UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dane96

CAA PRE-SEASON POLL and ALL CONFERENCE PICKS

Great Danes come in 9th.  If we get line and QB play, we can be 5th or 6th IMHO.  

JMU, UNH, Delaware, Stony Brook, Elon, Villanova, Richmond, Maine, Albany, Towson, W&M, and Rhode Island...in order. 

Surprised to see Villanova and Richmond that low. The guy at Elon has really turned that program around. Is JMU still gonna be crushing people by 40 each game? Freakin insane, that program.

• Like 1

Donovan MacDonald All-CAA First Team kick returner.  Team is pretty well spread out...no one school dominated the Poll.  

To your point, Nova and Richmond that low just shows how deep this league is.  Incredible.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

No Danes on the All-First team defense.  I’m a bit surprised as the d line is very strong.  JMU dominates with four picks. 

Saw all of this too.    We have to win more games.  The fact that we beat Nova and New Hampshire again last year doesn't count.  Gotta win those close games.  Remember we lost 5 or 6 last year by a TOTAL of 20 points or so.  Got several Transfers and Juco guys who come in as Sophomores and Juniors.  Hope they help turm things around.

I think Mencer deserves to be on the pre season all conference team.  

I'd be surprised if UNH finishes second in the conference - they have a tough schedule and i don't know if they even get to 7 wins. 

I do think this will be a very good UAlbany team with a relatively easy schedule.  

Just give me progress, even if it's a sub .500 season...show me that we are heading in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Just give me progress, even if it's a sub .500 season...show me that we are heading in the right direction. 

coughqbcough

9 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Great Danes come in 9th.  If we get line and QB play, we can be 5th or 6th IMHO.  

JMU, UNH, Delaware, Stony Brook, Elon, Villanova, Richmond, Maine, Albany, Towson, W&M, and Rhode Island...in order. 

Looks like they took last year's standings, jumped UNH and UD over Stony Brook, dropped Richmond behind Nova and Towson behind Albany. Don't think the SDIs put a lot of thought into their votes.

We could finish 6-2 or 5-3, good for 4th or 5th

• Like 1

Is there a replay of Gattuso's interview, or is under the CAA site that says

Unfortunately, this event has reached
the capacity set by the host.  

17 hours ago, reeder said:

I think Mencer deserves to be on the pre season all conference team.  

I'd be surprised if UNH finishes second in the conference - they have a tough schedule and i don't know if they even get to 7 wins. 

I do think this will be a very good UAlbany team with a relatively easy schedule.  

I really like him and I think he could be first team next year...but first this year is a jump based on last year’s play.   Hopefully he uses it as motivation.  Love his game.  

I’m optimistic for a real good season.  Haven’t been thinking about UA athletics at all since lacrosse ended.  But after watching this, I’m pumped!  About 4 weeks away!  

8 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Is there a replay of Gattuso's interview, or is under the CAA site that says

Unfortunately, this event has reached
the capacity set by the host.  

Its on the UA FT facebook page

We need to understand, staying healthy and injury free is essential. Lastly our players need to have success on the field with wins, which leads to happy athletes and fans in the stands.