UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018 Pre-season: Expectations, Predictions, and articles

2-1 OOC with two weak home opponents.

Should get road wins at Rhode Island and Bill & Mary, home vs. Towson

Will be road dogs at Maine and New Hampshire. We did beat UNH last year and only lost to Maine by 2, both at home.

If the offense improves, hope to steal one or two (or three?) at home vs. Richmond,  Delaware or Stony Brook. We'll be dogs, but UR and SB went to overtime last year at their places. Delaware was the only egg laid  (no pun intended) of these teams.

So 5-6 at worst,  could be a lot better. Actually reminds me of 2014 when they went from 1-11 to 7-5

• Thanks 1

Lindy has New Hampshire at #6  http://www.lindyssports.com/college-football/column/north-dakota-state-tops-lindys-fcs-top-25/472641/

Athlon Sports has UNH #3, Delaware #13, Stony Brook #25 https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2018

We miss top CAA teams James Madison (LIndy #2, Athlon #2), Elon (Athlon #10, Lindy #21), and Villanova (Athlon #!11)

• Thanks 1

I don’t want to be too optimistic but this will be the best team that we’ve had and I think the schedule is extremely favorable.  

This team should win 7 games.

1. Depth and experience at running back

2. More experience and depth at QB.  Could end up with two newcomers at the top of the depth chart in Testaverde and Nyc Burns

3. More experience on the offensive line.  Even if Solt isn’t back, Desir will be back and I think Verdi will be good.

4.  Defensive line will be solid - loses Hoskins but there’s enough depth to have a very good two deep.  Looking forward to seeing if Ibn Foster will get more reps.  Also, looking forward to seeing Mazon Walker play

5.  Linebackers might be a question mark.  If Justin Walker is gone, Julian Cox is definitely gone so you’ve lost two of the top three OLB’s. Will also have a new MLB.  Good news is Eli Mencer is back

6. Secondary - everyone’s back except Jamal Robinson

7.  New OC 

Edited by reeder

53 minutes ago, Michigan_Dane said:

What are the odds at winning at Pitt?

Unlikely nearing impossible. By last year's final rating, Sagarin favors Pitt by 30. This year's starting Massey Rating predicts PItt 34-6 (99%). We may be improved, but not that much. Pitt is not Buffalo or Old Dominion.

Pitt is by no means the class of the ACC Football teams, - with a preseason prediction of finishing 4th in the coastal division, but they are still an ACC team. 

Our chances of winning have to be under 1%. That said, I could see the team winning. There are always a few FCS over FBS upsets each year. Just not sure that an ACC team is going to be the FBS team to falter. 

EDIT: ESPN has Pitt with a 96.9% chance to win. Better odds than I thought LOL!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401013092

Edited by godanesgo99

• 2 weeks later...

Don't care what the odds are.  What difference does it make?  They have to keep playing up.  Helps recruiting and the level of play.

5 hours ago, cwdickens said:

As important it is to win .... Can we fill Casey Stadium? Any predictions on ticket sales.

I'm not sure. ..however if the Albany Empire, out of a 4 team arena league, can get 10500 at their last home game, I see absolutely no reason if we market ourselves right we cant average 8k to 10k a game. 

They market the crap out of the Albany Empire. We need to do the same. In my opinion that's what we r highly lacking as a University.