UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

My concern is that if the athletic department doesn't use the recent run of success to raise money, the program may slip back down the mountain. Albany, as far as lacrosse, goes is definitely way, way behind the vast majority of programs in terms of support and facilities. Even the guys just down the road did a major upgrade.

• Like 2

New facilities would be nice, but...it all comes down to money. Our endowment isn’t even on the same planet as theirs. Hamilton is over a Billion. That translates to more wealthy alum and donors willing to part with millions of dollars to have their name stamped on a building. If I ever hit a big ass powerball jackpot we will have the “Jimbo Mega Sports Complex” on campus. Until then, I do what I can and it’s not going to make a noticeable dent in the needed funds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

New facilities would be nice, but...it all comes down to money. Our endowment isn’t even on the same planet as theirs. Hamilton is over a Billion. That translates to more wealthy alum and donors willing to part with millions of dollars to have their name stamped on a building. If I ever hit a big ass powerball jackpot we will have the “Jimbo Mega Sports Complex” on campus. Until then, I do what I can and it’s not going to make a noticeable dent in the needed funds. 

You and me no...you me and as we continue grow, our closest couple of thousand of friends over years will start to add up.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, dslyank said:

Still NO roster;  No schedule {offering black friday ticket deals on UAlbanysports--only 6 home games???}; No NLI signings;  NO Nanticoke?????????. Obviously still no communications AD other than Iorizzo?  Football is over [actually over since September]; gets to work Pete!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

We've had the schedule for a while now, but some of the game times were TBD so I am guessing it hasn't been released since there are still a few unknowns based upon TV. The Yale game at Casey is going to be worth the cost of season tickets alone.

I know they started taking headshots so hopefully the updated roster with freshmen will be up soon. I haven't heard anything about Tehoka one way or another, but with the problems with the NLL, the MLL in chaos I can't imagine that he would not come back, but at this point I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I have never seen Albany publicize the NLI signings, but the 2019 class has some really good offensive talent. I think the offensive group will be much needed to replenish our offensive firepower.

• Like 2

Looks kind of like the roster is partially up. Shows Tehoka as a Sophomore and the Frosh without pix. Shows McComber as 5-8 270 😆. That would be interesting. Still shows 2018 on the drop down, but 2019 on the heading. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 9:41 PM, jimbo said:

Looks kind of like the roster is partially up. Shows Tehoka as a Sophomore and the Frosh without pix. Shows McComber as 5-8 270 😆. That would be interesting. Still shows 2018 on the drop down, but 2019 on the heading. 

I guess that off season strength and conditioning program is really working :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I don't see the kid From Oregon on the roster yet either

He's on there, #18. He didn't play in the fall games, but #11, Yunker had been playing really well and pushing for playing time at attack or the attack/middie position. 

I still think Tehoka will be back, but if not would bet the attack is Patterson, Diamond, and Laffin with Cavalo a close 4th, and McComber playing the 4th attack position. I caught an Inside Lacrosse podcast and Quint feels Albany is in the 8th - 13th range heading into the season. My guess is we come in at around 15th or so based upon the uncertainty of Tehoka's status and him fitting back in.