UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #9: 11/3/18 - 3:30pm - vs Delaware

Last Up: L (28-9) Maine
Next Up: vs Delaware (5-2, 3-1 CAA...currently down 15-6 to Towson at the half)
TV/Streaming: UAlbanySports.com
Local Radio: N/A

Like I said, we faced another upper half CAA team and promptly got smoked. We had 7 yards the WHOLE first half.

UD is another upper half CAA team so I don't expect anything different.
Edited by Eli

Being nearly ?, I thought a brief trip down memory lane was in order. Last year Against UD our offense managed 120 net yards and coughed the ball up 4 times in the “Nightmare in Newark” . The Hens just defeated Towson, a team that blew our doors off 9 days ago. If Undercuffler and Burns are at QB I may show up to see how they do, otherwise I’ll watch from home. Sunday’s WSOC AE final is a must though. At least there I know they will be competitive. Go Danes!

I don’t know where he got it, but a poster on the UD board has quotes from Coach Gattuso at a press conference:

VT and Brunson won't practice until Thursday. Decision will be made then if either can play on Saturday.

UD has best LB'ers in the CAA

Kehoe is shining for the offense but Hens can still run .

15 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I am going to the game as I always do.  We need to show our support our players in this difficult time.  However, Mark Benson should not take this as support for him or others.

How best then to communicate our displeasure? This team has won 3 of the last 15 games by my count. That’s a .200 winning percentage. With his kids. And his coaches. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I am going to the game as I always do.  We need to show our support our players in this difficult time.  However, Mark Benson should not take this as support for him or others.

He and Gattuso will view fans showing up as support for them and not the kids. I feel bad for the kids on this team but I won't go in order to not contribute to or provide a false narrative that this is acceptable enough for me to show up. It's not...I won't be there as this is the only card left to play for me as a paying fan this season. 

Going into next year, as I told Benson, unless there are SWEEPING changes, don't even email me about renewals. When Benson holds GG accountable (with sweeping changes, public admonishment etc) or GG stop being a losing coach that he is while absolutely destroying this football program, I'll come back...until then they won't see a nickel from me in concessions, tickets or donations. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 3

Mark Singelais is tweeting out that Testaverde is in a walking boot due to his ankle injury. Brunson is in concussion protocol. Testaverde isn't out just yet but if he is then Undercuffler will start and Burns will also play. Joe Casale might play this weekend as well at LB. 

No word on if they will be practicing with nerf footballs or if it will be Gattuso's selected offense, however. 

21 minutes ago, MDBH said:

Mark Singelais is tweeting out that Testaverde is in a walking boot due to his ankle injury. Brunson is in concussion protocol. Testaverde isn't out just yet but if he is then Undercuffler will start and Burns will also play. Joe Casale might play this weekend as well at LB. 

No word on if they will be practicing with nerf footballs or if it will be Gattuso's selected offense, however. 

I think it's a good strategy to keep Delaware guessing...if they don't know who's offense and play-style to prepare for, maybe we'll catch them unprepared. 

Orrrrrrr....plausible deniability

8LOKtIa.gif

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I think it's a good strategy to keep Delaware guessing...if they don't know who's offense and play-style to prepare for, maybe we'll catch them unprepared. 

Orrrrrrr....plausible deniability

8LOKtIa.gif

I would  much rather be facing Testaverde! 

Edited by MDBH

8 hours ago, Clickclack said:

He and Gattuso will view fans showing up as support for them and not the kids. I feel bad for the kids on this team but I won't go in order to not contribute to or provide a false narrative that this is acceptable enough for me to show up. It's not...I won't be there as this is the only card left to play for me as a paying fan this season. 

Going into next year, as I told Benson, unless there are SWEEPING changes, don't even email me about renewals. When Benson holds GG accountable (with sweeping changes, public admonishment etc) or GG stop being a losing coach that he is while absolutely destroying this football program, I'll come back...until then they won't see a nickel from me in concessions, tickets or donations. 

I concur completely with your comments.  I have no intentions renewing at my current level.

Interesting that some negative and questioning comments are beginning to show up on the UA Athletics football postings on FB. I don't know if they are members

of this forum or others. 

Otherwise......big game against a long time FCS power....Delaware and here we have.....crickets........chirp....chirp......