UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #7: 10/20/18 - 3:30pm - vs Towson

Benson is getting an angry email. I'm fed up with this $iena we call UA football. I'm contemplating cc'ing Gattuso on the email. May include the president and other AD leadership as well.

Edited by Eli

56 points. Wow. 

If Benson is really pushing the 'just wait' mantra to the media and saying we just need one big year, the guy is a bigger tool than I thought. 

We will not have another winning season under Gattuso. No great recruits will come here. Book it. 

Edited by Eli

This will be the most eyeballs we had on the team in a single day (casual fans) and this is the egg we lay? You think those passerbys will bother the rest of the year or next year? 

Ugh. Sickening what this guy has done to our program. 

Edited by Eli

25 minutes ago, UAFAN said:

Make the Great Danes Great Again! Impeach Gattuso!

Gattuso has to GGO.

I will seriously consider not renewing my four gold seat season tickets. Will also be changing my GDAC $ to go to men’s lax

I'm in the same boat but considering locking (restricting) my donations down for men's basketball only. 

This is an absolute disgrace. They are going to go winless in the caa against arguably the weakest caa slate we've ever had with a team this coach called the most talented he's ever had. 

If this isn't rock bottom I don't know where rock bottom is. If he's back I'm heavily leaning not renewing. 

#sick... 

Thanks to UNH there is still some doubt as to which CAA team sucks the most this year. Wyland thought Gattuso was Ford and McDonald was McNabb. If we had Ford and McNabb it would have helped. What an embarrassing loss on homecoming. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Thanks to UNH there is still some doubt as to which CAA team sucks the most this year. Wyland thought Gattuso was Ford and McDonald was McNabb. If we had Ford and McNabb it would have helped. What an embarrassing loss on homecoming. 

???. I don't listen to Wyland much but I came to the realization that he's not very good at his job. He was doing some commercial speech not realizing the game never went too commercial ??. 

• Thanks 1

I have not read anybody's comments but here are mine. I did not expect a win tonight BUT did not expect the continued bad play.   I do agree with Coach Gatusso on one thing.  They need to coach better!!  Tonight my brother was with me, Also played through college and ALSO coached for years.  He has basically the same comments.  VT Has to go.  He was only really sacked once or twice but was hurried a few times.  He is afraid,  compared to Flacko who obviously is not.  VT looks scared when he is passing, even when he ran the ball he was running scared, put your head down kid and go for it, he does not. Being scared results in bad passes. Even when a guy is wide open he typically does not throw the ball well. The few good or even great passes and completions do NOT make up for the constant terrible QB play.  Our Offense should score 40+ points per game even with the shaky O line play.  

The O line pisses me off BUT they do okay, good enough for a good QB to step up and throw the ball, Even Brunson did that some [against the subs though].  I still think it is time to bring Burns along and put him in there.  Give him some time.  Can't do any worse!!!!!  

Davis is okay at OC but makes some hairbrained calls too.  He was pissed at VT on a couple of plays and actually yelled at him.  VT should have been removed at 1/2 time.  At this point it makes no difference if Brunson is in there - anyone rather than VT.  BUT I still think Burns should play.  He was heavily recruited by these guys and I think may have been promised to have the starting job.  Brunson is a junior so started most games last year as a sophomore!!!  

D line as not coached very well or guys just are not big enough and keep getting pushed around! losing Bernard Clark has really hurt us on D.  We need a real  DC!!  Secondary coverages are a joke , yes Eli I agree - Can't keep doing the same thing when it is not working. NOT the kids fault, they are doing what they are coached to do.  The coaches DID move the D Backs closer to the line and that did influence passes except when the wideouts kept blocking our our D Hb on the edges and the LB's couldn't get there to cover - never will happen no matter who is the LB.  By the time the Safety gets there it's a 5- 10 yard gain, at least..  The ONLY way to stop the square outs and flare passes are to go to a man coverage on the corners and get out of the deep blue or zone coverage with the safeties, bring the safeties up into man coverage too [they did do this a few times - but not enough] OR maybe even rotate the safeties to the strong side and post to help - that is where teams are mostly throwing, the square outs or flares/swing passes.  LB' simply can NOT get there to cover it. Kids need to be better coached on being blocked by the WR's and getting rid of that block!!!    Tackling is not good!  Too many arms and arm tackling.  Does not work against ANY backs in this league - look at Hanks or Mofor when they are arm tackled - they simply run through the tackle!   That is mental and coaching.   DE's kept contain mostly but can't be expected to stop the square outs or flares to the sideline.  When they string the play out the Safeties and LB's need to be there to make the play  and they were there most times but missed the tackles.  I did not see them crash inside more than maybe once.  Dolce had one and the coached screamed at him for it.  He played much better tonight.

Could say more but this is it!  Done talking about it!

By the way I thought I had seen terrible calls this season BUT tonight I saw TWO terrible interference calls against Albany that directly lead to scores by Towson in the first half.  It is NOT interference when a ball is out of bound and NOT CATCHABLE!!!  The exact same play going the other way later in the game was NOT called!  Refs have to be consistent, my only gripe with them!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1