UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

For a couple of years; had spring game and men's lacrosse at night. Remember 2016 particularly well. Broke my toe at the end of the football scrimmage when a table blew over and landed on the toe. Hobbled around and stuck around for the main event, the lacrosse game at night. Barely could walk in the door that night--wife was just a little bit ANGRY at me for staying there ALL day. Had a hematoma lanced and the nail removed the following Monday {nail has never grown back properly.} So don't tell me the stadium cannot host two events in the same day. Memory a little cloudy at my age and maybe had to go over to Fallon for the lax, but I'm pretty sure both events @ Casey? 

ps.  Not to kick a dead horse but you may recall how incensed I was in the fall of 2018, when Benson would NOT let Marr have the fall ball scrimmage/fund raiser @ Casey. Had to play in the mud with no seats @ the fields aside of Casey. Don't get me started on this again. Said football game @ night had to be available for walk throughs. Did not buy it then and Don't now!

Edited by dslyank
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

For a couple of years; had spring game and men's lacrosse at night. Remember 2016 particularly well. Broke my toe at the end of the football scrimmage when a table blew over and landed on the toe. Hobbled around and stuck around for the main event, the lacrosse game at night. Barely could walk in the door that night--wife was just a little bit ANGRY at me for staying there ALL day. Had a hematoma lanced and the nail removed the following Monday {nail has never grown back properly.} So don't tell me the stadium cannot host two events in the same day. Memory a little cloudy at my age and maybe had to go over to Fallon for the lax, but I'm pretty sure both events @ Casey? 

ps.  Not to kick a dead horse but you may recall how incensed I was in the fall of 2018, when Benson would NOT let Marr have the fall ball scrimmage/fund raiser @ Casey. Had to play in the mud with no seats @ the fields aside of Casey. Don't get me started on this again. Said football game @ night had to be available for walk throughs. Did not buy it then and Don't now!

Sorry to hear about the toe but the rest of the post is spot on.

What is the guy up to? With each passing week, another blunder happens. Getting tired of it.

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Holding this event at Troy HS makes zero sense to me. It makes no difference tome as I will be out of town that day, but why? I’ve not renewed yet either. It’s getting strange over there. 

I haven't renewed either, trying to see if anything can motivate me to re-up my 3 tickets. Right now it's going the wrong way with decisions like this. I was thinking of going to Spring game to see how they look but I'm not going to to Troy High. 

Edited by Clickclack

11 hours ago, Clickclack said:

This comes down to one thing and one thing only. WLax needs the facility...that alone should tell you about this schools priorities and pecking order. That or they need to hide the joke that is Gattuso football. Time will tell...

As one of our BigPurpleFans pointed out there was Spring Football after a lacrosse match.  When we talk about thinking outside the box 📦, playing the Spring Game in Troy reaches that level.

When I first heard this plan, my assumption was that it was a method of appealing to Dev Holmes not to transfer.  While Troy High's facilities have been upgraded, there are nicer & closer facilities (with better parking) in the Capital District.  There has to be a reason Troy High was chosen over others, right?

I got my renewal letter yesterday and can’t recall ever being less enthused about a football season. AD folks, if you’re reading this, you have a problem. As a football fanatic and a UA fan since 1970, you have a problem and need to fix it. Why would you not hold a spring game at TMC? I wouldn’t go to that game if I was going to be here. I avoid Troy whenever possible. If Statefan is onto something and the game was moved to keep one player from transferring...you’ve got even bigger problems. I chose not to believe that. But I can’t see how this change will do any good. Maybe it’ll work out as well as the stadium chair ban. Speaking of stadium chairs, I got a slip of paper in my letter that looked like it was cut with children’s safety scissors and it told me I could rent a seat for the season for $10. I would sooner stay home than sit on those crappy chairs. They are hideously uncomfortable in comparison to the seat I already own. So that’s where I stand. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have had this before but I am 100 percent NOT renewing my football season tickets. They dont deserve my money. Its absolutely terrible. 

