UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #9: 11/3/18 - 3:30pm - vs Delaware

14 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Interesting that some negative and questioning comments are beginning to show up on the UA Athletics football postings on FB. I don't know if they are members

of this forum or others. 

Otherwise......big game against a long time FCS power....Delaware and here we have.....crickets........chirp....chirp......

What exactly is there to talk about? By how many touchdowns Gattuso manages to lose this weekend?

#PatsosWithAFootball

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MDBH said:

The records don't mean anything in this conference. Expecting another battle. Looking forward to finally getting to Albany game for my first game in person. 

Looking forward to seeing you in the stands... I suggest you bring some tissues..you will likely be ? by game's end.  Hoping I am wrong.

12 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Looking forward to seeing you in the stands... I suggest you bring some tissues..you will likely be ? by game's end.  Hoping I am wrong.

He's a Delaware fan (nothing wrong with that) so I'm sure he'll be happy if Gattuso lays yet another egg ?. I'm hoping he does get the win so he can drive home happy! ?

The more losses we suffer, at this point, at the hands of Gattuso the sooner Benson will be FORCED to fire him. If we win 5-6 games every year we'll be stuck...but if we only win 1-2...justifying keeping him around may be hard to do. Even for Benson. 

Edited by Eli

1 hour ago, Eli said:

He's a Delaware fan (nothing wrong with that) so I'm sure he'll be happy if Gattuso lays yet another egg ?. I'm hoping he does get the win so he can drive home happy! ?

The more losses we suffer, at thus point, the hands of Gattuso the sooner Benson will be FORCED to fire him. If we win 5-6 games every year we'll be stuck...but if we only win 1-2...justifying keeping him around may be hard to do. Even for Benson. 

Assuming we let GG go, would DJ Durkin be a possibility as our next HC?

Edited by UA_MA_2000

6 hours ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Assuming we let GG go, would DJ Durkin be a possibility as our next HC?

I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to see Joe Davis as the interim HC while they negotiate to buy out Gattuso. I think it would be an upgrade and give this young hungry guy a chance on the cheap. A ham sandwich would be an upgrade over Gattuso and Clark. If they can't get to a good buyout number, keep Davis as the interim HC and give him a chance to rebuild this mess but whatever they do, they HAVE TO REMOVE GATTUSO, Clark and a few others and not let them anywhere near coaching, recruiting etc. 

It's obvious to everyone outside the program that Gattuso is unfit to coach at this level and him dragging around the dead coaching carcass of Bernard isn't helping the optics. What position is this deadbeat gonna try him at next? He's tried him in multiple roles and everything Clark touches goes to $iena. Benson has to act to mitigate any further damage to this program. 

- Syracuse ranked #19 in the country sitting at 6-2

- UB is at 8-1 sitting at the top of MAC East 

- Stony Brook is at 6-3 sitting primed for a playoff position

And we are stuck with this loser, DEAD last (winless in the CAA) at 2-6 and 0-5 in the CAA in year 5. No QB, no talent, no depth but he probably just needs more time. Don't worry folk, next year will REALLY be his team, REALLY be his game-plan, will REALLY be a CAA roster (this time around unlike going into this season), scouts honor...we promise, cross his heart....

Edited by Clickclack

Oh yeah, this is a Delaware game thread.

Brunson definitely out (concussion), Testaverde still in a walking boot (ankle sprain). If VT can’t go, Undercuffler will probably start.

Gattuso said “I think Jeff kind of took to the material a little quicker and Nyc's been in three or four offenses in the last year. It's going to take him a minute longer to get some things”

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Oh yeah, this is a Delaware game thread.

Brunson definitely out (concussion), Testaverde still in a walking boot (ankle sprain). If VT can’t go, Undercuffler will probably start.

Gattuso said “I think Jeff kind of took to the material a little quicker and Nyc's been in three or four offenses in the last year. It's going to take him a minute longer to get some things”

I'll definitely be watching from home to see how these QB's do. Hope one of them shines and finishes out the year.