UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Another great recruit.    Excited to see how things turn out.  Lost a lot after last season.  This season will show how tough the kids are and how well they mesh.  I personally think defense and faceoff is they key to the season [and of course how good we are in the goal].  Our attack is always awesome.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

IL has UA preseason AmEast favorite; says cap narrowing. Patterson preseason POY

vt(2) -- brook (3) -- umbc (4). Can't really see any of the three knocking us out of #1. Article NOT an in depth analysis, but says UA has questions and lost a lot; but so has everyone else. May be I am being overly optimistic; but IMHO with a "focused" Tehoka, our attack will be as good or better than ever; there is enough at midfield and the question who and how many step forward is a good problem to have; defensively we may be stronger than ever; goalie really the only big question IMHO. Our fogos are as good as any in the league and with experience will more than hold their own. Also interesting that Patterson got the nod over Tehoka as POY, doubt any other team even has two possibles

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, dslyank said:

IL has UA preseason AmEast favorite; says cap narrowing. Patterson preseason POY

vt(2) -- brook (3) -- umbc (4). Can't really see any of the three knocking us out of #1. Article NOT an in depth analysis, but says UA has questions and lost a lot; but so has everyone else. May be I am being overly optimistic; but IMHO with a "focused" Tehoka, our attack will be as good or better than ever; there is enough at midfield and the question who and how many step forward is a good problem to have; defensively we may be stronger than ever; goalie really the only big question IMHO. Our fogos are as good as any in the league and with experience will more than hold their own. Also interesting that Patterson got the nod over Tehoka as POY, doubt any other team even has two possibles

Well done.  I agree, couple of freshman have to step up though, LS guys

Edited by HOF2013

I see that the roster finally includes>>  

Tommy Joyce is on the roster now >> Played one season for Cleveland State in 2016-17. In 13 games, compiled six goals and two assists. 

And Connor Flood Played in 23 games over four years at Hobart before transferring to UAlbany. 

As someone mentioned before

Also we are getting bigger on D and MF

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don't know if it was the players or the strength and conditioning program, but it sounds like most of them put on a lot of muscle after fall ball. My guy was working out three times a day between lifting, wall ball, and conditioning. Heads back later today.

Good to hear and best of luck to your son this season!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don't know if it was the players or the strength and conditioning program, but it sounds like most of them put on a lot of muscle after fall ball. My guy was working out three times a day between lifting, wall ball, and conditioning. Heads back later today.

Good for him, also as kids get older they naturally put on a little weight and get stronger.  The dedication to the program makes those natural transformations into more mass and more strength.   I for one, have noticed the bigger stronger kids.  That can only be a good thing as the kids move into this year and the the program into the future

Thanks for the twitter info. Glad to see coach and the team with a little chip on their shoulders about pre-season rankings. Liked his comment, even though pre-season polls are pretty meaningless, it still is a little hurtful to be ranked behind teams we have consistently beaten of late and to teams who have not won much of late. 

• Like 1