UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I'm with Eli... Afraid to lose great seats so will probably renew but I will be withholding my donations or specifying that zero of my dollars go to football. 

I wish Benson would slash the football budget and divert it to basketball or other programs while we wait out Gattusos eventual firing. Meaning fund the football program at absolute dollar minimum, slash recruiting budgets coaches salaries etc until this Albatros contract comes of the books and he's fired. 

Please do not worry about great seats... I have a feeling that obtaining a great seat(s) will not be an issue ... Selling seats in the Gold Sections will be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Please do not worry about great seats... I have a feeling that obtaining a great seat(s) will not be an issue ... Selling seats in the Gold Sections will be.

Lol that's true. In a few years every seat but the 20 belonging to the die hards on this forum will be available ???. 

Yeah there is no excuse this late in the season to have such an undisciplined team. The lack of using your weapons is astounding too. 63 measley rushing yards with two great backs...there HAS to be a way to get them in better positions to run the ball. Adjust the line. Call a different type of run.

This staff is absolutely lost and more than likely has lost the players. There is probably a lot happening we don't even know about.

In the last season and a half, UA has 6 losses decided by 1 score or less. Total of 24 points in these losses. 

To me, losing all these close games means 1 of 2 things:

1. The team has an incredible coaching staff, but no talent, and although they keep the games close they just can't get over the hump

2. The coaching staff sucks and can't figure out how to utilize the talent and end up losing all the close games.

I'll let the peanut gallery decide which is the correct answer.

2 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

In the last season and a half, UA has 6 losses decided by 1 score or less. Total of 24 points in these losses. 

To me, losing all these close games means 1 of 2 things:

1. The team has an incredible coaching staff, but no talent, and although they keep the games close they just can't get over the hump

2. The coaching staff sucks and can't figure out how to utilize the talent and end up losing all the close games.

I'll let the peanut gallery decide which is the correct answer.

This is the cop-out GG loves to go to...we are right there. Clown - you just lost to one of the worst teams in the country in Richmond who was previously winles in the CAA, stop it...JUST STOP! He already went there in the Singelais article posted on Twitter. 

Edited by Clickclack

godanesgo99, 

Let me give you two examples why its 100000000 percent number 2.

There has been a lot of complaining on this board and I believe most is very warranted. Why ? Because its coaching 101 that he is messing up.  Two weeks ago he trys to ice a terrible kicker who ends up missing the kid right before halftime. However because our great coach called timeout right before he gets another chance and hits it. YOU DONT GIVE A CRAPPY KICKER TWO CHANCES AT A FIELD GOAL. And that cost us the game in terms of points on the board. 

Second thing was his clock management in the richmond game at the end of the first half. THE USE OF HIS TIME OUT WAS TERRIBLE, and therefore cost us points and completely changed the game. 

I could give more examples but what's the use. 

IMO this is why he needs to be FIRED now. The man cant coach period. 

Edited by UA1882

26 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

godanesgo99, 

Let me give you two examples why its 100000000 percent number 2.

There has been a lot of complaining on this board and I believe most is very warranted. Why ? Because its coaching 101 that he is messing up.  Two weeks ago he trys to ice a terrible kicker who ends up missing the kid right before halftime. However because our great coach called timeout right before he gets another chance and hits it. YOU DONT GIVE A CRAPPY KICKER TWO CHANCES AT A FIELD GOAL. And that cost us the game in terms of points on the board. 

Second thing was his clock management in the richmond game at the end of the first half. THE USE OF HIS TIME OUT WAS TERRIBLE, and therefore cost us points and completely changed the game. 

I could give more examples but what's the use. 

IMO this is why he needs to be FIRED now. The man cant coach period. 

He can't recruit either... There is very little talent all over the field. Both lines are terrible and get pushed around, secondary etc we all know. How about qb? 5 years in and a walk-on is starting, a kid who game to game goes through wild up and down swings between serviceable and like he's never player... BTW he's a senior. 5 years... 5 years he had a chance to recruit a qb,he simply can't do it... He just can't! Bob Ford left with NEC talent all over the place recruited with limited scholarships and the talent was 10 times better than this... He was supposed to build on it and all he's done is run it all into the ground. And Benson re-upped him. 

If he's not fired the damage dealt to this program will be immense. 

Edited by Clickclack