Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eli

[FB] Game #10: 11/10/18 - 1pm - @ New Hampshire

Recommended Posts

7 sacks and 13 net yards rushing....kind of important when the wind is blowing. Excuse? How about your entire offensive line, which you recruited, can't block and apparently can't hear the snap count? How about your recruited QBs are not CAA quality and cannot create or extend plays to save their life? How's that for 2 excuses? One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that nothing on the UA campus will ever be named for the head coach.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eli said:

This thread is only 2 pages long and the game is almost over. Can you say 'diehards have checked out'?

You mean there's another game left this season?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

You mean there's another game left this season?

For the other team, yes. Not sure you can call what our team doing 'gaming' ?. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can stomach them, the highlights (lowlights) of yesterday’s game are out on YouTube. The pick six was one of the saddest plays imaginable. There’s one sack where I think 4 of 5 linemen missed their blocks. The sorriest group of offensive linemen in the league. They looked totally confused. Holmes had a deep pass, right on target, running free, hit him in the helmet. I know the wind affected it for sure, but still. Unless new blood helps or this O line takes a huge leap, the team is doomed to the cellar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jimbo said:

If you can stomach them, the highlights (lowlights) of yesterday’s game are out on YouTube. The pick six was one of the saddest plays imaginable. There’s one sack where I think 4 of 5 linemen missed their blocks. The sorriest group of offensive linemen in the league. They looked totally confused. Holmes had a deep pass, right on target, running free, hit him in the helmet. I know the wind affected it for sure, but still. Unless new blood helps or this O line takes a huge leap, the team is doomed to the cellar. 

This team has zero chance next year... None... As you said o line, d line, no qb, corner all brutal. 

 

They aren't close to turning the corner. Lost bt 2 td to a 3 win team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK no more computer talk; but just letting you know I'm with you old timers. Fortran, Cobol and yes even Hollerith Cards {class of 1971.}

Back to football. We all got to get behind this team and try to figure out a way to beat the hated wolfs of the sea. A UA victory would go a long way in denying brook an ncaa bid. A UA victory could also save Gattuso's job?? Pick your poison. I for one never root against UA; and as much as I would not mind G's removal/retirement got to hope for UA to rise to the occasion and play spoiler. Getting it done is quite another matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dslyank said:

OK no more computer talk; but just letting you know I'm with you old timers. Fortran, Cobol and yes even Hollerith Cards {class of 1971.}

Back to football. We all got to get behind this team and try to figure out a way to beat the hated wolfs of the sea. A UA victory would go a long way in denying brook an ncaa bid. A UA victory could also save Gattuso's job?? Pick your poison. I for one never root against UA; and as much as I would not mind G's removal/retirement got to hope for UA to rise to the occasion and play spoiler. Getting it done is quite another matter.

Cards were free when I took Fortran.  I screwed up so many with my poor keypunching skills, cards were only available from vending machines the next semester!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, alum73 said:

Cards were free when I took Fortran.  I screwed up so many with my poor keypunching skills, cards were only available from vending machines the next semester!

I can’t recall how I got my cards, but my typing was atrocious so I screwed up my share. I do not root  against the Danes ever. Whether or not they beat the imaginary sea canids should matter not at all as it pertains to GG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 7:03 AM, jimbo said:

If you can stomach them, the highlights (lowlights) of yesterday’s game are out on YouTube. The pick six was one of the saddest plays imaginable. There’s one sack where I think 4 of 5 linemen missed their blocks. The sorriest group of offensive linemen in the league. They looked totally confused. Holmes had a deep pass, right on target, running free, hit him in the helmet. I know the wind affected it for sure, but still. Unless new blood helps or this O line takes a huge leap, the team is doomed to the cellar. 

Didn't get a chance to watch the game so took a look at the highlights.  I can't believe that ball went off Holmes's helmet. That was terrible!  Also, on the TD where the UNH offensive line was at the top of the screen, that was pathetic defense.  THERE WAS NO ONE BLOCKING FOR THE QB!  Rush him hard and he is dead.  A little bit different but this is what that play should've looked like:  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×