Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eli

[MBB] Game #8: 11/30/18 - 12PM vs Dartmouth (Belfast, Ireland)

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Postgame CB seems to be relying on Rizzuto to give offense a punch besides Clark and Healy.  He is disappointed in bench may go small for awhile.  After 91 pts by Dartmouth,  defense is a bigger issue.  CB has told us many times that we struggle vs an uptempo team ie. Iona, a Princeton  type team like Holy Cross, and a 3 point team like Dartmouth.   That's a majority of styles coach.  In the words of a former NFL coach, " They are who we thought they were!"    Defense is on coaching staff who are not getting them ready to defend a style we know they will run.  

This! No one plays grind it out in a half court set anymore unless you are Virginia. The game has changed and if you don't change with it you will get passed by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

This! No one plays grind it out in a half court set anymore unless you are Virginia. The game has changed and if you don't change with it you will get passed by.

Not really true...but if you are going to grind it out at least defend so you can neutralize the 3's to some extent or running teams. 

Plenty of really good teams that play at a slower pace than us...NotreDame (57), TexTech(9), Penn St (37), Davidson (87), Baylor (58), Butler (24), Ohio St (29), Michigan (6), Florida (22), UVM (120) many more where that came from. What do these teams have in common? They all defend the crap out of the ball. I may have to rewatch this and LIU and just watch defense because the offense isn't really the problem. They refuse to defend right now...

Defense wins and wins championships...if you aren't at least around 150 rank and average, you're gonna struggle. If you are average even, you can make up for it with great offense, which we've had last few yars...Right now this defense is one of the worst in the country and offense still trying to find itself. 

 

Edited by Clickclack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure he's a fine young man, but as a basketball player, Campbell is straight trash. Get that kid off the floor! I don't care if he's a senior and a 'leader'...dude can't ball. The Space Jam Monstars stole this kids game after sophomore year. That's the only explanation. Give him a head band and let him be an apprentice to Fruscio on how to cheer.

Stats:

UAlbany Wins																																	
** Albany stats are the left side in each grouping **																																	
Opponent	Type	PTS		FGM		FGA		FG%		3PTM		3PTA		3PT%		FTM		FTA		FT%		REB		AST		STL		BLK		TO		FOUL	
Canisius	OOC	75	66	25	23	47	60	53.2%	38.3%	8	6	18	30	44.4%	20.0%	17	14	25	25	68.0%	56.0%	37	32	17	12	5	11	1	2	18	8	19	24
Oneonta		OOC	79	62	30	24	63	62	47.6%	38.7%	7	9	22	24	31.8%	37.5%	12	5	16	8	75.0%	62.5%	45	32	14	16	8	9	2	6	17	19	13	20
																																	
Tot. W			154	128	55	47	110	122	50.0%	38.5%	15	15	40	54	37.5%	27.8%	29	19	41	33	70.7%	57.6%	82	64	31	28	13	20	3	8	35	27	32	44
Avg. W			77.0	64.0	27.5	23.5	55.0	61.0	50.4%	38.5%	7.5	7.5	20.0	27.0	38.1%	28.8%	14.5	9.5	20.5	16.5	71.5%	59.3%	41.0	32.0	15.5	14.0	6.5	10.0	1.5	4.0	17.5	13.5	16.0	22.0
																																	
