UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #9: 12/8/18 - 7PM vs Monmouth

Eli

10 hours ago, Eli said:

They are in that corner virtually every game. Benson often walks around though and stops by our section because prez Rodriquez sits in our section on the first row in the corner almost every game. I love that he attends. The last guy was a tool and never attended games...at least from what I remember.

No, Dr. Jones was there (in the same seats, must be reserved for the president.) It's where he told me he didn't know exactly where was the land that the U got for the cybersecurity building.

He's right behind announcer Bob Picozzi in this picture of the Hooley shot (the only fan in a suit)

CECQniHWoAAg_kT.jpg

11 hours ago, alum73 said:

Olean is in the middle of nowhere.  If you live there you'll be delighted to go to a game.  Like living in the North Country, every hockey game is the place to be.  

The Bonnie’s drew 5480 against UB this past Saturday. Of course SBU is A-10 and UB is MAC, undefeated, #17 and from western NY. Avg A-10 attendance is way more than America East. I know they need to raise revenue whenever possible, but charging $10 to park to watch a game for a currently losing squad in a nearly half empty building does not seem to be smart marketing. And against a team that is 0-10. 

10 hours ago, Eli said:

prez Rodriquez sits in our section on the first row in the corner almost every game. I love that he attends.

Havidan {I can call him by his first name after sitting with him last year at a Volleyball game. It was just after the hurricane in Puerto Rico and we had a nice discussion about the devastation and that he still had family there--of course I do not call him by his first name in person} and his beautiful wife walk by my seats pretty nearly every game and say hello. For you younger guys, the previous home game the Rodriquezs' had their beautiful daughters with them. I also love that they attend!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

No, Dr. Jones was there (in the same seats, must be reserved for the president.) It's where he told me he didn't know exactly where was the land that the U got for the cybersecurity building.

He's right behind announcer Bob Picozzi in this picture of the Hooley shot (the only fan in a suit)

CECQniHWoAAg_kT.jpg

I'm sure he's attended a bunch of games but he was not at every game like Rodriguez seems to be. Jones, generally speaking, was not a pro-sports President if I recall (might not have been anti-sports though either, to be fair...more likely was 'indifferent'). He seemed to only attend the 'big ones' like BPG or select FB games when something had to be presented at midfield (honoring a veteran, senior night, etc.). I'm glad Jones is gone. Didn't like the guy.

LOL @ that pic. My phone is covering my face so I watched the moment on my screen but you know what? No ragrets (who gets the reference?)! My jumping up and down still recording and just the chaos happening on my screen always gives me the warm fuzzies lol.

Edited by Eli

12 minutes ago, Eli said:

LOL @ that pic. My phone is covering my face so I watched the moment on my screen but you know what? No ragrets (who gets the reference?)! My jumping up and down still recording and just the chaos happening on my screen always gives me the warm fuzzies lol.

I was in my old seats on the other side of the arena during that pic instead of in 200. Your shaky video always makes me smile though

29 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Looks like Gattuso is in that pic

Yep. Too bad he didn't learn how to win in that moment....heyoooooo!

Believe it or not, it's actually possible. When the Miami Heat lost the 2011 NBA Finals to the Dallas Mavericks, Erik Spoelstra spent the summer re-inventing the Heat offense (later dubbed the "Pace and Space" offense) by meeting with the head coach of the Oregon Ducks football team (Chip Kelly).

If Spo could do it that way, why can't Losertusso steal something from Brown? lol.

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

I was in my old seats on the other side of the arena during that pic instead of in 200. Your shaky video always makes me smile though

Greatest sports moment ever for me (so far). Nothing beats that day. Not even the 3 NBA titles my favorite NBA team has won.

Edited by Eli

1 minute ago, Eli said:

Greatest sports moment ever for me (so far). Nothing beats that day. Not even the 3 NBA titles my favorite NBA team has won.

Me too.  Having nothing to do with the backstory of Peter Hooley:

Just the 2-6 start to the year with a team of mostly new players after a tournament appearance, then the team gels and runs to 15-1 in league. A championship game at home against the team that handed UA its only loss (also at home) then being behind the entire game, followed by a slow comeback. A packed arena full with people who thought they lost the game with a corner full of the opposing fans going nuts after a drive to the hoop is too strong and misses, only to have Warney tip the ball out to a 3-point shooter who drains it - for the win - making the crowd go crazy while that opposing corner goes completely silent and doesn't move from shock for at least 10 minutes? 

Yup, not sure that  moment could possibly be topped. If it could, I sure hope I am there. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eli said:

Believe it or not, it's actually possible. When the Miami Heat lost the 2011 NBA Finals to the Dallas Mavericks, Erik Spoelstra spent the summer re-inventing the Heat offense (later dubbed the "Pace and Space" offense) by meeting with the head coach of the Oregon Ducks football team (Chip Kelly).

If Spo could do it that way, why can't Losertusso steal something from Brown? lol.

He didn't have to go that far. That's Coach Abe in the orange coat on his left.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Siena lost in OT at home to Monmouth tonight (60-63). The MAAC is really bad this year. Siena looked really lost on offense. Despite our frustration with this year's squad, I think we would beat Siena on any court this year.

That's a bold statement MA

12 hours ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Siena lost in OT at home to Monmouth tonight (60-63). The MAAC is really bad this year. Siena looked really lost on offense. Despite our frustration with this year's squad, I think we would beat Siena on any court this year.

There will be some what if's this year; the Albany Cup game is one of them.

Edited by cwdickens
Spelling