Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

On 12/13/2018 at 7:35 PM, Capital District Lax said:

The pole would be Connor Flood, a graduate transfer from Hobart.  He is an Albany Academy grad.  I don’t know anything about his status, though.

I just checked him out.  Not that great a player, only started 3 games at Hobart.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I just checked him out.  Not that great a player, only started 3 games at Hobart.  

 

Yep, no transfers that are likely to make any sort of impact. No idea who the alleged impact transfer might have been, but that obviously didn't materialize. More than anything going to need a lot of development out of the offensive midfield this year to have another solid season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Yep, no transfers that are likely to make any sort of impact. No idea who the alleged impact transfer might have been, but that obviously didn't materialize. More than anything going to need a lot of development out of the offensive midfield this year to have another solid season.

Yep. And there are some very optimistic prediction from some guys.  I see a tough season ahead.  We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Yep. And there are some very optimistic prediction from some guys.  I see a tough season ahead.  We'll see.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I am confident in saying our path to the NCAA's this year is to win the AE tournament, and I wouldn't be shocked if we don't host it this year. We have one of the toughest out of conference schedules this year and I wouldn't be surprised if we start out 1-4 or 2-3 and then wind up with at worst the 2nd seed in the AE. This is going to be a season about getting better every game, and staying upbeat through what could be a tough start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I'm not sure yet, but I think I am confident in saying our path to the NCAA's this year is to win the AE tournament, and I wouldn't be shocked if we don't host it this year. We have one of the toughest out of conference schedules this year and I wouldn't be surprised if we start out 1-4 or 2-3 and then wind up with at worst the 2nd seed in the AE. This is going to be a season about getting better every game, and staying upbeat through what could be a tough start.

Exactly what I thought!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Yep. And there are some very optimistic prediction from some guys.  I see a tough season ahead.  We'll see.

Hof,  What happened to always being positive?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I'm not sure yet, but I think I am confident in saying our path to the NCAA's this year is to win the AE tournament, and I wouldn't be shocked if we don't host it this year. We have one of the toughest out of conference schedules this year and I wouldn't be surprised if we start out 1-4 or 2-3 and then wind up with at worst the 2nd seed in the AE. This is going to be a season about getting better every game, and staying upbeat through what could be a tough start.

2018,  I know all of this is just speculation right now, but who do you see beating us out to host? The only team I see much improved is vermont and that is based on a "supposedly strong" freshman (mostly Canadian) class. As far as strength returning, I cannot see anybody to match UA, even with ALL our question marks. IL had vermont maybe sniffing top 25: no other AmEast even close. Anyhow, cannot wait for the season; as you say it should prove be an interesting one for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dslyank said:

2018,  I know all of this is just speculation right now, but who do you see beating us out to host? The only team I see much improved is vermont and that is based on a "supposedly strong" freshman (mostly Canadian) class. As far as strength returning, I cannot see anybody to match UA, even with ALL our question marks. IL had vermont maybe sniffing top 25: no other AmEast even close. Anyhow, cannot wait for the season; as you say it should prove be an interesting one for sure.

Stony Brook had a very young team last year, and I think they will give us a run and we play there this year in the final AE game. I don't think Vermont is the same without McKay, but they do have a solid goalie and FOGO, and that game is away as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Stony Brook had a very young team last year, and I think they will give us a run and we play there this year in the final AE game. I don't think Vermont is the same without McKay, but they do have a solid goalie and FOGO, and that game is away as well. 

 

If you don't show up mentally and physically for every conference game, anyone can beat you,  ie. our #1 ranked squad last year vs UMBC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dslyank said:

Hof,  What happened to always being positive?

Don't be an ass.  I am NOT attacking coaches constantly as you do.  I am mentioning the overall schedule and how I think the team will do.  TOTALLY a different animal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Don't be an ass.  I am NOT attacking coaches constantly as you do.  I am mentioning the overall schedule and how I think the team will do.  TOTALLY a different animal.  

I am not going to get into a war of words with you; but I'm am not going to let you call me an a$$ and get away with hit. Slandering is NOT allowed on this blog and I hope DP gives you a reprimand at least. But for your information I do not "constantly" attack coaches or for that matter anyone else. Probably the most negative thing I've posted in the past two years is I thought Mr. Benson was premature in granting Gattuso an extension. While I may react "LIKE" to opinions expressed on this blog (and opinions that EVERYONE is entitled to, no matter what, as long as they are appropriate and do NOT personally attack blog members); I challenge you to find these "constant" attacks you claim I am making. 