I will continue to give to atheltics but cant in good conscious renew my tickets. I may go to a game or two but thats it. 

No hope.............negativity...................???    I have renewed AND made an additional donation.  If you support the program, you support the program.  That's my view.  I saw and talked to Nat at the Lacrosse game  about the stadium seats, just trying to use them since they have them.  He laughed when I said my ass would not fit on them.  You can use your own so not really a big deal at all.

Moving the spring game to another weekend probably can't be done.  The number of practices and dates are basically set by the NCAA you have to complete a certain number within a certain amount of time and there are a limited number of dates when practices can be held.  .

Probably being held at Troy since we have a couple of connections to the school, and not JUST the kids on the team.  I am sure that made it easy.

Men's lacrosse practices from time to time over where the Colgate Scrimmage was held.  I am just NOT understanding why it is such a big deal that the spring game is at a local HS..  Really!!

Syracuse had a men's lacrosse game at a local HS last week.  You do what has to be done!  get over it, seriously!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

*In the voice of Sir David Attenborough*

And here we see HOF2013 in his natural habitat. Telling people he's the best fan that UA FB has and that everyone is negative and needs to be quiet/get over it.

---------------------------------------

On a more serious note...you completely missed the point about the stadium seats (like, you aren't even in the same zip code man). But moving on to the game at Troy High...

If the athletic administration had half a brain, they would be inviting the loyal fans on this forum to a brown bag/round table/committee of sorts and asking them to provide input before making such idiotic decisions like changing the Purple & Gold games structure or moving the FB Spring Game to some rinky dink HS field. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" should be their motto. Virtually everything Benson and the AD is doing right now over the last few years feels 100% half assed. They seemingly get no input from the fans and then wonder why everything is broken.

1) As good as Lax has been over the years, it is NOT the most important sport at UA. FB is.
2) That being said, any scheduling or facility use should be prioritized accordingly. TMC is the football teams, first and foremost, whether anyone admits it or not. It was marketed as multi-use complex, but we knows who's it is. Why would you NOT use the beautiful venue that is Tom & Mary Casey Stadium to showcase said most important athletic program you have to offer and entice people too come back to said beautiful venue?
3) Even if there is no other weekends free to have the game, you're telling me the scrimmage (or conflicting event) can't be moved 3-4hrs +/- in the middle of April? When it gets dark at 7PM? Why isn't the conflicting event under the lights?

As has been stated many times, you can choose to show them blind support and continue to throw money at them but others don't and refuse to. It's bad when people are leaning towards not renewing tickets or renewing less tickets and decisions like this make that threat easier to follow through on. That does NOT make said people worse fans. If anything, it takes will power because they are giving up prime seats where they've likely grown to have a camaraderie with their fellow section'ites.

I mean, just look at this:

Screen-shot-2014-02-03-at-10.59.22-AM-10

The only thing nice in that picture is the actual turf...that we WON'T be on.

Some of us think that it's hard to see the action on run plays from the gold seats and that the view on the 2nd deck of our stadium is the bees knees. Wait till you are sitting in Troy's bleachers with a track AND team-on-the-sideline between you and the action.

Couldn't ask for a better view. /s /rollseyes

Don't think it is necessarily  a bad thing to do some community out reach, if that is reason for the move to troy. Having the game at troy maybe misguided and dumb, but perhaps the "intent" was good. If as I suspect the move was generated by lack of effort and coordination of conflicted events on campus, than like the majority I am 100% appalled. If some marketing and out-reach was the motivation than only 80% appalled @ a misguided attempt.

12 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Gonna take me back to the view at University Field, except the cheerleaders won't be there

DSCN0581.JPG

Boy am I old.  When I sat in the bleachers for football games, the Science Library building wasn't there, lol.  That space was part of the Mayfest celebration!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Boy am I old.  When I sat in the bleachers for football games, the Science Library building wasn't there, lol.  That space was part of the Mayfest celebration!

My first season tickets were mid-field first row....COULDN'T SEE 'ISH!!!!! I just screamed when everyone else around me did. 

• Haha 1