UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Not so much negative as trying to be realistic this year. Albany loses arguably its most accomplished senior class ever, the most high profile transfer maybe ever in college lacrosse leaves, two new coaches, and I think I heard a comment from Coach Marr that up to fifteen guys who have played very little could be counted on this year to contribute this season, and your top player misses the entire fall season.

That's a lot of transition. 

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

I think/hope Tehoka steps forward. Unlike Connor & Lyle who led "quietly", Tehoka seems to be more fiery. A few times last year maybe too much so. But I agree with something you (2018) said in the past, how hard he worked and spending an extra year @ IMG to get to college. He was the number 1 recruit in the country for a reason and he certainly held his own in the FILA against some of the best players in the world (many older and more experienced.) I/We may never know what the fall absence was all about; and I absolutely agree had he been with the team, fall ball would have been a great place to bond and for him to assume the leadership position. Nevertheless, I fully expect/hope that the fire and desire in him comes roaring out this spring. Rutgers should be a good first test.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 7:22 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Not so much negative as trying to be realistic this year. Albany loses arguably its most accomplished senior class ever, the most high profile transfer maybe ever in college lacrosse leaves, two new coaches, and I think I heard a comment from Coach Marr that up to fifteen guys who have played very little could be counted on this year to contribute this season, and your top player misses the entire fall season.

That's a lot of transition. 

Absolutely.  Could be a tough year or it could be better than many think if the young guys step up.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:05 PM, dslyank said:

I think/hope Tehoka steps forward. Unlike Connor & Lyle who led "quietly", Tehoka seems to be more fiery. A few times last year maybe too much so. But I agree with something you (2018) said in the past, how hard he worked and spending an extra year @ IMG to get to college. He was the number 1 recruit in the country for a reason and he certainly held his own in the FILA against some of the best players in the world (many older and more experienced.) I/We may never know what the fall absence was all about; and I absolutely agree had he been with the team, fall ball would have been a great place to bond and for him to assume the leadership position. Nevertheless, I fully expect/hope that the fire and desire in him comes roaring out this spring. Rutgers should be a good first test.

They will continue to play together from now until official start of the season.  Hopefully that part of things will be fine, should be.  Def has to be good and the middies and attack have to mesh.

19 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

They will continue to play together from now until official start of the season.  Hopefully that part of things will be fine, should be.  Def has to be good and the middies and attack have to mesh.

I think the boys go back in about ten days or so for some bounding and then hit it. Looking forward to seeing them play against a very good Rutgers team on the 26th.

15 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I think the boys go back in about ten days or so for some bounding and then hit it. Looking forward to seeing them play against a very good Rutgers team on the 26th.

Is that a Scrimage?

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting a little tired of some of these pre-season polls and slights. How is Bryant rated ahead of UA in Quints top 20 ( 2018 record barely above 500 and from a weaker conference ?)  In fact 10-20 no team even remotely close to UA in record, 2018 ratings, quality wins, etc; and I won't even get into 1-9, but how does cuse rate a top 10. I know the pre-polls are all about 2019 and what/who each team has and not about the past. But unless you have the "gift" of seeing the future, pollsters just seem to like to go out on a limb and try and show how smart or in most case "stupid" they are. OK I got that off my chest.

But how in blazes is Tehoka NOT on the top 10 watch list??????  He had more points than all but 3 of the candidates (and only off #3 by one point.)  NONE of the other candidates had 50 GOALS and his total is 10 more than most of the others. I hope like the team, Tehoka uses these pre-season polls as a motivator. Not that any of the pollsters ever face the public afterwards and acknowledge how "STUPID" they are.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I am getting a little tired of some of these pre-season polls and slights. How is Bryant rated ahead of UA in Quints top 20 ( 2018 record barely above 500 and from a weaker conference ?)  In fact 10-20 no team even remotely close to UA in record, 2018 ratings, quality wins, etc; and I won't even get into 1-9, but how does cuse rate a top 10. I know the pre-polls are all about 2019 and what/who each team has and not about the past. But unless you have the "gift" of seeing the future, pollsters just seem to like to go out on a limb and try and show how smart or in most case "stupid" they are. OK I got that off my chest.

But how in blazes is Tehoka NOT on the top 10 watch list??????  He had more points than all but 3 of the candidates (and only off #3 by one point.)  NONE of the other candidates had 50 GOALS and his total is 10 more than most of the others. I hope like the team, Tehoka uses these pre-season polls as a motivator. Not that any of the pollsters ever face the public afterwards and acknowledge how "STUPID" they are.

Quint has never liked UA.  He thinks we are a Community College-type program

25 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I saw something on social media about a scrimmage with Rutgers.  Did that happen or is it happening today?

Scrimmage is happening right now. Rutgers evidently doesn't allow spectators inside to watch. If I get any details I will pass them on.

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

I know everyone is using the lack of respect to motivate themselves, and I think it actually is a good thing. It takes the pressure off after a pretty turbulent offseason.

I was listenting to a podcast of a preview of the AE conference, and I think both of the guys have a vote in the media poll. On one hand we should be fortunate that guys who's first job is doing something else trying to cover lacrosse, but they just don't have the bandwidth to do any real homework for the most part. They were clueless about Albany, and they comprise the media poll.