UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany vs. Pittsburgh @ Heinz Field

Might as well get this going; today, Vincent Testerverde Jr. was named the starter at QB for the Pitt game.

The team had fun with the announcement, going the "Papal" route; Purple smoke rises it was Vinny, White- Brunson, Gold- Burns.

https://twitter.com/UAlbanyFootball/status/1032690649840209920

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

All of Pitt's games at 68,400-seat Heinz Field last year had attendance between 30,889 and 41,124. There was some talk about "right-sizing" the stadium with tarps on some sections of the upper deck, but no real college would do that, would they?  *cough*$iena*cough*

What should Pitt do about it empty stadium?

Eventually they decided against it.

Heather Lyke: Pitt will not tarp off sections of Heinz Field

In 2017 Pitt needed overtime to beat Youngstown St. 28-21

In an online chat at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, only two questions about Albany to writer Batko:

Pitt Fan: What's the best way to sell someone on attending the Albany game? I'm trying to convince a friend to go with my extra ticket. 
Brian Batko: No. 1, the same reason to attend any season opener: Hope springs eternal. If this is the year Pitt goes undefeated and wins the CFP, don't you wanna say you saw where it all started?
No. 2, Albany's quarterback is likely to be Vincent Testaverde. Yes, that's Vinny's son. Tell your friend(s), it'll impress them.

John : Albany is picked very low in its conference. Fair to say Pitt fans should be concerned if this game is closer than 24+ points? 
Brian Batko: I think that's fair! 

At the Pitt kickoff luncheon,  Coach Narduzzi didn't mention Albany, but he's already concerned with Penn State the week after, and talking about not only the ACC champioship game, but also the National chipper

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2018/08/24/pat-narduzzi-pitt-football-kickoff-luncheon-louis-reddick/stories/201808240155

Go ahead, look past us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

But is it listed as espn, n2, n3, or nU; than free but if listed as espn+ must have subscription?? I believe?????

If you have regular ESPN and the WatchESPN app, it’ll be free as far as I know. You cannot get it on cable. You need the app either on a tablet, computer, phone OR on a streaming device like Roku or Apple TV. The app is free and you’ll need your cable company name and sign in for the cable company.