UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I dunno...I'm of the opinion that if Gattuso wins 2-3 games this year and next year, the school might have no choice but to cut him loose. If he is around 4-5 wins (or worse, .500) the remainder of his contract and continues to miss the playoffs, then yes I think the school just waits this out.

The school has two options:

1) Gattuso is kept around, we win 2-3 games for the next 4 years and we lose more than $1M in whatever revenue we generate

2) Gattuso is cut loose now, costs us $1M, but in the next 4 years we make $2M because the coach we brings in isn't a total moron when it comes to coaching

If we were one of those big southern FBS schools, a couple of dudes named Bubba and Earl wearing $5,000 cowboy boots would show up at the AD's office. The convo would go something like this: "Y'all fire Coach Bozo or you're trading the Beemer for a Schwinn." The next day Coach Bozo would see his sign down at the stadium parking lot. In our case, I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Yes, it can get worse....losing fans, losing attendance, losing players, recruits seeing a rolling train wreck with no hope of turnaround until they are upperclassmen. Next the fans will get blamed. GG had enough of a coaching CV to get him 5 years at making our mark in the CAA. The extension and the way it handcuffs the process was inexcusable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, UAFAN said:

Got all excited when I saw this headline, then realized it wasn't Saturday

College football coach calls a timeout to announce his retirement, then walks off the field

That's hilarious. That's like that Bills player who retired at halftime this year lol. Why can't Gattuso do this!?

39 minutes ago, jimbo said:

If we were one of those big southern FBS schools, a couple of dudes named Bubba and Earl wearing $5,000 cowboy boots would show up at the AD's office. The convo would go something like this: "Y'all fire Coach Bozo or you're trading the Beemer for a Schwinn." The next day Coach Bozo would see his sign down at the stadium parking lot. In our case, I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Yes, it can get worse....losing fans, losing attendance, losing players, recruits seeing a rolling train wreck with no hope of turnaround until they are upperclassmen. Next the fans will get blamed. GG had enough of a coaching CV to get him 5 years at making our mark in the CAA. The extension and the way it handcuffs the process was inexcusable. 

Right, you can't fault GG for accepting the extension but Benson needs to be ripped far and wide for such an amateur move. 

I see that today SBU extended the contract of Chuck Priore an extra two years thru 2022.  At least he is building a contender in the CAA.  Oh, and by the way, he is a Great Dane.  Loved watching him in early 80's on Unversity Field rushing downfield.  Reminded me of Rob Carpenter of NY Giants at the same time for you old timers.

25 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

I see that today SBU extended the contract of Chuck Priore an extra two years thru 2022.  At least he is building a contender in the CAA.  Oh, and by the way, he is a Great Dane.  Loved watching him in early 80's on Unversity Field rushing downfield.  Reminded me of Rob Carpenter of NY Giants at the same time for you old timers.

Good for him...smart AD waited until there were results...our guy just handing out bags of cash to losers. 

Will Brown was just quoted as saying that "-listen, excuses are for losers. In my opinion." Of course he was referring to he and his MBB squad. What a downward trajectory the football team has been on. From 7-4 in 2016, with some blips, but still competitive and an appearance of being on the cusp of figuring it out in the CAA...and a 4-4 conference record. Then on to 2017 when they seemed oh so close...beating one playoff team, taking another to OT and losing to a third by 6-0. But competitive thanks to a great defensive effort. And now this year...uncompetitive except against the dregs of the league for 2018...unable to close out games...getting blown out by the top teams. It is trending down, down, down. I'd like to be positive, but I just don't see it. Last year UA was unable to move the ball against the Hens and only put up about 120 total yards. The Hens are better in 2018 and we are worse. I would dearly love to see the QB pups come out and light up Casey. Honestly, I would. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Will Brown was just quoted as saying that "-listen, excuses are for losers. In my opinion." Of course he was referring to he and his MBB squad. What a downward trajectory the football team has been on. From 7-4 in 2016, with some blips, but still competitive and an appearance of being on the cusp of figuring it out in the CAA...and a 4-4 conference record. Then on to 2017 when they seemed oh so close...beating one playoff team, taking another to OT and losing to a third by 6-0. But competitive thanks to a great defensive effort. And now this year...uncompetitive except against the dregs of the league for 2018...unable to close out games...getting blown out by the top teams. It is trending down, down, down. I'd like to be positive, but I just don't see it. Last year UA was unable to move the ball against the Hens and only put up about 120 total yards. The Hens are better in 2018 and we are worse. I would dearly love to see the QB pups come out and light up Casey. Honestly, I would. 

But recruiting isn't a problem? As ford's kids age out Gattuso roster takes hold we see a tram that stinks at almost every level... All you need to look at is his qb recruiting in year 5...goijg into year 6 he still hasn't recruited a qb worth a damn. This exact same thing is happening all over the roster. 

Gattuso being a $ienaty coach is only surpassed by Gattuso the $iena recruiter. 

Don't worry folks... In year 6 he will definitely figure it out... Lmao. 

6 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Just heard him say on the weekly show that they are making progress but the other teams are progressing too. 

Lol... What an idiot... Haha... Apparently everyone has progress dial turned up to like a 10 while his tram has it sitting on 1...because he's looking worse every week. This guy is so lost. 

Edited by Clickclack