UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

My take is this: At one time the games were free. Then we began to pay for the games. Then we began to pay for the games and parking. Then we had to pay for the games, parking and an additional fee to get the seats we wanted plus a parking pass. The more I pay, the more I expect in return. The more it is my right to criticize a lack of performance by the athletic department as a whole and the coaches and team in particular. I still bleed purple, but the cost of that blood has gone up. My loyalty will not be blind to what I think are legitimate criticisms and concerns regarding the football program. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

My take is this: At one time the games were free. Then we began to pay for the games. Then we began to pay for the games and parking. Then we had to pay for the games, parking and an additional fee to get the seats we wanted plus a parking pass. The more I pay, the more I expect in return. The more it is my right to criticize a lack of performance by the athletic department as a whole and the coaches and team in particular. I still bleed purple, but the cost of that blood has gone up. My loyalty will not be blind to what I think are legitimate criticisms and concerns regarding the football program. 

This is clearly not a universally held belief here but one I believe you are entitled to. 

I'll remind everyone of the track record of this current coaching staff. So while we are being asked to fork over more and more $$ the product on the field has gone from bad to worse. 12-28 or 30% winning % in the CAA and the scary thing is it's actually trending in the wrong direction. And this was rewarded with a new contract. 4 wins - 2 wins - 1 win on a miracle FG. 5 years and not a SINGLE winning CAA season. Good news is he can't go any worse then 0-8 in the CAA so we are near rock bottom. 

XCJtrs3.png

Listen, people can spend their financial resources however they chose but there are some GLARING problems that are staring this athletic department in the face. There is never any accountability what the myriad of issues currently swirling around. The one thing that NEVER appears to be a problem is rising prices or how much the administration is asking for the fans to do.  Listen to me and listen to me well...I KNOW it takes money to run an athletic department, I KNOW it takes resources to improve facilities, I KNOW it takes money to pay top-notch coaches. I would GLADLY pay even higher costs if there was accountability, performance, a vision and direction, clear/concise and logical policies and procedures that encourage attendance, fan involvement etc.  

What we have observed over the entire Benson reign is degradation of all of the above coupled with a corresponding increase in ask from fans in terms of patience, financials resources etc. It's disgusting and if there is any justice Benson will be the first person held responsible by the President for his sloppy performance in pretty much all aspects. 

So again, I can't in good concision criticize anyone for withholding financial support...those that chose can blindly (like zombies) chant how great everything is and never EVER hold Benson responsible for things like the Gattuso extension. There's no question he would have been replaced and the program may have a chance if Benson din't make a cardinal mistake and in the process yoke himself to Gattuso. 

He better pray Gattuso can at least get back to .500 in the CAA this year or they can both hit the bricks.  

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Such a beautiful post. I can't help but tear up. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...