a senior.

As far as "who" is leaving, I know it does NOT follow the "star power" scenario but I have two possibilities:  (1) Mitch Laffin could be un-happy. At the end of 2017 he made a strong statement as a starter replacing Patterson, then he was practically non-existent in 2018. Also, I remember an article or interview how he an Tehoka @ IMG would be teaming up @ UA.  (2) A goalie. At the ncaa Yale game, I overheard part of a conversation that went something like why are you not suited up for the game; with the answer being there are four goalies ahead of me. I do not know who the unsuited goalie was and obviously does not equate to losing a "star" player, but we do appear to have a glut @ that position and another recruit committed???

Edited by dslyank

After Quint talks about somebody possibly transferring to Albany, his exact words were:

"but we hear that maybe somebody there is not happy"

That's the only thing we hear from these guys.... the other comments are coming from a fan forum..

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Joining the conversation late, and have not until now read or heard the "rumors."  HOPE TD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!  But Kyle Marr to UA is not  inconceivable. Coach really wants a championship and so does Kyle. Hopkins is losing a lot, especially offensively. I do not know anything about their 2018-2019 recruiting class [probably is GOOD, always seems to be:  even though sometimes it does not pan out or is more highly rated than it actually is.]  So maybe Kyle in his last year feels his chances with UA, Tehoka & McComber are better than rebuilding at hopkins? Dad will certainly relent his coaching son concerns, especially since Kyle is now established and a senior.

As far as "who" is leaving, I know it does NOT follow the "star power" scenario but I have two possibilities:  (1) Mitch Laffin could be un-happy. At the end of 2017 he made a strong statement as a starter replacing Patterson, then he was practically non-existent in 2018. Also, I remember an article or interview how he an Tehoka @ IMG would be teaming up @ UA.  (2) A goalie. At the ncaa Yale game, I overheard part of a conversation that went something like why are you not suited up for the game; with the answer being there are four goalies ahead of me. I do not know who the unsuited goalie was and obviously does not equate to losing a "star" player, but we do appear to have a glut @ that position and another recruit committed???

I think all of those names you mention are definitely guys who could be disappointed, but not sure they would rise to the level of an IL Podcast.  I just got off the road and was listening to another one, and similar rumor mill sort of stuff, but one of the guys knows TD, and he did say the rumors are out there, but I would say he was also quick to tamp them down a bit FWIW.

They did a Final Four recap and I thought were pretty harsh on Albany, but not sure how off base it was. They torched the defense, but I am still more in the camp that our defensive difficulties are a combination of the two way middie system, and some schematic things. Overall I do think we are a bit undersized, but I think any physical issues are magnified by that fact that 3-4 of our defensive middies are also playing a lot of offense. In a physical game against a Yale where those guys are getting checked a lot, fighting to dodge and get open, and then oh by the way now go play defense is a lot to ask. While I do think we have defensive issues, I really feel we got the double edged sword of the two way middie system, and we don't have a bunch of top 10 guys like UVA and they struggle as well.

1 minute ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I think all of those names you mention are definitely guys who could be disappointed, but not sure they would rise to the level of an IL Podcast.  I just got off the road and was listening to another one, and similar rumor mill sort of stuff, but one of the guys knows TD, and he did say the rumors are out there, but I would say he was also quick to tamp them down a bit FWIW.

They did a Final Four recap and I thought were pretty harsh on Albany, but not sure how off base it was. They torched the defense, but I am still more in the camp that our defensive difficulties are a combination of the two way middie system, and some schematic things. Overall I do think we are a bit undersized, but I think any physical issues are magnified by that fact that 3-4 of our defensive middies are also playing a lot of offense. In a physical game against a Yale where those guys are getting checked a lot, fighting to dodge and get open, and then oh by the way now go play defense is a lot to ask. While I do think we have defensive issues, I really feel we got the double edged sword of the two way middie system, and we don't have a bunch of top 10 guys like UVA and they struggle as well.

Can not disagree with any of this.  Right on I'd say.   I hope it is not true that it's TD.  I personally think it would devistat the team next year.

50 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Have a link?

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2018/5/30/17407708/college-crossecast-ep-91-ncaa-lacrosse-championship-weekend-recaps-yale-james-madison

These guys can ramble, but the Albany portion is one of the first things they talk about.  Similar to the IL one I think at least ten minutes in and maybe closer to 15.