UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #11: 11/17/18 - 3:30pm - vs Stony Brook

Last Up: L (24-10) @ New Hampshire
Next Up: vs Stony Brook (7-3, 5-2 CAA...just beat UD)
TV/Streaming: FOX Sports Go/FOX College Sports
Local Radio: N/A

Finally! The end of this dreadful season is upon us! Just hand SB the Apple or whatever it is we play for each year against them and call it a day.

Maybe on 11/18/18, Benson will fire Gattuso. One can only hope! 7 straight losses to end the year should be good cause for a firing.
Edited by Eli

Oh, he’s gonna get it. I have confidence in him! 

I am terrible at inserting things in these posts, so maybe one of you IT whizzes can insert a GIF of a tumbleweed strewn field as my impression of Casey for next Saturday. When I took my first computer course there was a giant Univac in the computer center and we either handed in FORTRAN on punch card decks or typed in BASIC on teletypes. Creative swearing was allowed when the system went down and you hadn’t saved your work. But I digress. I also learned to never drop a deck of cards in a snow bank. Yeah, I did that. You pups have had it good. So that’s my excuse for not being able to get a A#¥ing GIF inserted. Beats the wind in my book. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Oh, he’s gonna get it. I have confidence in him! 

I am terrible at inserting things in these posts, so maybe one of you IT whizzes can insert a GIF of a tumbleweed strewn field as my impression of Casey for next Saturday. When I took my first computer course there was a giant Univac in the computer center and we either handed in FORTRAN on punch card decks or typed in BASIC on teletypes. Creative swearing was allowed when the system went down and you hadn’t saved your work. But I digress. I also learned to never drop a deck of cards in a snow bank. Yeah, I did that. You pups have had it good. So that’s my excuse for not being able to get a A#¥ing GIF inserted. Beats the wind in my book. 

Ah yes Jimbo, those were the days of the Sperry Univac and doing programming in Basic , Pascal, and Cobol.  Remember it well.  I can not insert things like GIF either but if anyone needs my printout of a Cobol program that does payroll for a small business, I still have it from 1981!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Ah yes Jimbo, those were the days of the Sperry Univac and doing programming in Basic , Pascal, and Cobol.  Remember it well.  I can not insert things like GIF either but if anyone needs my printout of a Cobol program that does payroll for a small business, I still have it from 1981!

Not bad... You still have things from my birth year. Look at you! 

14 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Hey, I'm 31 (and if it isn't clear work in IT) and got my start in terms of programming in high school in a PASCAL class. Good ol days indeed. Today's graduates have no idea what anyone who grew up in the 90s or earlier started with. 

45 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I am terrible at inserting things in these posts, so maybe one of you IT whizzes can insert a GIF of a tumbleweed strewn field as my impression of Casey for next Saturday.

Ask an ye shall receive, my good sir:

giphy.gif

Edited by Eli
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eli said:

Hey, I'm 31 (and if it isn't clear work in IT) and got my start in terms of programming in high school in a PASCAL class. Good ol days indeed. Today's graduates have no idea what anyone who grew up in the 90s or earlier started with. 

Some of us were before Bill Gates and the Windows platform so yes, the kids have no idea.  I only took 4 programming courses for the heck of it and obviously useless a few years later.  

3 hours ago, Eli said:

Ask an ye shall receive, my good sir:

giphy.gif

You are the best! I think my first computer programming class was in 70 or 71. So that’s ancient history. Anybody remember Wang machines? One of my physics profs had one. For you youngsters, we were not allowed to use hand calculators because they were too expensive. About 1/2 semester in 1970 $. Slide rule city. Ok, no more computer talk. ?

Edited by jimbo
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

I was smart enough to be dumb to forget about programming. Whenever I have a computer problem, I'll just come here and ask an expert here on this forum.

As far as next Saturday is concerned, I'm just waiting until I see "Winter Sport" on top of the forum categories again.

Usually we find that there are two solutions: 1) turn off and then turn on again 2) find a child, grandchild, nephew, niece, etc, hand them whatever device is wonky and say “fix this”.

if neither work, get a new one. 

• Haha 2

On 11/10/2018 at 5:24 PM, Clickclack said:

The venerable Greg Gattuso will be gunning next week for another loss and a record of 11-39 in the CAA. In other words a winning percentage of 28.2%

Can he get it? I think so... 

5 years

8 conference games a year

Would be 40 games

A loss would make record 11-29

8 hours ago, Eli said:

So that's bett...never mind, it's worse. 

It is what it is, but if you are going to constantly complain at least complain accurately :)

As far as me with no Danes games in any sports and no Giants game yesterday I watched the Jets for the first time this season. No complaints from me on that one ?