UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #8: 10/27/18 - 1pm - @ Maine

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, godanesgo99 said:

57 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I understand that injuries to safety position is a big issue but the corners are some of the worst I've ever seen. They are small, can't match up at all in the man to man, don't track the ball or even try to knock it down, mistime jumps for the ball, get beat deep with speed repeatedly. They are incredibly succeptible due to play call and inability to play man-man to the quick hooks, slant throws as they routinely line up 9 or 10 years off the line. DL is extremely bad as well, can't generate any push at all and are manhandles by everyone on this weak schedule. LB's which were a concern of mine a few weeks ago in my view have started to play better but still average. The entire defensive side of the ball is an unmitigated disaster in totality. I think the majority of the roster on that side of the ball probably doesn't measure up favorably as anything even close to a CAA team and would struggle in most lower 1-AA leagues. It's really bad...the entire lot needs to be recruited over and then we are again stuck with a young team or if we go heavy JUCO a team that will need time to jell. This will take a few recruiting cycles (at least 2) to fix.

I predict you'll see significant defection of kids before next season as I've been told that GG has lost the team. 

Boy, I hope that is not true.  If they can keep EB Hanks, Dev Holmes and McDonald we could be OK. That is a very good starting point on offense. They will add new players to the OL and hopefully the OK State QB transfer is the real deal. Click, I Agree 100% on D. Eliminate virtually everyone and bring along 2nd teamers, Red Shirts, JUCO's (wont take that long to jell) and transfers. That's how Chuck got it going at SBU and Fleming at Rhody. I would literally revoke any scholarship or outright cut the players in the secondary.

Edited by MRuler 79

10 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Boy, I hope that is not true.  If they can keep EB Hanks, Dev Holmes and McDonald we could be OK. That is a very good starting point on offense. They will add new players to the OL and hopefully the OK State QB transfer is the real deal. Click, I Agree 100% on D. Eliminate virtually everyone and bring along 2nd team and Red Shirted players, JUCO's (wont take that long to jell) and transfers. That's how Chuck got it going at SBU and Fleming at Rhody. I would literally revoke any scholarship or outright cut the players in the secondary.

I'm not sure how I feel about revoking scholarships. Gattuso and by extension UAlbany made a commitment to these kids, yes kids who are hopefully there to get an education and then have a successful career/life after school and put food on the table for themselves and their family should they choose to have one. So no, I'm not OK with throwing them off the team just because Gattuso is a $ienaty at evaluating talent. And make no mistake about it, he and his staff are complete fools that are clueless on the trail. They are OK recruiting skill positions like WR and RB because those are easier to scout, as for the rest of the roster, O and D line, secondary, LB's they have CLEARLY, VERY CLEARLY demonstrated that they have ZERO clue. But it doesn't mean they shouldn't try and recruit over 80% of this $ienaty roster. And if the kids from the last 2 or 3 cycles find themselves at the bottom of the depth chart, so be it. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is NOT a CAA roster; starting with the QB and with the exception of WR and RB right down the line at every position. They stink! Gattuso's coaching life depends on the next 3-6 months, he better recruit his ass off including JUCO's etc. When Fords kids were here, they masked how horrible a recruiter and coach Gattuso and this staff are, especially with the departure of the DC Clark, now they are exposed, emperor has no clothes. Clark left, Fords kids aged out...this is what you have for the next 4 years. Bottom 5% of all D1 football, program is in shambles and even worse? A proven loser as coach who's going to leech a cool mill while they spin their wheels for a half a decade trying to "rebuild".

Again, why is Benson not fired for that extension? 

Edited by Clickclack

IMHO we should be going more run-heavy with short passes to supplement and the occasional down field shot. Hanks and Mofor are averaging close to 6 yards a pop combined, which is a heck of a good stat in my book. Somebody must be blocking. Too many long passes and too many plays that take too long to develop and the O Line is getting manhandled. We are getting clobbered on time of possession. Sustain drives, burn time, give the D a rest. They are a weak link right now...keep them off the field as much as possible. Why do we do so much running inside the tackles? Get those two to the outside quicker. Ah....what's the difference....if we only had a consistent QB......and a better line....and better coaches. Go UA! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jimbo said:

IMHO we should be going more run-heavy with short passes to supplement and the occasional down field shot. Hanks and Mofor are averaging close to 6 yards a pop combined, which is a heck of a good stat in my book. Somebody must be blocking. Too many long passes and too many plays that take too long to develop and the O Line is getting manhandled. We are getting clobbered on time of possession. Sustain drives, burn time, give the D a rest. They are a weak link right now...keep them off the field as much as possible. Why do we do so much running inside the tackles? Get those two to the outside quicker. Ah....what's the difference....if we only had a consistent QB......and a better line....and better coaches. Go UA! 

All. Of. Dis. Yo.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:16 AM, MRuler 79 said:

I would grade them at 50%. EBH (Only a Jr. be back next season if he doesn't transfer) and Mofor have had some good games running the ball but VT has been sacked more than he should. The OL will be better next year. I am sure there will be players on the OL in the mix next year that are not in the mix this year. JUCO and 1A transfer city. I agree we should play everyone over the next 4 weeks. Get the OK State transfer QB some reps for certain.

Our Secondary is why we are in the shape we are. With a serviceable secondary we probably get to 6 wins with this schedule. Our O is scoring enough to win. We would struggle stopping a top tier HS team from throwing on us.

Still averaging well over 300 yds per game over 20 pts per, a good QB and we would be over 40 pts.  D Line and DBacks are a big problem.  

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

So up in Orono we're looking at 40 degrees, with rain a good bit of the game. Maine has the #1 ranked run defense in all of FCS. This should be.....fun? Go Danes!

Get ready for Morfor and EIH to get stuffed a few times and UA to completely abandon the run and for VT to throw the ball 43 times.

23 minutes ago, alexfamous said:

http://www.sports24.fun/live/fs.php?id=fcs

I found this streaming link for those who need it. 

All i get is videos  NOT a football game - hockey game.

Live stream is having issues too!!  Can not link up!!!!!

Edited by HOF2013

19 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

All i get is videos  NOT a football game - hockey game.

Live stream is having issues too!!  Can not link up!!!!!

https://nflstream.io/albany-vs-maine-live/stream-1

haha theres always another.....i checked this one its correct

Edited by alexfamous

3 minutes ago, alexfamous said:

https://nflstream.io/albany-vs-maine-live/stream-1

haha theres always another.....i checked this one its correct

Thanks!  Now can see.  The Maine Live Feed is not working - crazy

Edited by HOF2013