UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #6: 10/13/18 - 7pm - vs Richmond

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

I can’t recall being less fired up about going to a football game. 

I am always fired up.  Win or lose, depleted secondary, QB not playing well, whatever.  Still always hopeful and fired up! 

On 10/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, Eli said:

You didn't hear?

Gattuso is going to have the D play offense and have the O play defense.

Or maybe he's warming up to play QB since we don't have any other QBs? By throwing to D-Linemen, he can blame it on them if the ball doesn't get caught...to keep with his MO of using buses on people.

lol...HOF wanted creative so...there...

I was talking about YOU making suggestions, not some stupid drill used during a practice. 

On 10/11/2018 at 4:20 PM, reeder said:

I’m terms of recruiting, you look at the defensive line and wonder who the tackles will be next year.  White and Dillon both graduate,   Mazon Walker is a bit undersized to get the majority of snaps, Ibn Foster has been injured or just not getting reps...  not sure who else there is.  Also, Dolce graduates but maybe Halasy can step in but who knows...

Agree.  AND that is a deficiency this year.  Just not doing the job.  Walker is way undersized and gets pushed around.

26 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I am always fired up.  Win or lose, depleted secondary, QB not playing well, whatever.  Still always hopeful and fired up! 

Oh I’ll go and am hopeful. On an analytical bent, they have TALL receivers. Expect a lot of jump balls and end zone fades. If we can’t bring the heat on Mancuso it could be a long night.  Ground and pound, get EB and Mofor out into space and use a short passing game when needed. Take an OCCASIONAL shot downfield. Blitz the heck out of them. What’s the appropriate size flask for the game? I can recall University Field in the early 70s passing a bottle of peach brandy around...fairly open about it too. Not anymore. At one of the MLax games last year I saw the rent-a-cops roust a couple of guys who smuggled in beer. 

I just heard GG on the My4 show saying that it was a poor kick that led to the FG at the end of the first half....didn't mention the TO that gave their guy a 2nd crack. So it wasn't a pooch kick or is he revving up the bus?

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Oh I’ll go and am hopeful. On an analytical bent, they have TALL receivers. Expect a lot of jump balls and end zone fades. If we can’t bring the heat on Mancuso it could be a long night.  Ground and pound, get EB and Mofor out into space and use a short passing game when needed. Take an OCCASIONAL shot downfield. Blitz the heck out of them. What’s the appropriate size flask for the game? I can recall University Field in the early 70s passing a bottle of peach brandy around...fairly open about it too. Not anymore. At one of the MLax games last year I saw the rent-a-cops roust a couple of guys who smuggled in beer. 

AGREE, short passes and maybe occasionally down field.  Got to stop ALL of the fade and deep passes.  Get it short to Dev H and let him run OR to the TE.

Edited by HOF2013

12 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Tough matchup against Richmond - T-U

Sussman back to punting as Stark broke a finger last week. Carswell was injured last week, so CBs will be Gibson and either Banks or Mount. Specht is expected back next week.

Posted that somewhere.  I think he may be better anyway.  They got a couple of Freshman who can really kick according to their films, mostly redshirted.  Must be opening it up next year for a competition.

Elon's QB went down with a left knee injury with 6 to go in the 1st.   Looked bad but he is limping around on the sideline now.

Edited by HOF2013

11 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Every snap the corners line up 12 yards off the line of scrimmage... 

Another indictment of the recruiting. We have no guys who can play bump n run. Get killed on the short game as a result.