UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2018 at 8:38 PM, Eli said:

I think you misunderstood the posters or just glossed over their opinion. It has nothing to do with the sport being a WOMEN'S sport and being somehow sexist (assuming that's what you were getting at with 'parochial')...it's simply, by the nature of the rules governing the play on the field, not watchable. It could be 6ft dudes out there and it wouldn't be watchable due to the same rules.

This is why I can't bring myself to watch WBB even though I'm a huge basketball fan. They need to lower the rim so the girls can throw down some sick jam's and oop's...having a 10ft hoop and most of them looking like they are throwing around a 10lb medicine ball just absolutely KILLS the game for me. Ever watch the kids playing on the SEFCU floor after a home game? Or the little kids they have at halftime? That's what the women's game looks like to me. Might be an unpopular opinion but it is what it is.

That being said, I'm still super happy to see them do well, win AE titles, etc. and will gladly chat about their success with the casual fan who might not like men's sports. Their game is just tough to watch.

Wow, I actually agree with Eli!!!

On 7/17/2018 at 8:04 PM, cwdickens said:

There is an old saying "You can lead a horse to.water however; you cannot make the horse ?drink."  It is apparent that many are not aware some women events come at no cost . ..so how you spend your time and $ is your business.. As a Great Dane supporter for nearly 50 years... I feel it is my duty to promote the broader interests of UAlbany sports not some misguided parochial interest ... UAlbany women desire the same support.... Attendance is one way.

I'm with Eli... I wish them the best but it's unwatchable. I feel the same about the wnba... There are sports that are awesome to watch like tennis, volleyball where they are rock stars. Watching them try to heave a basketball from 3 is brutal. 

Edited by Clickclack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Women score seven goals in the last 23 minutes to beat $iena 14-8. 'aints led 6-5 and 8-7. First game vs them since 2012

goalie is pretty poor I think - even though I had to hold my nose I did watch.  We missed shot after shot on penalties.