UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #9: 11/3/18 - 3:30pm - vs Delaware

https://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-loses-21-16-to-No-13-Delaware-13360693.php?utm_campaign=twitter-mobile&utm_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social

So gg is now actively teaching kids that it's officials keeping his team down. Man, so sick and tired of this nonsense. This should play well across the caa. 

But some of these things, it's been an epidemic. It's very difficult to understand sometimes.

That quote is taken out of context on purpose because the first part of it was Gattuso blowing hard but man, if I'll be damned if that isn't the fans perspective haahahah :):).

Someone take my credit card away. I have awesome seats but I'm really starting to get so fed up that I"m considering not renewing until this guy is officially gone. The dude wouldn't know responsibility and taking ownership if they slapped him in the face. It's always someone else.

Edited by Eli

This is literally Gattuso every weekend...

Step 1 (think of a great game plan):

tenor.gif

Step 2 (decide its dumb and use a stupid game plan instead):

AmazingHandyGalapagosalbatross-small.gif

Step 3 (suck on the field):

GzY9.gif

Step 4 (display the following reaction in a press conference after blaming everyone but myself):

DishonestShockingHind-size_restricted.gi

Edited by Eli
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

https://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-loses-21-16-to-No-13-Delaware-13360693.php?utm_campaign=twitter-mobile&utm_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social

So gg is now actively teaching kids that it's officials keeping his team down. Man, so sick and tired of this nonsense. This should play well across the caa. 

I came to post this exact thing. Blame the refs. No coach, your team is not good enough. Delaware obviously took this game lightly and your team showed up for once but yet still couldn't get the win. Imaginw if you had those 7 more seconds at the end of the half when you had 3 timeouts but didn't call one after a huge pass? Maybe you score a TD instead of a fg! Dis the rwfa do that?  Did the refs cause your team to have so many actual penalties? Come one man! Take some responsibility for once. 

• Like 1

Typical GG. We lost because Cuff threw an INT at the goal line. We lost because there were inexcusable false start and holding penalties. We lost because McDonald muffed a punt. We lost because someone called a run from a deep set that allowed EB to be tackled for a safety. We lost because when the game was on the line we allowed UD to drive 83 yards for a score, just like at William and Mary and just like Richmond at home. We lost because UD played a clean game without turnovers while we did not. Like has been said many times, good teams with good coaching overcome adversity. And the opposite is true as well. BTW, where were they hiding the 3,182 in attendance? It sure looked on TV like the place had been evacuated. Maybe Ritter couldn’t hear the snap count due to the wind whistling through the empty stands. 

On the plus side, there was some hard running and great defensive effort for much of the game. I was very impressed with Cuff’s arm strength and even on the ones he missed he was generally close. He seemed to adjust to the wind and never get rattled. This year is toast. Playing VT or WB will do nothing for us in the years to come. Give Burns a start too. Let’s see what we have. 

By by the way, I thought Mistler was off sides but it was close. A slow mo replay might settle it, but the refs don’t have the benefit of that and Mistler probably timed it a hair too early for comfort. The D still had plenty of opportunities to stop UD on that drive and couldn’t make a play. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Typical GG. We lost because Cuff threw an INT at the goal line. We lost because there were inexcusable false start and holding penalties. We lost because McDonald muffed a punt. We lost because someone called a run from a deep set that allowed EB to be tackled for a safety. We lost because when the game was on the line we allowed UD to drive 83 yards for a score, just like at William and Mary and just like Richmond at home. We lost because UD played a clean game without turnovers while we did not. Like has been said many times, good teams with good coaching overcome adversity. And the opposite is true as well. BTW, where were they hiding the 3,182 in attendance? It sure looked on TV like the place had been evacuated. Maybe Ritter couldn’t hear the snap count due to the wind whistling through the empty stands. 

On the plus side, there was some hard running and great defensive effort for much of the game. I was very impressed with Cuff’s arm strength and even on the ones he missed he was generally close. He seemed to adjust to the wind and never get rattled. This year is toast. Playing VT or WB will do nothing for us in the years to come. Give Burns a start too. Let’s see what we have. 

By by the way, I thought Mistler was off sides but it was close. A slow mo replay might settle it, but the refs don’t have the benefit of that and Mistler probably timed it a hair too early for comfort. The D still had plenty of opportunities to stop UD on that drive and couldn’t make a play. 

Well it is true, the players made some mistakes.  There are certainly decisions made which are  on the coaching staff, they don't muff the punts, etc.

IMHO, Undercuffler played very well for a freshman and I think his future looks promising.  I'm very pleased that we've started to blitz regularly.  It really started in the last game, but we are decimated in the secondary and the blitzing helps the DB's a lot as they don't have to cover as long.  I believe it made a big difference, especially yesterday when the wind was a big factor.  Would have loved to win and as someone stated earlier, I would have liked us to keep the pressure up more on the last drive.  That is on the coaching staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1