UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #8: 11/30/18 - 12PM vs Dartmouth (Belfast, Ireland)

Eli

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

Well at least we reduced turnovers to 11.

Agree 1000%   '"UN-FREE CAMPBELL"  Sit him next to Fruscio; and while we are arm chairing quarterbacking:  sit Miller and Lauderdale also. 

Post game interview have Rizzuto and Flory coming off DL Monday (if Dr's approve). Rizzuto to play right away, Flory only approved for practice. God I HOPE they are the answers or at least part of the solution!!!!!  I really see NO help on the bench now, and see above for others who IMHO should be buried on the bench. 

I think DeSousa is a work in progress and should get at least some minutes per game so he can adjust/learn the pace. Eventually IMHO he will be a good one (may take a year). I LIKE what I see from French, hustle and seems to play with abandonment (although he makes mistake, but not as many as others.) He and Hanks need to split minutes in the middle. I do not see a future for Lauderdale and obviously Miller. Miller was suppose to provide senior/grad leadership and a calming influence--have NOT seen it.

OK arm chairs hear it goes:  Brooks needs to be given a chance to be a pest on defense and to help bring the ball up against presses ["pest" is what his bio says or maybe it was in a Gazzette article.]  Anyhow, if he cannot deliver {and maybe he has already blown his chance?} then you heard it here first-------- FREE FRUSCIO. He was an excellent point guard on a two time NYS Federation championship team. Unless Rizzuto is the answer in breaking the press, than I see no other option; and it is probably a real GOOD thing I am only an arm chair quarterback/coach

I am beyond puzzled by this post.  Even if half of it is T.I.C., are you really watching the players off the ball?  

Brooks is BY FAR the worst "regular" player we have.  By LIGHT YEARS.  Not even good defense.  Really agree with you on French...but Lauderdale is actually playing somewhat well. Remember he's a JUCO big.  I am quite happy with Lauderdale, Lulka, and French's development.  Hanks is basically non-existent right now.  He's a big dude...it may take him a bit longer to get it.

Miller is more influential than you think.  He's never been known as a shooter...but plays pretty good D.  I actually wonder if he was hurt (he came up lame yesterday), which affected his PT time today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I also like Lauderdale’s play, one of the postgame comments was the team doesn’t have the grit or toughness and KL might have some of it. 

I just wish the bigs could put stickum on their hands.

I mentioned to Clack that they all look like "Stone Hands Jefferson" from Necessary Roughness.  Bust out those rolls of toilet paper.  

The bigs will be fine in the AE, really good if they learn how to catch.

14 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I am quite happy with Lauderdale, Lulka, and French's development.  Hanks is basically non-existent right now.  He's a big dude...it may take him a bit longer to get it.

Was noticing today that Hank has started but really isn't playing starters minutes. He's only play over 20 minutes a game once this year against BU. I'm hoping he develops into a better free throw shooting Metcalf as time goes on.

I understand the frustration with Campbell. I think the problem with playing Campbell at the 4 is that Lulka, French and Lauderdale are actually playing OK (off and on.) The other problem with playing Campbell at the 4 is that none of the other candidates for more minutes (Miller, Brooks, De Sousa) have been playing well enough to warrant more minutes.

There's still a lot of auditioning going on and it will probably last when Rizzuo and Flory come back.

If there was a bright spot from this weekend, it was Lulka. He's strung 3 double digit scoring games in a row together.

Edited by Dane Pound

11 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I am beyond puzzled by this post.  Even if half of it is T.I.C., are you really watching the players off the ball?  

Brooks is BY FAR the worst "regular" player we have.  By LIGHT YEARS.  Not even good defense.  Really agree with you on French...but Lauderdale is actually playing somewhat well. Remember he's a JUCO big.  I am quite happy with Lauderdale, Lulka, and French's development.  Hanks is basically non-existent right now.  He's a big dude...it may take him a bit longer to get it.

Miller is more influential than you think.  He's never been known as a shooter...but plays pretty good D.  I actually wonder if he was hurt (he came up lame yesterday), which affected his PT time today.

Of course much of this is TIC. And I agree Brooks is/has been BAD, even said he may have already blown his chance. But we absolutely NEED HELP defensively and bringing ball up; and IMHO I have seen nothing from Miller addressing either of these issues. Like you say, he may bring some intangibles, but looking at our record and play, I DON"T SEE IT. And  of course I really do not think Fruscio as the answer. So you been watching off the ball, who or what do you see as our defensive and turnover answer?

Not TIC:  Campbell is/should be nothing more than in a supporting role and Lauderdale even more so. IMHO.

19 minutes ago, KingDane said:

Does anyone actually know Rizzuto's status and estimated return?. I read where in addition to his orthopedic maladies he also has pneumonia. 

From yesterday's pregame show

Rizzuto will see the doctor Monday, expected to be cleared to play. Of course, who knows what kind of shape he's in at this point.

Flory expected to be cleared for non-contact basketball activities at the same time.