UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #5: 10/06/18 - 3:30pm - at William & Mary

Wow. I left the house it was 22-10 and then Click texts me that they lost. Wow. What a disaster. 

For all of those who harped on my/our negativity...I/WE TOLD YOU SO!

I will no longer schedule life around UA football season. Don't know how many games I'll bother attending but knowing me, I'm a sucker and will still probably suffer through the rest of this lost season. 

Gattuso needs to be fired. All there is too it. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Eli said:

Wow. I left the house it was 22-10 and then Click texts me that they lost. Wow. What a disaster. 

For all of those who harped on my/our negativity...I/WE TOLD YOU SO!

I will no longer schedule life around UA football season. Don't know how many games I'll bother attending but knowing me, I'm a sucker and will still probably suffer through the rest of this lost season. 

Gattuso needs to be fired. All there is too it. 

That much is clear to everyone. Is there any doubt that had he not been extended this would be the end? 

Absolutely. There was a chance that he'd redeem himself and that extension but he just blew that chance to smithereens. I don't see it happening. Players don't want to play for such an inept coach so there is no chance his recruiting improves (there is a reason Vinny didn't work out anywhere). That extension is ridiculous and going to hurt the overall UA athletic program so much. 

It's a damn shame. 

Edited by Eli

VT is not the answer for 2018 and is gone in 2019 and this season is essentially lost. Brunson has proved he is not the answer. Time to play Burns and give him experience for 2019. Get Undecuffler in there for experience. Safeties don’t play offense. No excuses there except bad coaching, timid play calling and inadequate talent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimbo said:

VT is not the answer for 2018 and is gone in 2019 and this season is essentially lost. Brunson has proved he is not the answer. Time to play Burns and give him experience for 2019. Get Undecuffler in there for experience. Safeties don’t play offense. No excuses there except bad coaching, timid play calling and inadequate talent. 

I'd like to see Nyc sit until four left so he doesn't lose a year... 

This loss absolutely ruined my night on Saturday. A big reason why my night was ruined because I throw a huge tailgate party on HC every season (you are all invited...will post details) and was planning on being 4-2. I finally got the courage to look at the news articles this morning. I was too sick to even come to Big Purple Fans. Wow, with 6 minutes left they had the lead and couldn't close the deal. PLAY DEFENSE !!!  Hate to say it but I have joined Click's camp, and I don't just mean the staff. Wholesale changes from the top down. Contrary to what I have read it wont hurt recruiting, scholarships offered by a proven winner like the guy at Elon or just look to Rhode Island. Both teams were doormats and in two years they are both outstanding teams. Maybe someone reach out to Fleming for an upgraded job offer. For those who think they will scrap football and put the monies towards other sport you are delusional. They will get this fixed. They didn't spend the kind of money on a stadium to field an NEC team. Shame on the school for not getting Ford this facility 15 years ago, we would be in the playoffs every year.

I wont be as harsh or vocal but clearly our secondary is beyond horrific, 22 points is enough to win. Hate to say it poster's  but I will only post one more time for the sake of my tailgate party as to the where's and when's but I am done until next season.

Best

Edited by MRuler 79
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MRuler 79 said:

This loss absolutely ruined my night on Saturday. A big reason why my night was ruined because I throw a huge tailgate party on HC every season (you are all invited...will post details) and was planning on being 4-2. I finally got the courage to look at the news articles this morning. I was too sick to even come to Big Purple Fans. Wow, with 6 minutes left they had the lead and couldn't close the deal. PLAY DEFENSE !!!  Hate to say it but I have joined Click's camp, and I don't just mean the staff. Wholesale changes from the top down. Contrary to what I have read it wont hurt recruiting, scholarships offered by a proven winner like the guy at Elon or just look to Rhode Island. Both teams were doormats and in two years they are both outstanding teams. Maybe someone reach out to Fleming for an upgraded job offer. For those who think they will scrap football and put the monies towards other sport you are delusional. They will get this fixed. They didn't spend the kind of money on a stadium to field an NEC team. Shame on the school for not getting Ford this facility 15 years ago, we would be in the playoffs every year.

I wont be as harsh or vocal but clearly our secondary is beyond horrific, 22 points is enough to win. Hate to say it poster's  but I will only post one more time for the sake of my tailgate party as to the where's and when's but I am done until next season.

Best

As some here will tell you (you know who you are), they just need more time, 5 years isn't enough, he needs like 15 while the Elon and URI are kicking this $iena out of Gattuso. 

Just be positive...*hums Everything is Awesome tune*

giphy.gif

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

I know I'm beating a dead horse but I'm waited with bated breath as to who is retained after this season....I'd fire EVERY SINGLE COACH ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL. I'd also fire without exception the recruiting coordinator and key people involved with recruiting, especially the defensive side of the ball. The talent level with the exception of a few kids is appalling at every position except WR and RB. What is Gattuso doing on the recruiting trail, small, slow, still can't find a QB in year 5. 

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE? Benson staying completely quiet is the absolutely height of dereliction of duty, buck stops with him. I expect an in-depth interview or even a presser on how this program is going to move in the right direction and what they are going to do to fix this disaster. Show some leadership, anything... 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1