UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #4: 9/22/18 - 7:00pm - vs St. Francis (PA)

11 hours ago, Eli said:

I swear...GG better try throwing the ball 40 times again. I will walk down and slap the headset right off that giant head of his. /s

OC calls the plays my friend!   

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Gazette says VT still starter, but it may be just before the game when it’s decided if he’ll play. No mention of Nic....Brunson ready to step in. 

I'd like them to go right to Burns if there are issues BUT he hasn't been with the 1st team so we have been told.

35 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

OC calls the plays my friend!   

True...but maybe not so much.  Gattuso said that he wanted to set the offensive game plan after our loss to Rhode Island.  That takes away some control from the OC. 

Now, whether that happened or not, we will never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

True...but maybe not so much.  Gattuso said that he wanted to set the offensive game plan after our loss to Rhode Island.  That takes away some control from the OC. 

Now, whether that happened or not, we will never know.

Like I mentioned earlier this week, that always is done by OC and his 'staff' unless the HC is also the OC, BUT with input from head coach. UNLESS there is a crisis situation, which may be where they see us right now.  Maybe Coach Gatusso is going to be more involved with the O after the loss.  THAT was the reason for him shaking his head after and when talking with Davis on the sideline would be my guess.  Davis has never been at this level.  Fordham more like our old league.  MAYBE he has to re-evaluate his playbook some.  Did anybody see the quote he posted on the UA FB page>> "Dr. Susan Elza‏ @UIL_AD Sep 9

MoreMost would rather be ruined by praise rather than saved by criticism. Coaches/leaders are obligated to correct what you are doing wrong. Toughen up and commit to getting better. #getthosefeelingsoffyoursleeve"

About says it I'd say!

When people want to have a dialog WITHOUT attacking I am game!
Edited by HOF2013

22 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Like I mentioned earlier this week, that always is done by OC and his 'staff' unless the HC is also the OC, BUT with input from head coach. UNLESS there is a crisis situation, which may be where they see us right now.  Maybe Coach Gatusso is going to be more involved with the O after the loss.  THAT was the reason for him shaking his head after and when talking with Davis on the sideline would be my guess.  Davis has never been at this level.  Fordham more like our old league.  MAYBE he has to re-evaluate his playbook some.  Did anybody see the quote he posted on the UA FB page>> "Dr. Susan Elza‏ @UIL_AD Sep 9

MoreMost would rather be ruined by praise rather than saved by criticism. Coaches/leaders are obligated to correct what you are doing wrong. Toughen up and commit to getting better. #getthosefeelingsoffyoursleeve"

About says it I'd say!

Not for nothing... I've tried, I've asked what you saw out there that gives you hope. You have no comment... 

What grade would you give Gattuso on this year? I give him a solid D- and trending down. 

Edited by Clickclack

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

About says it I'd say!

OMG...so much you are wrong on here.

And for clarity, to save the rant:  1) He coached a QB who was in the NFL; 2) He led Shippensburg  to one of the best offenses in the country.  They would be a mid-tier FCS school.  3) More to the point, he led Northern Iowa's offense to a quarterfinal.  One of the best offenses in the land that year...with a tremendous ground game.

Hmmmm....what as Duquense known for when we played them in the NEC / PFL days- the air game.

What did we get last week- the air game.

Math.Logic.Reasoning.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

HOF. Just stop. If I was the HC...even if I was defensive minded like Rex Ryan...if my OC was stinking up the joint I would take over 100% of the play calling duties IMMEDIATELY AT THE FIRST SIGN OF TROUBLE (we are now 3 games into 'trouble'). I am THE man. I am LITERALLY the top of the pyramid on a football team. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING goes through my headset and my microphone. The fact that GG keeps delegating the play calling instead of taking ownership is the BIGGEST indictment of who he is. He is just WAITING for someone else to be the scapegoat. How do you not see that and why do you keep defending it?

Just stop this nonsense already.

Silver lining? HOF is flapping his gums about in this place in defense of GG who can do no wrong (it's Davis' fault, it's the players fault, it's the moons fault, it's the guy who didn't turn his blinker on 4hrs norths fault, etc. etc.) pre-game but will be nowhere to be found 48-72hrs after the game ends. He will then come back to tell us we are terrible fans, attacking, etc.

Edited by Eli

3 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Davis has never been at this level.  Fordham more like our old league. 

Davis was the OC at UNI when they lost to NDSU in the quarterfinals a few years ago.  IMO, he knows what he’s doing.  That said, there are issues on the offensive line - same issues as last year.  

Just saw that Dane96 posted this already. 

Edited by reeder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

OMG...so much you are wrong on here.

And for clarity, to save the rant:  1) He coached a QB who was in the NFL; 2) He led Shippensburg  to one of the best offenses in the country.  They would be a mid-tier FCS school.  3) More to the point, he led Northern Iowa's offense to a quarterfinal.  One of the best offenses in the land that year...with a tremendous ground game.

Davis comes in with a reputation as a "quarterback whisperer" which is great. I'd like to see him be a little more of a "handoff whisperer" with Mofor and EIH in the backfield.

I think delaying the QB decision until just before the start of the season also put our offense behind. Hopefully survive tonight and improve through the bye week.

Not sure what kind of football we're going to see tonight but you couldn't weather for the first two home games this season.

• Like 2