UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018 Pre-season: Expectations, Predictions, and articles

26 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Obviously guys who have been on the team longest are listed at the top.  I would guess at least several will not end up at the top.  

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

If this is correct, Mazon Walker has dropped nearly 50# since he was recruited!

He is quick - probably to help that.  They like the smaller quick guys as we all know.

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Agreed, the Gazette is BY FAR the best at covering sports in the region.  Great job...love Michael Kelly's work

I'm gonna say that the Gazette is the official UAlbany Newspaper. You want UAlbany coverage in any sport, go to them. They know what they are doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

He is quick - probably to help that.  They like the smaller quick guys as we all know.

I don’t know that the athletic department keeps up with the weights.  I remember when Kevin Malloy was around 280 and he was listed as  240 or 250.  There were announcers wondering how he could play st this level at that weight - the athletic department corrected it much later.  

Several interesting items in the two deep.

1. Lists the o line starters the same as last year.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the only returning starters were Micah Royster and possibly Luke Ritter.

2. Not sure how Sussman can be listed as a starting OLB - has he ever played defense ?  Even in HS?  There probably weren’t any returning OLB’s but seems like a stretch to me.  Not that he can’t do it but has he ever done it.

3.  This team has some talent and depth.

Actually there are several returning LB AND kids like Lachman is an outside linebacker coming in as a Jr. although they have himlisted as a def lineman

Edited by HOF2013

Remember having the conversations on here regarding our CAA expectations timeline....

Although we wanted immediately success, a few level headed posters estimated our growth into a

formidable CAA program would happen around year 5 or 6.    We have arrived.  Let's rock and roll. 

IMO, this will be a very good team and they have a favorable schedule.  This is also the most talent and depth the program has had.  There are certainly question marks and we’ll see how camp goes but with their talent and schedule, winning just 3 or 4 games would be a huge disappointment.

Sussman played safety in HS? That explains his (lack of) QB ability. Now knowing that he came up in HS playing defense, I'm far more comfortable with him at LB. Wish the kid the best and hope he makes some noise!

And agree...3-4 wins would be a disaster. We should be ~7 year in year out now. Or at least .500. We're no longer the new kid on the block...we're fully up to CAA speed (recruiting wise).