You have called me and others idiots and have denigrated our posts and "opinions" because we've never coached or played. Sorry, you took offense that I notices you NOT being positive; and then you make a lame excuse that negative scheduling posts are different than negative coaching comments. Well, IMHO I do not see any difference here--negative is negative. And as far as I'm concerned you are as welcome as anyone to be as negative as you want. But you are NOT welcome to call me or anyone else an a$$ or an idiot and positively WRONG claiming I "constantly" make attack on coaches. IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) you break every rule written or intended of this blog and should be banned.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Stony Brook had a very young team last year, and I think they will give us a run and we play there this year in the final AE game. I don't think Vermont is the same without McKay, but they do have a solid goalie and FOGO, and that game is away as well. 

 

2018, You have a much better grasp of team rosters and personnel than I. Last year brook was 7-8 overall and NO quality wins that I could see. They were 5-1 in a weak AmEast, and lost to vermont in the tournament. Granted any team can lose on any week (aka UA's loss to umbc.) I assume, but do not know that brook loss some players also, but based on 7-8 & 5-1, I question if they have a stronger returning class than UA. I also know nothing about their incoming class, but agree with IL that vermont should be our number AmEast challenger. If I had to guess or predict, UA will not go undefeated in the league; but everyone else will beat up on each other equally and hence we will will still win the auto bid. 

This does NOT say I do not respect your assessment about brook. I asked you who you thought could challenge UA for the auto bid and I most certainly appreciate your input.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I am not going to get into a war of words with you; but I'm am not going to let you call me an a$$ and get away with hit. Slandering is NOT allowed on this blog and I hope DP gives you a reprimand at least. But for your information I do not "constantly" attack coaches or for that matter anyone else. Probably the most negative thing I've posted in the past two years is I thought Mr. Benson was premature in granting Gattuso an extension. While I may react "LIKE" to opinions expressed on this blog (and opinions that EVERYONE is entitled to, no matter what, as long as they are appropriate and do NOT personally attack blog members); I challenge you to find these "constant" attacks you claim I am making. 

You have called me and others idiots and have denigrated our posts and "opinions" because we've never coached or played. Sorry, you took offense that I notices you NOT being positive; and then you make a lame excuse that negative scheduling posts are different than negative coaching comments. Well, IMHO I do not see any difference here--negative is negative. And as far as I'm concerned you are as welcome as anyone to be as negative as you want. But you are NOT welcome to call me or anyone else an a$$ or an idiot and positively WRONG claiming I "constantly" make attack on coaches. IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) you break every rule written or intended of this blog and should be banned.

You have to understand, selective negativity is OK...Marr's check must be lost in the mail...

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dslyank said:

2018, You have a much better grasp of team rosters and personnel than I. Last year brook was 7-8 overall and NO quality wins that I could see. They were 5-1 in a weak AmEast, and lost to vermont in the tournament. Granted any team can lose on any week (aka UA's loss to umbc.) I assume, but do not know that brook loss some players also, but based on 7-8 & 5-1, I question if they have a stronger returning class than UA. I also know nothing about their incoming class, but agree with IL that vermont should be our number AmEast challenger. If I had to guess or predict, UA will not go undefeated in the league; but everyone else will beat up on each other equally and hence we will will still win the auto bid. 

This does NOT say I do not respect your assessment about brook. I asked you who you thought could challenge UA for the auto bid and I most certainly appreciate your input.

We had Connor Fields who was the ultimate team player to lead the team after Lyle graduated.  While Connor wasn't a vocal leader, he also had a really strong group of classmates around him. I'm not sure we have that leader. One might expect Tehoka to have filled that void being arguably the best player on the team, but with his absence in the fall when those bonds are built I am not so sure.

My more cautious view about this season is based upon not knowing who that guy or guys are who will step up in crunch time, and I don't have a warm and fuzzy about the goalie situation. If Tehoka matures as a player and can be that unselfish leader and we get a surprise contributor at midfield then I think while it may not be pretty, then the Danes are the clear favorite in the AE. I just don't see that yet, but am looking forward to seeing what it looks like at Rutgers in about a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made the Final 4 last year and for years have been very close.  Totally surprising with all of the negative comments.  Will we ever have a 50/50 response on comments??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...