UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNC just fired their coach, Larry Fedora after 7 seasons.  They will be on the hook for $12 million, paying him $3 million a year over next 4 years.  I understand UNC has deeper pockets than UA but when the AD and alumni are fed up with back to back 9 loss seasons, they pull the plug.  If it were only that easy at UA.

On 11/17/2018 at 5:45 PM, HOF2013 said:

Davis is blowing it in the 3rd and 4th Q.  The team is playing very well today but on third down passing they are blitzing and he continues to run the ball on 1st and 2nd and throw on 3rd.  THROW THE BALL ON FIRST AND 2ND DOWN!!!!

UNC endowment 1.1 Billion

UAlbany endowment 65.3 million

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Where will the next year take us? Hopefully to Bumtusso relocating from Albany. Maybe he can get a discount from UHauls top salesman Andy 'NYers move cause of the weather' Cuomo. 

He's gonna STICK it to you, win 2 games in the CAA next year and Benson will be like see...we're well on our way...just need more time. 

• Haha 3

James Madison coach Mike Houston just took the East Carolina job.  ECU is in the American Athletic conference with teams like S Florida, UConn, SMU, and some team that never loses, UCF, lol.  Decent promotion for him.  Any way we can submit to JMU  a doctored resume for Gattuso and hope they don't check his backgound??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

my thought:  organize a movement not to support Greg. Take it to the press, take it to the season ticket holders, take it the UAlbany community in general .... I just feel not enough people care.

Or let him continue for one more year his loser career until fired this time next season... I don't think there is anything we can do. 

13 hours ago, cwdickens said:

my thought:  organize a movement not to support Greg. Take it to the press, take it to the season ticket holders, take it the UAlbany community in general .... I just feel not enough people care.

If that's a route someone wants to take, folks would be better served doing that for Benson. Isn't his contract coming up?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kikuria said:

If that's a route someone wants to take, folks would be better served doing that for Benson. Isn't his contract coming up?

Agreed, buck stops with Benson and he's been derelict in his duties with that reckless extension and he should be held accountable for it. Is there any question had Benson not done what he did that Albany would be free of Greg Gattuso?

As an administrator, Mark Benson gets a solid D- from me...there have been so many issues over his tenure; everything from poor implementation of stadium policies (numerous), Title IX issues, lawsuit as a result, Gattuso, very little direction from a facilities standpoint or at least nothing communicated etc. The only thing I give him credit for is GDAC which is on the right track. 

Otherwise he's got a batting average similar to Gattuso...is this athletic department better off under his leadership then McElroy? I honestly don't know...convince me it is. His fate should be closely aligned to that of Gattuso. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Or let him continue for one more year his loser career until fired this time next season... I don't think there is anything we can do. 

I agree there is not much we can do but what happens if he gets lucky and wins some games next year. The AD and Gattuso will talk about the progress and he will be back for another year after that!