UAlbany Losses																																	
** Albany stats are the left side in each grouping **																																	
Opponent	Type	PTS		FGM		FGA		FG%		3PTM		3PTA		3PT%		FTM		FTA		FT%		REB		AST		STL		BLK		TO		FOUL	
Iona		OOC	68	72	21	25	58	57	36.2%	43.9%	11	6	24	25	45.8%	24.0%	15	16	16	25	93.8%	64.0%	39	34	10	16	0	12	0	2	22	13	20	16
Boston Univ.	OOC	61	71	20	28	59	55	33.9%	50.9%	5	10	20	22	25.0%	45.5%	16	5	22	11	72.7%	45.5%	33	40	14	18	7	3	3	4	8	14	13	21
Holy Cross	OOC	65	69	23	26	63	56	36.5%	46.4%	10	5	28	17	35.7%	29.4%	9	12	14	20	64.3%	60.0%	45	32	16	18	5	6	1	7	15	9	22	12
UW-Milwaukee	OOC	70	79	23	31	59	53	39.0%	58.5%	10	12	30	21	33.3%	57.1%	14	5	17	7	82.4%	71.4%	28	32	12	19	7	1	2	4	8	12	9	14
LIU Brooklyn	OOC	77	80	25	26	56	63	44.6%	41.3%	6	11	22	28	27.3%	39.3%	21	17	27	22	77.8%	77.3%	42	32	10	13	6	10	5	6	26	16	24	21
Dartmouth	OOC	77	91	26	30	61	57	42.6%	52.6%	6	17	22	33	27.3%	51.5%	19	14	23	21	82.6%	66.7%	30	37	11	21	8	6	0	4	11	15	16	21
																																	
Tot. L			418	462	138	166	356	341	38.8%	48.7%	48	61	146	146	32.9%	41.8%	94	69	119	106	79.0%	65.1%	217	207	73	105	33	38	11	27	90	79	104	105
Avg. L			69.7	77.0	23.0	27.7	59.3	56.8	38.8%	48.9%	8.0	10.2	24.3	24.3	32.4%	41.1%	15.7	11.5	19.8	17.7	78.9%	64.1%	36.2	34.5	12.2	17.5	5.5	6.3	1.8	4.5	15.0	13.2	17.3	17.5
																																	
Tot. (all)		572	590	193	213	466	463	41.4%	46.0%	63	76	186	200	33.9%	38.0%	123	88	160	139	76.9%	63.3%	299	271	104	133	46	58	14	35	125	106	136	149
Avg. (all)		71.5	73.8	24.1	26.6	58.3	57.9	41.7%	46.3%	7.9	9.5	23.3	25.0	33.8%	38.0%	15.4	11.0	20.0	17.4	77.1%	62.9%	37.4	33.9	13.0	16.6	5.8	7.3	1.8	4.4	15.6	13.3	17.0	18.6
			PTS		FGM		FGA		FG%		3PTM		3PTA		3PT%		FTM		FTA		FT%		REB		AST		STL		BLK		TO		FOUL	

 

Edited by Eli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Campbell has had a few decent games but I have been saying this for over a year, he is terrible. This is a growing year. Need to play the freshman and sophomores.  Play Campbell no more then 20 minutes a game, AT MOST. 

Still not convicted yet that either players whom are hurt should play this year. We are 8 games in. At what point do we just redshirt . What's the time line for either player? If they are not back by game 10 they need to sit the year and keep eligibility. 

Edited by UA1882

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

What’s Brown’s worst 8 game start at UA?

We had a putrid home loss against Harvard to go 2-6 in the first 8 games of the 2005-06 season. I don't remember how the rest of that year went.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

We had a putrid home loss against Harvard to go 2-6 in the first 8 games of the 2005-06 season. I don't remember how the rest of that year went.

As I posted earlier in the thread, in 14-15 the team started 2-6 as well. Then went 15-1 in league, and ended with the SBU dagger. "And Warney tips the rebound out to Hooley. Here's Hooley for the win...."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least we reduced turnovers to 11.

Agree 1000%   '"UN-FREE CAMPBELL"  Sit him next to Fruscio; and while we are arm chairing quarterbacking:  sit Miller and Lauderdale also. 

Post game interview have Rizzuto and Flory coming off DL Monday (if Dr's approve). Rizzuto to play right away, Flory only approved for practice. God I HOPE they are the answers or at least part of the solution!!!!!  I really see NO help on the bench now, and see above for others who IMHO should be buried on the bench. 

