UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #3: 9/15/18 - 7:00pm - vs Morgan State

25 minutes ago, Eli said:

I know one thing...they better win the next two home games or I won't be back in 2018. I'd much rather enjoy the comforts of my home and watch a loss than sit in cold bleachers with a hot chocolate in hand trying to muscle through another loss (although chatting with Jimbo is always a pleasure hah).

If the current state of affairs keeps up I cannot guarantee pleasurable conversations!

• Haha 2

I’ll be flying in from Michigan for Saturday’s game.  I bought 15 tickets for family and friends.

I was happy to see us play our first ACC team despite a loss.  URI was a huge disappointment.  The program seems a bit rudderless.  Let’s make some changes to get us back to winning.  Upward and onward

• Like 2

UAlbany defense is struggling - T-U. Well, duh

"It's just (about) living up to that Great Dane defense expectation,'' junior safety Tyler Carswell said after Tuesday's practice. "It's not so much replacing one player. It's living up to the entire defense's reputation.

UAlbany graduated first-team all-CAA defensive end Malachi Hoskins, linebacker and league tackles leader Nate Hatalsky and steady cornerback Jamal Robinson from that defense. Two other starters also didn't return. To make matters worse, the Great Danes have lost both starting safeties with Mason Gray out for the year following preseason shoulder surgery and Josh Wynn of CBA suffering a lower-body injury in the Pitt defeat. Head coach Greg Gattuso said Wynn will be out until after the bye week on Sept. 29. UAlbany also lost linebacker Eli Mencer to an undisclosed injury against URI, but Gattuso said he might return against Morgan State.

"The big thing is tighten up the gameplan and simplify,'' Gattuso said. "We've got, I think, seven kids with two (career) starts or less on our defense right now. We've got to tighten it down to where they're comfortable and they can play fast. I don't think we're playing fast. We can't get off the field on third down."

Dudzinski talked about adjusting the defense to suit his inexperienced players. "We've got to be a little bit simpler,'' he said. "I don't think it's been overcomplicated, but I just think we've got to go to their strengths more than my strengths. There's things I know as a coach that I think I can do this (or) we can do this, but the kids can't play that way. We've got to go back to fundamentals, tackling, lining up, all those things and then build from there."

Does this >>>>> mean there is a core group mucking things up >>>> "On every team, there is a core group that sets the tone for everyone else. If the tone is positive, you have half the battle won. If it is negative, you are beaten before you ever walk on the field." – Chuck Noll.  Posted by Coach Gatusso.  he needs to get a handle on this immediately f there is!

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

UAlbany defense is struggling - T-U. Well, duh

"It's just (about) living up to that Great Dane defense expectation,'' junior safety Tyler Carswell said after Tuesday's practice. "It's not so much replacing one player. It's living up to the entire defense's reputation.

UAlbany graduated first-team all-CAA defensive end Malachi Hoskins, linebacker and league tackles leader Nate Hatalsky and steady cornerback Jamal Robinson from that defense. Two other starters also didn't return. To make matters worse, the Great Danes have lost both starting safeties with Mason Gray out for the year following preseason shoulder surgery and Josh Wynn of CBA suffering a lower-body injury in the Pitt defeat. Head coach Greg Gattuso said Wynn will be out until after the bye week on Sept. 29. UAlbany also lost linebacker Eli Mencer to an undisclosed injury against URI, but Gattuso said he might return against Morgan State.

"The big thing is tighten up the gameplan and simplify,'' Gattuso said. "We've got, I think, seven kids with two (career) starts or less on our defense right now. We've got to tighten it down to where they're comfortable and they can play fast. I don't think we're playing fast. We can't get off the field on third down."

Dudzinski talked about adjusting the defense to suit his inexperienced players. "We've got to be a little bit simpler,'' he said. "I don't think it's been overcomplicated, but I just think we've got to go to their strengths more than my strengths. There's things I know as a coach that I think I can do this (or) we can do this, but the kids can't play that way. We've got to go back to fundamentals, tackling, lining up, all those things and then build from there."

Yep!

50 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

FYI, was this announced previously?

I hadn't seen it until now. I am ok with ending 15 minutes before kickoff. You want the crowd in the stadium for the opening stuff not in the lot. Last year in SEFCU the arena was empty at opening tip for a ton of games, only to fill half way through the first half. 

A little notice on the later start would have been nice though. 

I usually get a ton of emails for all sorts of things....once again, no communication. This the first I've seen of it. Ridiculous how this administration can't handle the most basic of things...firing off a freakin email/newsletter. Unbelievable. Benson, if you're reading this..."Come'on Man!"

On 9/10/2018 at 8:53 PM, Michigan_Dane said:

I’ll be flying in from Michigan for Saturday’s game.  I bought 15 tickets for family and friends.

I was happy to see us play our first ACC team despite a loss.  URI was a huge disappointment.  The program seems a bit rudderless.  Let’s make some changes to get us back to winning.  Upward and onward

Unlike many here, I am not about to throw in the towel and turn against the program.  I played here and bled here.  There is NEVER any quitting in me.  Glad to see you are coming.  You'll have a great time, especially if you have not been in the new stadium.  I try to ignore the naysayers but can't always.  I prefer to always have faith in the program and be positive.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clickclack said:

FYI, was this announced previously?

Most tailgaters don't show up that early anyway.  AND I never understood why they would not go into the stadium and watch the game when it starts!

• Like 2

From the web site "Tailgating must discontinue 15 minutes prior to the start of the event or contest, there is no tailgating allowed while the event or contest is underway, and tailgating lots must be cleaned and fully vacated 90 minutes following the conclusion of the event "

Does this mean they'll be watching for a quick run to the parking lot during halftime?

44 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Unlike many here, I am not about to throw in the towel and turn against the program.  I played here and bled here.  There is NEVER any quitting in me.  Glad to see you are coming.  You'll have a great time, especially if you have not been in the new stadium.  I try to ignore the naysayers but can't always.  I prefer to always have faith in the program and be positive.

I don't think anyone else has given up either, just completely frustrated with what looks like a lack of progress. Most people that post on the site are die hard that have gotten used to UA dominance in almost every sport. To see one looking hopeless is discouraging.

• Like 3