UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #9: 11/3/18 - 3:30pm - vs Delaware

Not trying to start anything. I was at the game and he did appear to be offsides. But I was not right over the ball. I was slightly to the right. Never the less, we lost again. It was a big play but it was only one play. 0-6 in the CAA and nothing anyone can say will change that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

That was absolutely offsides. I even said it to myself when the ball was hiked. 1000%. Saying otherwise is being a true Homer IMO. 

Edit: I guess I'm a tool too. 

There were numerous illegal; procedures against us - rightly called.  A key hold on Mofars long run too - did not see that one and it was not replayed.  But that 3 and 10 no way.  Like I said We were right on that LOS not even close to Defensive off sides.

3 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Not trying to start anything. I was at the game and he did appear to be offsides. But I was not right over the ball. I was slightly to the right. Never the less, we lost again. It was a big play but it was only one play. 0-6 in the CAA and nothing anyone can say will change that. 

You are correct, it was only one play BUT a crucial one at the end of the game when we had the LEAD and we stopped them on 3rd and 10.  Changes the entire game.  My daughter's boy friend, who loves college FB, who has never been to a UA game, they live in Brooklyn; was up for his first game and that is the first thing he looked at me and said - what a bad call, changes the entire game so late in the 4th 1/4.

Edited by HOF2013

11 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Ha! From singlais on Twitter:

.@CoachGGattuso very critical of the officiating after today’s loss to Delaware.

Saw it on the stream with the replay and he looked offsides. Even wyland thought so. 

I agree... On TV looked like he got there a hair quick. They replayed it twice. But it's a nice new excuse... It's the officials.

New angle... 

6 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I agree... On TV looked like he got there a hair quick. They replayed it twice. But it's a nice new excuse... It's the officials.

New angle... 

Whatever.   Live AND on the stadium replay it was clear FROM the LOS.  If they showed a different angle you must not have been able to tell.  We are leading the league in penalties for sure BUT not that one, terrible call at a critical moment!    If you can not admit that they played a great game tonight against the #1 team in the league then you are looking for any negative thing you can find.  I chose to look for positive.   They played a great game!   Goodnight!

Edited by HOF2013

18 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Whatever.   Live AND on the stadium replay it was clear FROM the LOS.  If they showed a different angle you must not have been able to tell.  We are leading the league in penalties for sure BUT not that one, terrible call at a critical moment!    If you can not admit that they played a great game tonight against the #1 team in the league then you are looking for any negative thing you can find.  I chose to look for positive.   They played a great game!   Goodnight!

I give them a solid A- if I'm being honest but they still lost. I'm not gonna sit here and claim a moral victory... That's for losers. But I suspect Gattuso is gonna feel like this gives him some reprieve... It doesn't. 

He's not the right fit for the job.. Look at that record. All of last year we hear about how the close loses showed that we were close... And he comes out of the gate this season at 0-6...in many games not even competitive regardless of what that clown Voelker had to say about it. Program is not moving in the right direction and even if he goes and wins all remaining games thus season he should still be fired even though I know the money owed means he won't be. 

He's a dead man walking... But unfortunately will have more opportunities than he deserves. He's a loser, that much is indisputable, the guy is a $iena coach and recruiter. 

Edited by Clickclack

38 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

The stadium replay was from the TV feed that the rest of us were watching. Live. ????

Stop giving your BFF an out and blaming the refs like he is. We should have never been in the position for that one play to even matter but we were...because we had like 30 penalties before that including THREE false starts against a senior offensive linesman. You want one play that would have made a bigger difference? LJ dropping that sure TD pass because he was slipping or something. Or how our DC forgot what a blitz was at the end of the game. You wanna talk about things that cost us the game? Start there. 

So your daughters boyfriend passed the HOF litmus test of football knowledge and thus we should agree with you simply because he did? Okay. ?

It was offsides. 

"GOODNIGHT" 

Edited by Eli

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I'd like to see a replay on that play just to be sure. I thought I was sure... Maybe someone can find it. 

It doesn't matter IMO and is irrelevant. We had a whole game worth of mistakes before that which we should be trying to fix (starting with making sure our players know the snap count). 

Edited by Eli

Today was the first time this season where they looked like a caa team... That was the first glimmer of hope all year. We can all pout and stomp our feet but he's not getting fired. 

He deserves to be fired in season but we know he won't be...so take solace in the fact that today Gattuso emberassed ualbany less then he normally does. 

• Haha 1

We complain about our announcers, but I wonder what’s out in the rest of the FCS universe when a UD poster saysThe Albany production was very clear and without problems. The announcers, although lost at times were light years better than the clowns that did the NH game.

Of course the next guy said  I thought these announcers were actually worse than NH game especially the play by play guy..He may have been the worst I have ever listened to...lol...It would help if he knew the game....Certainly the most homer I had to listen too...In any event they were both bad NH game and this one...

2 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

We complain about our announcers, but I wonder what’s out in the rest of the FCS universe when a UD poster saysThe Albany production was very clear and without problems. The announcers, although lost at times were light years better than the clowns that did the NH game.

Of course the next guy said  I thought these announcers were actually worse than NH game especially the play by play guy..He may have been the worst I have ever listened to...lol...It would help if he knew the game....Certainly the most homer I had to listen too...In any event they were both bad NH game and this one...

#greatnessliveshere