UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

11 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I too will not renew my football season tickets.  I definately want to support our student athletes however I'm not wasting my hard earned money on an absolutely disaster of a program. 

When Benson makes it right , (whatever that is) , I will be back. 

Same... I will not be back and have told Benson as much. When he takes steps to address this disaster my season ticket purchase and donations will come back. 

I still have my seats...someone convince me to give them up for the betterment of this program. I LOVE my seats. I'm worried if I give them up I won't get them back (granted the team sucks so I doubt anyone is buying season tickets but with my luck some person will get hook lined and sinkered lol).

I wish there was a way to put them on hold so they can't be bought for a whole season but can only be sold on a game by game basis.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

I still have my seats...someone convince me to give them up for the betterment of this program. I LOVE my seats. I'm worried if I give them up I won't get them back (granted the team sucks so I doubt anyone is buying season tickets but with my luck some person will get hook lined and sinkered lol).

I wish there was a way to put them on hold so they can't be bought for a whole season but can only be sold on a game by game basis.

If you look at the available seats for the Stony Brook game it looks like at least 3/4 of 204 and 205 are available. So that tells me that there are very few season ticket holders up there. After this dog of a season I would not expect that to change in a positive way. So other than your seats being among friendly and nice people, you can probably get new ones with a comparable view quite easily. I've not made up my mind yet, but am leaning towards dumping the tix and GDAC. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eli said:

I understand your position, yes things will get better.  I am taking a different approach ...  suspect I will be back in Gold Seats in the Fall 2021

From the article...Why exactly is he being retained if there is no buyout? FIRE BENSON!

Back in February, Benson gave Gattuso a contract extension through the 2022 season. Gattuso makes a base salary of $271,000 annually, though vague language in the contract doesn't require that Gattuso be paid the entire remainder of his contract if he's fired.

Are you kidding me? We aren't on the hook for this contract (good Benson!) and yet we still won't fire him (bad Benson!)?

WHAT. THE. FREAK.

Benson, are you a full time imbecile or just part-time? CUT YOUR LOSES ASAP! Like, at 6PM on Saturday as the team walks off the field after yet another loss!

I am PRAYING for a 60-7 defeat the hands of SBU to hopefully kick some sense into Benson's head.

#yesimangry

Edited by Eli

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

From the article...Why exactly is he being retained if there is no buyout? FIRE BENSON!

Back in February, Benson gave Gattuso a contract extension through the 2022 season. Gattuso makes a base salary of $271,000 annually, though vague language in the contract doesn't require that Gattuso be paid the entire remainder of his contract if he's fired.

How are you reading no buyout in that. It implies partial buyout if fired. 

15 minutes ago, bob87 said:

How are you reading no buyout in that. It implies partial buyout if fired. 

You could read it either way... I read it as langue on buyout is vague so nothing written in stone. In absence of it being contractually obligated UA should persue extricating themselves from this failed marriage. Alas, it doesn't appear to be in the cards and that's a shame. 

They will east at least one more year and come to the same conclusion. Gattuso is a horrible coach and should have been fired long ago. But let's go through the sharade, lie to the fans and keep moving goal posts. First it was a 5 year plan... We are now on a 6 to 7 year plan. 

Disgusting

Edited by Clickclack