UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

University announced the hiring of Katie Rowan..current Wagner HC, former UAlbany asst, and former Cuse/Bethlehem standout. http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211719072

Great resume..but surprised they didn't stick with the current interim. Guess I just assumed they would after her being the assistant/associate HC for a number of years and then leading the team to the conference title game as the interim. Kinda odd. 

Either way.. welcome Coach Rowan. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for starting the topic .... no surprise going to the "outside" ...  been the trend ... football , women's basketball, Volleyball now women's lacrosse.... I am glad to see an UALBANY past with local connection ... Congratulations Coach Rowan 

• Like 1

Watched Coach Rowan interview on WNYT .... Choose words carefully .... Hope she remembers what the returning players had to handle this past year .... Can Coach Ryan bring the fun factor while developing the players skill set? Or will she just be a hard driving coach.... A saw a twinkle in her eye ... Hoping the women's team has some fun...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hard time watching it. The rules are so different than the men's game that its barely recognizable as the same sport. You can't say that about WBB or WSOC for example. So maybe that's why. They certainly are talented and dedicated athletes, but the game to me is dull. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just can NOT watch ladies Lacrosse.  Forced myself to do so when my daughter played but since then.............  I did watch a little when they were on TV last year.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I believe there is a great need to promote attendance at women's lacrosse as well all women's sports.

Just can't do it sorry

• Like 1
  • Confused 1