UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fall Ball - Men's Lacrosse

On 9/23/2018 at 7:50 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Are you saying $400k in donations or in additional ticket revenue?

I know some lacrosse specific donations have been coming in, but no specific campaign I am aware of other than it is providing some additional support above and beyond the current tam budget.

In Game revenue

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Title IX is going to put a serious cap on the growth of DI men's lacrosse, and with the growth of the game at the high school level there will continue to be a ton of quality players for everyone, and unlike in football, with lacrosse you only need 18-22 quality guys to compete. It will be interesting to see with the new rules how that all changes. 

As far as rankings go, the lacrosse ranking are probably the most irrelevant of all of them. There are probably 2-4 guys who somehow think they can adequately evaluate and rank hundreds to thousands of players across the country, and much of it is done in the summer which isn't usually the best format to really get a read on players. 

All you have to do is look at the most recent guys who have come through the program to cast a serious doubt on the guys who rank players and recruiting classes.

Totally agree - those rank numbers are suspect - Albany gets real quality guys that are not ranked at all.

Edited by HOF2013

13 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Hey, I am impressed they have the returning players up! It isn't terribly unusual to wait on the freshmen. I think the final number was eight. I hear that several of them are pushing the older guys.

Who didn't show up?

8 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Who didn't show up?

Not positive, but I think everyone did. I know we lost a FOGO a while back from Long Island who switched to Navy, and Owen Hill is at OCC. Last year's freshmen class was a big one so maybe this was a deliberate move to keep the roster at a reasonable size.

Just wondering? Do you think the dearth of information and slow communications and promotion this year is a conscious reaction by Scott et staff, after all the hype of last years team and expectations?? Maybe being more focused and low key? Or is just another case of poor UA marketing and promotion????? Thoughts/Opinions!

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Just wondering? Do you think the dearth of information and slow communications and promotion this year is a conscious reaction by Scott et staff, after all the hype of last years team and expectations?? Maybe being more focused and low key? Or is just another case of poor UA marketing and promotion????? Thoughts/Opinions!

Seems as if business as usual to me. I do think Coach Marr is justifiably lowering expectations a bit. Still a lot of talent on this team, but some big holes to fill.

8 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Seems as if business as usual to me. I do think Coach Marr is justifiably lowering expectations a bit. Still a lot of talent on this team, but some big holes to fill.

Would make sense!  

On 9/29/2018 at 8:29 PM, Capital District Lax said:

Three Upcoming Home Fall Ball Events for UAlbany Men’s Lacrosse 

Alumni Game: 10/6/18

Hill Academy Scrimmage: 10/9/18

Headstrong Foundation Fall Classic: 10/13/18

The Lacrosse schedule per the above link, list the Headstrong Classic and times. Does NOT list the alumni game or Hill scrimmage. May be because they are "less official."  Anyone know for sure they are still on 10/6 @ 4pm and 10/9 @ 8pm??

• Like 1