UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What's Up?

Welcome to the 2018 Epoch Inside Lacrosse Committed Academy

The third Epoch Inside Lacrosse Committed Academy is here! The best committed players in the classes of 2019 and 2018 (who will soon be incoming college freshman) meet at Goucher College in Towson, Md. The goal is to get better, to challenge yourself and meet your future teammates and rivals. Teams...

Just read this article from Inside Lacrosse. Not a single UA commit involved???????? Preface from Quint  "I know there are a zillion of these events going on but I Love this one...." There has to be almost 200 participants. Are UA commits involved somewhere else? Opinions? Thoughts?

Edited by dslyank

No comments on the above posting or no one interested in lacrosse right now??????????????? I myself am pining for some news. Even though I have been a season ticket holder for BB & FB for 40+ years, lacrosse has become my new love. And not to reopen an issue; but I also was a season ticket holder for Volleyball {now free}; and I still rarely miss a home game. Anyhow, I know lacrosse is a long way off and understand the "quiet" at this point. More than likely, see you all in the Fall & Winter postings/threads.

Hope there are a couple of BIG transfers coming in OR new recruits.  I know nothing and have no contacts so I don't know.  Just me hoping.  Would think we would have more Canadians based on Merrick's contacts. AND more Natives based on Marrs

On 7/25/2018 at 7:47 AM, dslyank said:

What's Up?

Just read this article from Inside Lacrosse. Not a single UA commit involved???????? Preface from Quint  "I know there are a zillion of these events going on but I Love this one...." There has to be almost 200 participants. Are UA commits involved somewhere else? Opinions? Thoughts?

I haven't heard anything. With both Marr and Thomson having been at the World Games, and Gleason gone I would imagine things have been on the back burner. I don't think that is a good thing. I am a little disappointed with the lack of sense of urgency. You need a new coach to keep the recruiting process going.

As far as those committed games. That is another huge money grab, and just my opinion, but if you have had a kid playing in all of these tournaments the last thing a committed kid wants to do is play in something like this at the end of the summer. What was disappointing is that I heard that the recruits didn't play as a group this summer. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I haven't heard anything. With both Marr and Thomson having been at the World Games, and Gleason gone I would imagine things have been on the back burner. I don't think that is a good thing. I am a little disappointed with the lack of sense of urgency. You need a new coach to keep the recruiting process going.

As far as those committed games. That is another huge money grab, and just my opinion, but if you have had a kid playing in all of these tournaments the last thing a committed kid wants to do is play in something like this at the end of the summer. What was disappointing is that I heard that the recruits didn't play as a group this summer. 

Not disappointed.  They will have months together starting in Sept.  Since we know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes and they were away I am hoping there is something going on in getting a new def coordinator!

The reason I say disappointed is that unless something has changed Coach Marr really delegates most of the recruiting to the assistant coaches, and with Gleason gone, and commitments to the World Games our coaches have not been out on the road.

I really see this year similar to 2008 after UA's first really great run. We enter the 2019 season having lost a great senior class led by Connor, our former offensive possession weapon, and at least one coach.  I'm not predicting the fall off UA had after the 2007 season, but this is going to be an interesting and important fall to keep the Dane Train on the tracks.

I have found some comments interesting. All I will say is in the long run, be it this year, next year or the future...tell me how Marr coaching the Iroquois Nationals as a negative? You tell me how him being an assistant coach for that team and having coached 3 of the most likely greatest Iroquois players in 21st Century lacrosse is going to hurt? If anything, this could be the best thing for UA lacrosse to bring in the top Iroquois talent out there, which usually produces the top lacrosse talent.

That's all I really got. 

I will do even better...

The dude has a tattoo related to the Iroquois on his body. Showing up to coach them and that a lone to me is a really big deal if I am a Iroquois Nation lacrosse player.

Absolutely in the long run Marr @ the FIL tournament was/is nothing but a POSITIVE. But I agree with 2018, that with the loss of coach Gleasson, graduations and other loses, this is a team in transition with many needs on and off the field. While I have every faith in Scott {and his work with the Iroquois certainly enhances his ability to handle these challenges}, I for one am anxious and a bit nervous about the immediate future of the lacrosse team. I am an optimist by nature, but fear a step backwards for this team. HOPE I'M WRONG!!!

Edited by dslyank