Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cwdickens

Women's Basketball 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Dane4ever said:

Sorry to go off subject but I'm curious about this . . . didn't Trpcic (sp?) transfer to UC-Davis?  If so, do D-1 women have to sit out a year?  I ask because I looked at the UC-Davis women's team stats, and she doesn't appear anywhere in them.

Yes - she has to sit this year out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dane4ever said:

Sorry to go off subject but I'm curious about this . . . didn't Trpcic (sp?) transfer to UC-Davis?  If so, do D-1 women have to sit out a year?  I ask because I looked at the UC-Davis women's team stats, and she doesn't appear anywhere in them.

Yes, the UC-Davis news on her signing says she sits out this year, will have two years remaining. Her sister is at Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having 3 coaches in 4 years has really impacted the women's program.  Three quality players left,  recruits didn't come and talented players graduated.  We need to give the new coach 2-3 years to rebuild---especially guards and scorers.  Current players are giving great effort but it is going to be far from easy.  We will still be there to support them!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dane4ever said:

Meanwhile, BC is 6-0, with a win at Houston, 26-point win over Holy Cross.

 

And Coach Abe is 5-1 at UCF.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldtimer said:

. We need to give the new coach 2-3 years to rebuild---especially guards and scorers.  .

Click will be telling you we should be winning by Christmas.

I heard somebody say they looked like one of Trina's teams. Not that bad, but if they could shoot they'd look a lot better - Sunday they only went 4-13 from the foul line - shoot 75% and they're into overtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Click will be telling you we should be winning by Christmas.

I heard somebody say they looked like one of Trina's teams. Not that bad, but if they could shoot they'd look a lot better - Sunday they only went 4-13 from the foul line - shoot 75% and they're into overtime.

Or maybe she needs 6 or 7 years like a fellow coach in the athletic dept.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Or maybe she needs 6 or 7 years like a fellow coach in the athletic dept.

I like to think this is a tongue in cheek remark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo said:

And Coach MAC was 5-0 at BC last I looked. 

6 - 0; I am not certain about the strength 💪 of schedule 📅; I like 👍 to  see how they do in conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Click will be telling you we should be winning by Christmas.

I heard somebody say they looked like one of Trina's teams. Not that bad, but if they could shoot they'd look a lot better - Sunday they only went 4-13 from the foul line - shoot 75% and they're into overtime.

She's got 2 or so years to show progress, meaning positive momentum, doesn't mean she needs to win 25 games... If by year 5 she's winning 28% of ae games... I reserve the right to demand that her ass get fired. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched most of tonight’s game. Frame was the offense. Defense was not bad. Lousy shooting in general and very sloppy passing led to layups by Canisius. Definitely work to be done before AE play starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today they lose i double OT by a point.  They had #! turnovers and shot 54.4 % from the free throw line.  They really need to cherish the ball more.  Stokes had 8 turnovers herself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alum73 said:

Today they lose i double OT by a point.  They had #! turnovers and shot 54.4 % from the free throw line.  They really need to cherish the ball more.  Stokes had 8 turnovers herself.  

They had 31 turnovers; blew a 13 point lead in the 4th qtr and missed 5 of 6 free throws in the last minute of regulation with the lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to watch the game last night. What a second half let down. Are they getting gassed or is it just the poor offense (bad shooting) that has been plaguing them all along?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×