UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #6: 10/13/18 - 7pm - vs Richmond

19 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

10 penalties for 122 yards... Man this is wild. You can lack talent, size, speed depth but to be dumb to boot... That's quite an accomplishment. 6 game of the season and they are making more and more mistakes. 

Just forfeit thr rest of the year. What a disgraceful shame. 

15 minutes ago, haggyland said:

This game is going to come down to who wants it less.

Exact reason why I went home. Two winless teams trying to see who can remain winless the longest. It was just unwatchable. I am a bit under the weather so that didn't help matters but if the game was any good, I would have stuck it out.

I'm done. My wife was complaining about the cold tonight and I told her not to worry, we won't be back. I'll be watching the remaining games on TV or just simply not bothering. I am all in on basketball starting.

Edited by Eli

Imagine Benson wasn't a fool and didn't extend Gattuso. We'd only have a few more weeks of this mess. Instead we have 4 more years of precisely this... This right here, this abomination. I'll think long and hard if I'm gonna renew next year. This was the easiest game left on the schedule. 

The only remaining thing I have left as a fan is to not renew. May donate the manoney to the basketball program. Very upsetting... Sick to my stomach. There is almost zero chance they will win a single game in the caa. A season in which Gattuso crowed about depth, talent this finally being a caa roster. And he completely $iena himself. Winless in the caa.... Boooo

#firegattuso 

Edited by Clickclack

Another week of an opposing offense putting up 400+ on us. Their offense is 8-15 on 3rd with a minute and a half left...we are 3-12. 19 penalties for 252 yards so far...both teams are at the absolute bottom of the CAA.

Just now, Clickclack said:

Imagine Benson wasn't a fool and didn't extend Gattuso. We'd only have a few more weeks of this mess. Instead we have 4 more years of precisely this... This right here, this abomination. 

*Sigh*

I went down to the north berm with about 8 min to go. I was right behind the D on the losing drive. The team has no spirit, no leaders, no fire. No shouting, no encouraging, nothing. You could tell they were beaten before UR even got into FG range. It was inevitable and they knew it. How did DUDzinski ever get to Coach at a Big 10 team? Virtually no pressure on QB...virtually no blitzing. The talent and execution on their two lines is light years ahead of ours. Our OLine cannot pass block to save their life. I’m with Eli cuz I am not sure I can stand to go to another game this year. 

13 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I went down to the north berm with about 8 min to go. I was right behind the D on the losing drive. The team has no spirit, no leaders, no fire. No shouting, no encouraging, nothing. You could tell they were beaten before UR even got into FG range. It was inevitable and they knew it. How did DUDzinski ever get to Coach at a Big 10 team? Virtually no pressure on QB...virtually no blitzing. The talent and execution on their two lines is light years ahead of ours. Our OLine cannot pass block to save their life. I’m with Eli cuz I am not sure I can stand to go to another game this year. 

Who's going to blitz, the talent it garbage...this whole mess starts on recruiting trail compounded by poor coaching. It's no wonder when Bob Fords kids aged off the team the play nosedived. This is top to bottom the least amount of talent on both lines, and all over the defense I've ever seen in my years of following this program. They were winning somewhat in spite of him and as the talent has dropped they can't overcome the bad coaching. Gattuso is so stupid, he couldn't help himself and hype this roster as having depth, finally CAA team, talent etc. This is the very definition of $ienating ones self...

Benson has roughly a month to figure out who he can afford to fire. With any luck everyone but Joe Davis is fired in a few more weeks but that will required coming up with massive amounts of buyout money. If Benson can't get out of the mess he's created, he needs to resign!!!

This will not WILL NOT get any better. 5 years and it's all downhill. There is no recruiting that's going to make this better with him at the helm, there is no magic bullet, there is no player that's going to come in and fix this. This is a total rebuild. Fire him, find some way. 

Edited by Clickclack

We kept hearing how our lines were undersized with Ford's kids and now what? We're still undersized. There is simply no excuse! I saw in the recruiting thread that we are going after some kid who is 6'8". Do we think a guy like that will help or will the excuse be something else then? At some point we need athletes, not size. 

I think a new staff is our biggest need though and it's not just Gattuso. The guys calling the plays are terrible. Gattuso doesn't even have a headset from what I've seen...how is that possible? How does the HC not have a headset and yay or nay everything being run?

Mind boggling. 

It’s a bad football team and I have never heard Gattuso once take blame.  Not once.  I remember when he was hired and I spoke with a few former players about the the hiring.  All were not sure he was the right man for the job. 

They were right.  He’s a fraud.  We destroyed them when he was at Duquesne.  He’s now destroying us.  

I’ve heard from multiple players families that he has lost the team. 

12 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Now let's assume that players talk to players...who is going to come play for this guy? That's why I said a few days or weeks ago that the problems are just starting. This will get worse as our recruiting gets even worse due to said word of mouth. 

We are going to be bottom of the barrel for a while folks until we hire someone who is respected and can rebuild properly. 

Poor Ford. Left the program on the cusp of something spectacular only for someone else to smash it to pieces. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dane96 said:

It’s a bad football team and I have never heard Gattuso once take blame.  Not once.  I remember when he was hired and I spoke with a few former players about the the hiring.  All were not sure he was the right man for the job. 

They were right.  He’s a fraud.  We destroyed them when he was at Duquesne.  He’s now destroying us.  

I wanted to hit a "Like" on this post; because I believe everything you said to be accurate and TRUE. But I did not want my "Like" to be construed as, I liked that all of this has come to pass.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1