I think DeSousa is a work in progress and should get at least some minutes per game so he can adjust/learn the pace. Eventually IMHO he will be a good one (may take a year). I LIKE what I see from French, hustle and seems to play with abandonment (although he makes mistake, but not as many as others.) He and Hanks need to split minutes in the middle. I do not see a future for Lauderdale and obviously Miller. Miller was suppose to provide senior/grad leadership and a calming influence--have NOT seen it.

OK arm chairs hear it goes:  Brooks needs to be given a chance to be a pest on defense and to help bring the ball up against presses ["pest" is what his bio says or maybe it was in a Gazzette article.]  Anyhow, if he cannot deliver {and maybe he has already blown his chance?} then you heard it here first-------- FREE FRUSCIO. He was an excellent point guard on a two time NYS Federation championship team. Unless Rizzuto is the answer in breaking the press, than I see no other option; and it is probably a real GOOD thing I am only an arm chair quarterback/coach

Edited by dslyank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

De Sousa is athletic and long. I want him to continue getting minutes. I think he just needs some time to get adjusted I believe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree on Lauderdale and I slightly disagree on Miller.

Kendall is improving.  He might have had a bad game, but he was much better in games 3-7 than he was in the first couple games. These are humans. Unlike Campbell, who has a year and a half of PROVEN $ienaty play, these other guys are still feeling each other out.

For Miller, when he's attacking the basket he's a good player to have. When he's standing around, he's useless. Some of that is on Brown (draw up plays to get him attacking) and maybe on himself as well (be more aggressive).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Well at least we reduced turnovers to 11.

Agree 1000%   '"UN-FREE CAMPBELL"  Sit him next to Fruscio; and while we are arm chairing quarterbacking:  sit Miller and Lauderdale also. 

Post game interview have Rizzuto and Flory coming off DL Monday (if Dr's approve). Rizzuto to play right away, Flory only approved for practice. God I HOPE they are the answers or at least part of the solution!!!!!  I really see NO help on the bench now, and see above for others who IMHO should be buried on the bench. 

I think DeSousa is a work in progress and should get at least some minutes per game so he can adjust/learn the pace. Eventually IMHO he will be a good one (may take a year). I LIKE what I see from French, hustle and seems to play with abandonment (although he makes mistake, but not as many as others.) He and Hanks need to split minutes in the middle. I do not see a future for Lauderdale and obviously Miller. Miller was suppose to provide senior/grad leadership and a calming influence--have NOT seen it.

OK arm chairs hear it goes:  Brooks needs to be given a chance to be a pest on defense and to help bring the ball up against presses ["pest" is what his bio says or maybe it was in a Gazzette article.]  Anyhow, if he cannot deliver {and maybe he has already blown his chance?} then you heard it here first-------- FREE FRUSCIO. He was an excellent point guard on a two time NYS Federation championship team. Unless Rizzuto is the answer in breaking the press, than I see no other option; and it is probably a real GOOD thing I am only an arm chair quarterback/coach

LOL...

tenor.gif?itemid=4468392

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

De Sousa is athletic and long. I want him to continue getting minutes. I think he just needs some time to get adjusted I believe. 

I'd like to see DeSousa rewarded for todays game...hopefully he gets a few extra minutes on Saturday. He was aggressive and attacked today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also like Lauderdale’s play, one of the postgame comments was the team doesn’t have the grit or toughness and KL might have some of it. 

I just wish the bigs could put stickum on their hands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

I also like Lauderdale’s play, one of the postgame comments was the team doesn’t have the grit or toughness and KL might have some of it. 

I just wish the bigs could put stickum on their hands.

We need to take hand measurements of future recruits like the NFL combine does 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

We need to take hand measurements of future recruits like the NFL combine does 

Our bigs have fumbleitis when receiving passes and don't get me started on pulling down rebounds and securing the ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×