UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #5: 11/20/18 - 7PM vs Holy Cross

Eli

11 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Our bigs need to spend a month in McDonalds eating McRib sandwiches to put on weight, then do nothing but battle with Greg Stire under the rim to toughen up. Someone mentioned that he was on the bench in a suit for Oneonta. I didn't notice him tonight, but since he is officially done with amateur athletics, maybe the team can hire him to be a special advisor or something. 

I think what they really need is to build a house, or nail a roof {the old way with a hammer NOT a gun}; or mix concrete. The bigs have the worse hands as a group, I've ever seen. Cannot seem to hang onto the ball even when they do get to it. Need to TOUGHEN up those hands [and McRibs.] I hear Habitat for Humanity is hiring. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jimbo said:

Maybe the bigs will be more effective later in the year. Lauderdale is getting better the more he plays. Good effort against a good team.  Over and out. 

Maybe Lauderdale can teach the them some toughness.  He doesn't seem shy or fragile around the court.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I think what they really need is to build a house, or nail a roof {the old way with a hammer NOT a gun}; or mix concrete. The bigs have the worse hands as a group, I've ever seen. Cannot seem to hang onto the ball even when they do get to it. Need to TOUGHEN up those hands [and McRibs.] I hear Habitat for Humanity is hiring. 

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record this year but I'm going to say it again. These kids need time for the game to slow down a little bit for them. Everything, especially for the big men down low, seems so rushed. It's like they know the game is faster so they are trying to physically play as fast as they can and when you do that you get reckless and lose control. I think we've seen this a lot with the Jucos and freshman in the past. I believe players like Lulka and Lauderdale and even Hank have the skill and talent to be good in this conference, it's just going to take time and more importantly experience.  

That game went from borderline unwatchable to an exciting finish. Good to see them show some fight and come back. Of course I would've liked a win and I'm not a fan of moral victories but hopefully this will give them some confidence. The talent is there!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, uofalbany said:

Maybe Lauderdale can teach the them some toughness.  He doesn't seem shy or fragile around the court.

I liked Lauderdale demanding the ball in the post last night. Good stuff.

Having a game the night before hurt us. Not necessarily for fatigue but for preparation against a team like HC that defends so differently. We kind of learned on the fly.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

I liked Lauderdale demanding the ball in the post last night. Good stuff.

Having a game the night before hurt us. Not necessarily for fatigue but for preparation against a team like HC that defends so differently. We kind of learned on the fly.

If preparation was the thing wouldn’t you rather  learn on the fly against oneonta and prepare for Holy Cross instead? I think they were just flat out better than us.

20 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I know the students were all out of town, but I honestly can't remember SEFCU being as quiet as it was last night. Is attendance going to be that terrible all season? 

I've stopped caring about attendance. Albany is what Albany is. This is a terrible sports town. If you ain't a pro team, you get barely any love. When the Knicks used to come to Pepsi for preseason games they had more fans than our best games. 

The students in particular are useless, even when classes are in session. 

• Like 1

Funny quote by Will Brown, from Michael Kelly’s (Gazette) Twitter page...

Brown on Healy, who had 22 tonight: “He’s just out there, smiling. He gets beat for a backdoor layup, he smiles. He turns it over, he smiles. He hits two 3s in a row, he smiles. I pat him on the back, I yell at him — he smiles. He’s just a free spirit out there, having fun.”

• Like 2