UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fall Ball - Men's Lacrosse

5 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

When a player leaves a school I have to figure less than a 50-50 chance they return . Just speaking generally here but when I heard he was leaving to be honest I wasn't sure he was coming back. 

I posted in the other thread that either the boys and coaches are toting the party line or no on honestly doesn't know.  My only thought, and maybe I am looking for the silver lining, is that he worked to hard at IMG to become NCAA eligible that he would just walk away. We did see the youngest Staats go pro from OCC rather than transfer into a DI program. The Thompson's could have done that, but I do think the overall life experiences and legend they developed while at Albany has served them much better than if they had just gone pro, especially in a sport where going pro doesn't necessarily lead to riches.

The guys who are really making it, which isn't many, do it through endorsements.

I guess we won't know for sure until we know for sure.

51 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

It is. It's a pic of him on instagram with the line "going pro" that was shared in a facebook college lax group.

I follow him on instagram, but not on that facebook page. His original post does not say he is going pro, but it is lyrics from a song which could certainly lead one to jump to that conclusion. He does have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor, but who knows. Either way the Danes are moving forward. We only roll with the guys on the train!

4 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

It's still just a rumor, but created a pretty long discussion in the group.

I've had a number of friends ask me and still no idea if this is true or bad joke gone wrong. Not that Coach Marr listens to me, but he needs to sit down with the young man and give him a stern talking too, and clear this up one way or the other. This shows a total disrespect for his coaches, the program, and his teammates. 

2 hours ago, UAFAN said:

Prayers to the Hay family especially and to the other injured in this accident!  PURPLE Family needs to step up. To donate, go to the GoFundMe page for Tim Hay.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Maryland up at Albany March 9th 3pm!

Could be a tough game.  We'll see I guess.  Hope the kids come together and continue to improve.  Positive comments from you guys so I hope they will start to click.