UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 1: MBB @ Iona 11/09: 8:00pm

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

The ESPN app seems to work much better on my iPad and iMac than via a Roku connected to our dumb Samsung TV. I get more buffering on the TV. 

Noticed ESPN had a bunch of issues this weekend with different events on my Roku's. Was watching different feeds in multiple rooms throughout the weekend and almost every one had a quality issue at some point.

Final score was better than I was expecting. Like others..was also thinking this might be a 10-15pt margin game. If you had told me we'd have 20+ turnovers and still have it come down to the wire..I'd be pretty happy. That said..a loss is loss..and it was kinda tough to see a lead slip away like that. I'm sure this won't be the last with our young team!

Positives: outside shooting; Healy looked much more mature than a frosh; Clark certainly looks to be our player-maker..can be frustrating sometimes to see someone overly aggressive like he is..but there always needs to be someone on the team who always wants the ball and wants to score..so his offense will be helpful early on; Campbell..he won't ever be a great shooter..but he has a nose for the ball..and even when he's not knocking down shots..he's grabbing rebounds for put backs and gets to the line a lot where he's a good FT shooter..you don't get 17 & 10 by accident.. thought he looked good at the 4 against Iona's speed; Miller..I don't think he's going to put up big numbers..but will be an important piece as an experienced guard on a young team; FT shooting; rebounding..and this actually could've been much better..I thought we crashed the offensive glass well..but there were at least half a dozen times we nearly came down with it but had it tipped away and couldn't come away with it

Negatives: Hank, French, Lauderdale..inside play was pretty rough..combined 35min, 2pts, 5rbs, 1ast, 7TOs..granted Iona's athleticism wasn't a great match-up for them in what was their first DI games..but that was about as bad as it could get..I did like the FT line jumpers from French when trying to beat the zone..he hit is last attempt and could be a valuable shot when we're struggling against those defenses; I left Lulka out of that group because there was more production at 8pts, 6rbs, 2ast..but he also needs to protect the ball and stay out of foul trouble..definitely saw the potential with him though and I think he'll end up having a pretty good season; Brooks..tough first game all around..I actually liked some of his passes but they were just not clicking with the recipients..I think those feeds will look a lot better as the team gels

Also noticed an attendance of 1800+ in the box score. Season opener for a three time defending conference champ. Kind of puts our attendance gripes in perspective. 

Looking forward to Wednesday. Another quality opponent. Just keep improving.

Will on Wyland today. Said half court defense was solid but we couldn’t play enough of it due to turnovers. Have to get the ball inside more, by penetrating not by passing. Lulka won’t shoot as much as Will wants, reminds him of early Sam Rowley. Still a week for Rizzuto. BU a completely different team from Iona

Re Iona attendance, they were about 70% capacity. If we weren’t cross-county from the padded numbers downtown, we wouldn’t be out of line with anyone in AE, Ivy, MAAC, Patriot, or NEC

Edited by UAalum72

55 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Will on Wyland today. Said half court defense was solid but we couldn’t play enough of it due to turnovers. Have to get the ball inside more, by penetrating not by passing. Lulka won’t shoot as much as Will wants, reminds him of early Sam Rowley. Still a week for Rizzuto. BU a completely different team from Iona

Re Iona attendance, they were about 70% capacity. If we weren’t cross-county from the padded numbers downtown, we wouldn’t be out of line with anyone in AE, Ivy, MAAC, Patriot, or NEC

Can you rephrase the last paragraph? Not sure I'm picking up what you are putting down.

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Can you rephrase the last paragraph? Not sure I'm picking up what you are putting down.

I think he means if there wasn't another team across town, we'd be up there in attendance numbers and would match up against anyone in any of those conferences.

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Haha I was trying to decipher it too. I think it’s that our attendendence is just as good as anyone in those leagues and Siena is ahead of us because their numbers are padded???

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

Haha I was trying to decipher it too. I think it’s that our attendendence is just as good as anyone in those leagues and Siena is ahead of us because their numbers are padded???

Or that lol.

• 5 months later...