UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018 Pre-season: Expectations, Predictions, and articles

20 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Announcement of "The Field Club" in the south end zone, $30 for the  privilege of standing behind the end zone to watch the game, includes two beers. Three 30-person suites for parties or functions, in which children are permitted.

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211672828&DB_OEM_ID=15800

I suppose this increases the capacity of Casey Stadium. I'm not sure how many people would want to watch from ground level except when the team's in the red zone on that end of the field. I wouldn't call it "the best view in the house" like the announcement does. They're pitching it to "Young alumni" and "Young professionals" so that leaves me out anyway.

plus if you already have a ticket {i.e. season ticket holder} CANNOT exchange it for "the Field Club." [Not that I would want to; but it might be fun to do once and have a beer or two If it WAS available .]

A D Benson mentioned the FIeld Club at the meet & greet; his description was was off except for the price and two beers .... Did not sound like came with a view of the field ... Best view in the house .... Ok guys what are you saying to the fans in the gold seats...who forked over "big" bucks....

• Like 1

Like 72 said, I do t fit the profile either. Also I’d prefer to watch a game when I’m at the game. Ground level end zone is not what I would call a prime viewing area. Leave it for the youngsters. 

Oh, I’ve been meaning to mention that they must be doing better at GDAC membership and giving as I’ve been bumped to Dutch for the first time.  

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jimbo said:

Like 72 said, I do t fit the profile either. Also I’d prefer to watch a game when I’m at the game. Ground level end zone is not what I would call a prime viewing area. Leave it for the youngsters. 

Oh, I’ve been meaning to mention that they must be doing better at GDAC membership and giving as I’ve been bumped to Dutch for the first time.  

I'm top 150 at gdac and it has resulted with parking by stadium last 3 years. It's nice... Just walk over. 

10 hours ago, jimbo said:

I am at the purple level; just short of gold. I admit to playing the system a little, by using my "Priority Points Rank:" to insure Sefcu parking. If you don't mind revealing your rank or at least an approximate rank range, as I would like to get a feel if "gold level" is doing any better. Of course this is a PRIVATE matter and if if you prefer not to reveal, I fully understand. But two things that might help get you back to Sefcu are: for Basketball there are more spots available than for Football, so be sure to check again. AND TWO: when the gdac Priority Points Rank: was set up it used a history of only 5 years; Justin Brown made some manual corrections for really old timers. If you feel your rank is/was understated, you may want to contact Justin. Anyhow good luck getting back into Sefcu; and any info you can give how gold is doing would be appreciated.

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

I am at the purple level; just short of gold. I admit to playing the system a little, by using my "Priority Points Rank:" to insure Sefcu parking. If you don't mind revealing your rant or at least an approximate rank range, as I would like to get a feel if "gold level" is doing any better. Of course this is a PRIVATE matter and if if you prefer not to reveal, I fully understand. But two things that might help get you back to Sefcu are: for Basketball there are more spots available than for Football, so be sure to check again. AND TWO: when the gdac Priority Points Rank: was set up it used a history of only 5 years; Justin Brown made some manual corrections for really old timers. If you feel your rank is/was understated, you may want to contact Justin. Anyhow good luck getting back into Sefcu; and any info you can give how gold is doing would be appreciated.

It says I’m #400. Of course, with the way they are playing today, Benson could personally pick me up at my house and carry me to my seat and I’d still chose to stay home. Is it ok to bring paper bags with eyeholes to the games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm top 300.  Gotta be some others making big donations the last year.  I was top 150 and still made the same donation as I have for years.  I Have parking in SEFCU lot.

On 9/8/2018 at 2:29 PM, jimbo said:

It says I’m #400. Of course, with the way they are playing today, Benson could personally pick me up at my house and carry me to my seat and I’d still chose to stay home. Is it ok to bring paper bags with eyeholes to the games?

Must have been some money coming in because I've dropped from #143 to #203 and I upped my commitments this year.