UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This appears to be an up year for them...opponent more our speed. Can't wait to see this one, hopefully a good healthy week or practice, clean up some of the special teams mistakes and offensive line. 

Excited to see what VT, Holm and the running game can do in this one. 

Looking for better pursuit and tackling by defense, need to put a body on the offensive player and not arm tackles. 

• Sad 1

Recall that UA laid a huge egg at home last year and URI kicked the $iena out of our vaunted defense. I had to look it up to refresh my memory, but BernardBall generated 30 yards of offense in the first half and I walked out in disgust some time in the third period. So yeah, I’ll say this will be a tough game. 

By by the way, the tight ends were invisible against Pitt unless they were mostly blocking. The one target I remember hit the UA player in the ear hole and was almost intercepted. Maybe Husain WAS our best option. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Recall that UA laid a huge egg at home last year and URI kicked the $iena out of our vaunted defense. I had to look it up to refresh my memory, but BernardBall generated 30 yards of offense in the first half and I walked out in disgust some time in the third period. So yeah, I’ll say this will be a tough game. 

By by the way, the tight ends were invisible against Pitt unless they were mostly blocking. The one target I remember hit the UA player in the ear hole and was almost intercepted. Maybe Husain WAS our best option. 

BernardBall ?

Before the game I said I’ll be happy if we don’t get torched more than once on kicks and long plays (twice  right off the bat, then OK), gain 300 yds on offense, (check),and keep the spread under 20 (nope). Winning the turnover battle would be nice.(even)

OK, I’ll take three out of those four. (1 1/2)

Massey and RealtimeRPI have moved URI to a slight favorite. The AGS CAA Week #2 Pick'em so far is unanimous for Rhode Island.

Pitt had to drive the field for their scores. They may not have tried any long fly patterns, but I doubt URI can match Pitt's power.   

I think we're better than last year, and better than people think. We'll see how much better URI is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Not a lot of love on AGS board...everyone but one guy is picking URI. 

Yeah, but those same wizards at prognostications pretty much went all in for the Hens last week...so a lack of love might be the best news. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Hard to draw too many conclusions from the Pitt game other than we have a tremendous group of receivers and a very good RB so the running and passing game should compliment each other really well.

Hard to believe that any of the teams coming up on the schedule are on the same level as Pitt so optimism should be high.

• Like 1

No team in the CAA has anywhere near the size, speed and athleticism as Pitt. 

We have a very light schedule - we don’t play any of the top ranked CAA teams - no JMU,  Villanova or Elon.  Our out of conference is also light - Morgan State won 1 game last year, St. Francis was under .500 in the NEC last year...

This should be a very good season. 

13 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Ok, I went to the CAATV site and its says the Albany/URI game is a pay per view?

Yeah, I see that too. The FoxSportsGo app I downloaded to my tablet shows the game available on Saturday with no mention of payment. You need to have a cable or satellite provider to sign on with.