UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #3: 9/15/18 - 7:00pm - vs Morgan State

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I don't think anyone else has given up either, just completely frustrated with what looks like a lack of progress. Most people that post on the site are die hard that have gotten used to UA dominance in almost every sport. To see one looking hopeless is discouraging.

Yeah it has nothing to do with giving up. We pay a lot of money and want the success that should come with it. 

Pretending that everything is good and blindly having faith is silly. And being positive for positive's sake is just...yeah, no. Won't do it. 

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I don't think anyone else has given up either, just completely frustrated with what looks like a lack of progress. Most people that post on the site are die hard that have gotten used to UA dominance in almost every sport. To see one looking hopeless is discouraging.

Looking for scalps is giving up.  Sometimes you have to look for progress!!! Gets frustrating listening to people who have never played [ or played Pop Warner or a little HS ball years ago], never coached and who don't have a clue  telling everybody else what the program needs!  Sounds like Pop Warner parents or MANY HS parents!!   Now I can understand why coaching staffs do NOT read anything posted on these fan blogs.  I'm gonna stay off too - just can't listen to any more of it!

On 9/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, reeder said:

i'm not sure i believe this.  There's not much revenue with football.  Yes there are ticket sales and donations but i doubt that comes close to servicing the debt for the stadium.  The guarantee games probably cover some of the remaining operating expenses but 63 scholarships is expensive.

I'd guess that basketball provides more revenue with their guarantee games, NCAA tournament shares... 

My donations are squarely tied to football.  Too much nonsense happening at colleges for me to fund the university or academics.  Not sure I’d follow UA much without it.

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Looking for scalps is giving up.  Sometimes you have to look for progress!!! Gets frustrating listening to people who have never played [ or played Pop Warner or a little HS ball years ago], never coached and who don't have a clue  telling everybody else what the program needs!  Sounds like Pop Warner parents or MANY HS parents!!   Now I can understand why coaching staffs do NOT read anything posted on these fan blogs.  I'm gonna stay off too - just can't listen to any more of it!

Yeah... Some progress we are seeing. Even you can't find it with a magnifying glass. When they were getting run off the field at rhody you were nowhere to be found. 

Why don't you as the resident expert explain to all of us unwashed massas all the incredible progress you have been looking for and undoubtedly uncovered. We're waiting... I'm dead serious? Tell us what you are seeing on the field in terms of progress. I'll hang up and listen. 

And when you are done you can collect you spin fee from gg. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

You have used this argument before. IT HOLDS NO WATER. This blog is open to all and everyone is welcome to their opinions. MILLIONS of people every weekend watch college and pro football, go to games and participate in blogs and fantasy football ; WITHOUT ever having played or coached a down. Because you played DOES NOT MAKE YOU  necessarily smarter than anyone of these millions or anyone of the fans on this blog. In fact I would suggest that playing with all the shots to the head and concussions etc, may make having been a player a negative correlation. For years players at some schools; played without being able to read or write and graduated functionally illiterate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't need to have designed, built or driven a train to know that when it goes off the tracks something went wrong. Maybe the train was going too fast, maybe something was on the tracks, maybe something on the train broke, maybe a rail failed. If a plane crashes into the side of a mountain I don't have to be an aeronautical engineer or a pilot to know something went wrong. If a team is 1-8 over its last 9 games and just got blown out by the only team selected below us on the preseason poll, I don't need to be a former player or coach to know something is wrong. Former players and coaches may have better insights into inner workings, but it does not take away from others who can see and analyze. I have a very good friend who is a successful former head coach of a sport I know almost nothing about. This former coach asked me what I saw at one of the games....wanted my opinion. Gave my opinion. The coach said I was absolutely right and had been harping on the team to correct it. Never played or coached that sport except for a few PE classes in HS. I've watched football religiously for nearly 60 years. You learn stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I don't need to have designed, built or driven a train to know that when it goes off the tracks something went wrong. Maybe the train was going too fast, maybe something was on the tracks, maybe something on the train broke, maybe a rail failed. If a plane crashes into the side of a mountain I don't have to be an aeronautical engineer or a pilot to know something went wrong. If a team is 1-8 over its last 9 games and just got blown out by the only team selected below us on the preseason poll, I don't need to be a former player or coach to know something is wrong. Former players and coaches may have better insights into inner workings, but it does not take away from others who can see and analyze. I have a very good friend who is a successful former head coach of a sport I know almost nothing about. This former coach asked me what I saw at one of the games....wanted my opinion. Gave my opinion. The coach said I was absolutely right and had been harping on the team to correct it. Never played or coached that sport except for a few PE classes in HS. I've watched football religiously for nearly 60 years. You learn stuff. 

You win the day! Have a good one!

No one is rooting for this team to lose no matter how frustrated I get or others...hopefully they start to turn things around tomorrow. I for one want to see a winning product even against lower level teams, have to start somewhere. So let's start tomorrow. 

Edited by Clickclack

16 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Now I can understand why coaching staffs do NOT read anything posted on these fan blogs.  I'm gonna stay off too - just can't listen to any more of it!

Maybe they SHOULD.

The football, albeit evidently super ignorant, community here knew exactly what some of the play calls were going to be based on personnel (Sussman up the middle). Maybe if the doofus we call our head coach had come here sooner (or at all), he might have fixed that problem before the kid averaged like -20 yards a game FOR A WHOLE FREAKIN YEAR! LOL. Or when we lamented that a DC was running our offense and that is the main reason our offense was struggling....lo and behold, 4 years later, he moves him to DC and the offense is now decent (but the defense sucks). If only he had read the ignorant postings of the community...oh, if only...

Now if only he would read this comment: remove Bernard from DC and make him the water boy. Maybe that is something he won't mess up. If we start to see a lot of cramping...well then...

I lost all faith and respect for GG when after a win (I think against UB), I emailed him a congrats but asked why we don't throw anything over the middle (or rather, why Bernard called some of the stupid **** he called) and he told me, in no specific terms, to shove my opinion where the sun don't shine as he doesn't care what people think. Basically told me to go screw myself. Dude is a fool and doesn't take criticism/suggestions, football wise, very well. It actually may be to his benefit to check this forum once in a while...HE might learn something. lol.

Don't even get me started on the 'we'll run my system next game'...that's still a head scratcher lol.

Again, might be a nice guy on the street/at home/at the store...but as far as football goes...no bueno. If these next two weeks aren't UA blowouts and massive wins, I'm ready for UA HC v3.0.

Edited by Eli

Home opener T-U

Ibitokun-Hanks wanted the scout defense to play harder. Coaches want to get him more involved in the offense. Gattuso said he feels his defenders are overthinking matters and not reacting as fast as they can.

Stire is expected to play. T-U

UAlbany football needs win in home opener - Gazette

On 9/10/2018 at 8:34 AM, Eli said:

IMO, even if he doesn't win a single game this year, I don't see how UA could eat that contract they gave him. He's in year 1 of a 5 year deal. How many coaches get fired in that situation? Only way I can see it happen is if Benson somehow manages to move some money from other areas into a 'coaching change' bucket without adversely affecting fans (raising ticket prices, etc.)...but we need money for a TON of other stuff (multiple new facilities).

I don't see Gattuso getting fired until year 4. So we're in this for the long haul.

As Click said in another thread...it sucks to speak so cavalierly about someones livelihood and I'm sure GG is a good guy off the field but on the field...ugh.

Did UA not learn a thing from the Siena debacle. You guys gave coach G the Patsos special. ???

Edited by OneDane
  • Thanks 2