UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany vs. Pittsburgh @ Heinz Field

I've been pretty quiet on football (a lot of Yeh's out there!);  but feel compelled to support the gg haters/doubters. Like many/some I was very upset/concerned about his extension. I've gotten beyond that and am willing to "quietly" give him this year. But I feel compelled to remind bloggers I NEVER bought into the so called HUGE gap between the northeast and the caa.  IMHO I have/do disagree with those  who have used the "major stepup excuse" to buy gg time. So I'll try to keep my complaints/criticisms to myself; but produce this year or fire his a$$ or I may have to consider not renewing my season tickets next year (and I go back to club game 1).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I've been pretty quiet on football (a lot of Yeh's out there!);  but feel compelled to support the gg haters/doubters. Like many/some I was very upset/concerned about his extension. I've gotten beyond that and am willing to "quietly" give him this year. But I feel compelled to remind bloggers I NEVER bought into the so called HUGE gap between the northeast and the caa.  IMHO I have/do disagree with those  who have used the "major stepup excuse" to buy gg time. So I'll try to keep my complaints/criticisms to myself; but produce this year or fire his a$$ or I may have to consider not renewing my season tickets next year (and I go back to club game 1).

I'm not prepared to go as far as you but I share your concerns...I think 5 years is enough to stop saying it's a huge step up we need time. No more time will be given by me as one singular-paying fan/season ticket holder. It's time to produce!!!!!

Like you, I'm willing to see how this year plays out irrespective of my lighting myself on fire each game thread...my passion bucket overflows but I can't stand the excuse making for this man. He has proven absolutely NOTHING and they rewarded him with an extension that should he not be able to turn it around will keep him here into the next decade as it will be to cost prohibitive to fire him. I would have waited on this year to extend him or let him walk.

Edited by Clickclack

Definitely should have waited to see how he did this year. Even if he wins 3 games this year, he won't get fired thanks to that terrible extension and us owing him money. Classic Jimmy situation lol.

He's in year 5 now with 100% his kids, right? We can't blame ANYTHING that happens on either of the following excuses anymore:

1) He's playing with Ford's NEC kids

2) We're new to the CAA (at what point do we stop being new?)

Time to earn your keep, GG.

Edited by Eli

I guess it depends on what your definition of success is. I won't be ready to give up if the team has a bad record. The CAA is the best FCS conference, and it isn't easy to win in the league.

That said, if the team is terrible again. Looks lost all season, and fails to be exciting then I will jump on board the fire train. If the team only wins 3 games but plays an exciting game that keeps us interested all season, I will give him more time to build. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

That said, if the team is terrible again. Looks lost all season, and fails to be exciting then I will jump on board the fire train. If the team only wins 3 games but plays an exciting game that keeps us interested all season, I will give him more time to build. 

I'm willing to do the same. If we're in every game and only lose by a touchdown or field goal, that's growing I guess. But if we are disinterested, yelling at each other on the sideline, walking through games, then I'm the trains freakin conductor lol.

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

Or we can wait to see how we do against a solid, CAA team in URI.  

Get out of here with your sane/level headed posting man. We ain't got time for that! You're either awesome or you suck! No in between!

:P 

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2018 at 3:40 PM, Dane96 said:

Looks like the game notes were wrong. Niko Culnan is tarting at center.  Hunter Verdi isn't with the team.

But WHAT A PASS AND CATCH.

Dane96 - Hunter Verdi isn’t with the team at all or wasn’t with the team in Pittsburgh?  He was a good re rust - hope he’s still with the team.

16 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I guess it depends on what your definition of success is. I won't be ready to give up if the team has a bad record. The CAA is the best FCS conference, and it isn't easy to win in the league.

For the record, no one has yet called for his firing...just feel that needs to be made clear. 

• 2 months later...

Sry guys had to do this . Posted this on September 1st: This is not an overreaction.  I know many of you guys were high on this team.  They will not win 5 games. Sorry 

HOF2013 responded: YES it is an overreaction. You CAN NOT base anything on a game with an ACC team!!!! 21 more scholarships!!!!!!  Speed kills.   As the commentator said out 2nd and third string playing on special teams can not come close to matching up with their special teams.  That is obvious.  I could easily have been tied at 7.  I guess they don't call holds on the corner anymore!! 

Dane96 responded :

QTR into a season against our first Power 5 game and you won't call it an overreaction?

Wait a few weeks...let's see.

First one to call it. 

Those who know me know I'm not a negative person but I also dont have rose colored glasses on either. I just call it like I see it. Team is terrible and only getting worse. Anyone wanna call it an overreaction now ???? Lol. 

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Sry guys had to do this . Posted this on September 1st: This is not an overreaction.  I know many of you guys were high on this team.  They will not win 5 games. Sorry 

HOF2013 responded: YES it is an overreaction. You CAN NOT base anything on a game with an ACC team!!!! 21 more scholarships!!!!!!  Speed kills.   As the commentator said out 2nd and third string playing on special teams can not come close to matching up with their special teams.  That is obvious.  I could easily have been tied at 7.  I guess they don't call holds on the corner anymore!! 

Dane96 responded :

QTR into a season against our first Power 5 game and you won't call it an overreaction?

Wait a few weeks...let's see.

First one to call it. 

Those who know me know I'm not a negative person but I also dont have rose colored glasses on either. I just call it like I see it. Team is terrible and only getting worse. Anyone wanna call it an overreaction now ???? Lol. 

Bro... I've been mad since last spring when that rediculous extension was announced... I haven't stopped being mad. 

• Haha 1

I feel like President Trump. Being right and still being laughed at. Haha... jk. .. Winning !!!!!!! 

Or in the case of the football team. Losing !!!!! 

17 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

LMAO!

I feel like President Trump. Being right and still being laughed at. Haha... jk. .. Winning !!!!!!! 

Or in the case of the football team. Losing !!!!! 

• Thanks 1