UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Fire Gattuso Express. I am your conductor Eli. Please make yourself comfortable and feel free to share your thoughts. 

I'm done with this schmuck. He needs to go ASAP. We need to find out how to get him fired. 

Benson needs to take a hard look at himself. He's to blame in big part for this mess. In fact he's delivered very little as an ad... No new arena, title 9 issues and lawsuit and now this. 

The pres needs to take a hard look of he's the man for the job. No one should be safe after that extension. 

• Like 2

Why Benson extended Gattuso’s contract is beyond me. Dude did absolutely nothing to earn it. Huge blunder and it will cost us bigly. Who is going to want to play at UA with these coaches? Nobody worth a damn, that’s for sure.

Bring back McElroy

Edited by madDOG
  • Like 2

No one is getting fired today or tomorrow or during the season. Year-end likely seeing the departure of numerous assistants as they look for a better place.  As spring turns to summer, we will have to decide whether or not to renew our tickets all together or down grade.

2 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

No one is getting fired today or tomorrow or during the season. Year-end likely seeing the departure of numerous assistants as they look for a better place.  As spring turns to summer, we will have to decide whether or not to renew our tickets all together or down grade.

I will keep renewing, unfortunately, as I have great seats and don't want to lose them.

However, I don't see the staff getting better. Due to the losing and likely locker room turmoil, any good assistant will leave to look for a more cohesive place as you said and we will be left with less than stellar replacements.

The losing has just begun folks.

It's amazing how badly Gattuso has ran this program into the ground considering where it was when he got here. Someone in the game thread said it today...Fords teams, literally ANY of them, would have smacked this iteration of W&M in the freakin mouth and ran them off the field.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I'm with Eli... Afraid to lose great seats so will probably renew but I will be withholding my donations or specifying that zero of my dollars go to football. 

I wish Benson would slash the football budget and divert it to basketball or other programs while we wait out Gattusos eventual firing. Meaning fund the football program at absolute dollar minimum, slash recruiting budgets coaches salaries etc until this Albatros contract comes of the books and he's fired. 

Cant agree with that completely. We have 5 years left. Might as well have a chance at success for the next few years. 

My comment above that I change to never mind, had to do with recruiting. They really need to find an up and coming "money ball" type analytics expert to add to the recruiting staff. Someone that can play with the scholarship numbers and better determine the split of full vs. partial scholarships to help the roster. I wont say anything bad about the players as the team has talent, but to win in FCS you have have the right roster mix. This team has no depth and the injuries completely killed the team.