UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #16: 1/5/19 - 7PM vs UVM **COACHES CURE CF GAME**

Interesting that bench points were 31-2. Exactly the difference in the final score. If our starters are having an off night shooting, there are no sparks to go to on the bench. I need to keep reminding myself that there are the four freshmen out there vs the class of the league. Lulka played a heck of a game despite not being 100%. UVM was far superior in terms of experienced talent, crispness of execution and defensive intensity. We did not have a single player in foul trouble which is surprising to me considering how they were getting taken to the woodshed. Lack of fight or just resignation? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clickclack said:

You are comparing us on one of our worst days and them playing their A- game... Of course a 25 year old ernie Duncan is gonna look better then Healey, Rizzuto or Clarke.

He's 25? For real? 

24 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Interesting that bench points were 31-2. Exactly the difference in the final score. If our starters are having an off night shooting, there are no sparks to go to on the bench. I need to keep reminding myself that there are the four freshmen out there vs the class of the league. Lulka played a heck of a game despite not being 100%. UVM was far superior in terms of experienced talent, crispness of execution and defensive intensity. We did not have a single player in foul trouble which is surprising to me considering how they were getting taken to the woodshed. Lack of fight or just resignation? 

That's stunning. I wonder what the lowest bench output in the D1 era is. Have we ever had the bench score 0?

The UA bench was 1 for 8 in 48 min of playing time. We had three starters 35 min +and UVM had nobody over 25. There is no bench for UA. Only 4 UA players had a rebound. Curiously, we did just fine on turnovers and steals. 

• Sad 1

One of the worst outings I can remember. I felt like the team was constantly getting smacked in the mouth and didn't do anything about it. They just stood there and took it. I understand to a certain point it was the difference in talent, but rebounding and going after loose balls is effort. And so what if in a 20 point game you go after a rebound and it gets a little more physical than intended. At some point you have to get fed up with getting your butt kicked and push back a little. The team needs to show more fire.

I would like to see them throw the ball in the post a little more and work inside out as well. So much action happens outside the 3 point line and then there are 10 seconds left on the shot clock and we scramble to make something happen. We rarely get to the free throw line and hardly ever get out in transition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dane06grad said:

One of the worst outings I can remember. I felt like the team was constantly getting smacked in the mouth and didn't do anything about it. They just stood there and took it. I understand to a certain point it was the difference in talent, but rebounding and going after loose balls is effort. And so what if in a 20 point game you go after a rebound and it gets a little more physical than intended. At some point you have to get fed up with getting your butt kicked and push back a little. The team needs to show more fire.

I would like to see them throw the ball in the post a little more and work inside out as well. So much action happens outside the 3 point line and then there are 10 seconds left on the shot clock and we scramble to make something happen. We rarely get to the free throw line and hardly ever get out in transition. 

Absolutely correct, the offense is soooooo monotonous.   Same thing down the floor every time.  Toss around the perimeter,  a big touches it at the top of the circle, shot clock winding down, hoist up a 3.  Once in a while a desperation drive into the lane leading to an offensive foul or traveling call.   CB is known as a good X and O guy so must be the talent or BB IQ that is causing the plays on the court to be run inefficiently and ineffectively. 

Don't see it improving as 16 games in, it hasn't.   As Click said, next season should be better.  Write this season off as a rebuild but CB MUST start playing the bench more in the last 16 games.  Need to see what they have and more importantly, keep up the MORALE.  Guarantee there are guys on the bench who see the starters getting roughed up and are thinking, "hey, I can do better than that maybe, give me a shot coach".  We don't need defections at season end and start next season with more roster turnover. 

I would take a small amount of turnover if it meant we could get another big who was productive or a 3 guard who could drive to the hoop and get to the line. Which we might get through the graduation of 2 guys and possibly 1 defection. There always seems to be 1 or 2 from the end of the bench. We do not need a major roster overhaul again though, no way. 

When the program has had sustained success and gotten to the tourney it typically comes from a core of 4 year guys with a few Juco players sprinkled in. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dane06grad said:

I would take a small amount of turnover if it meant we could get another big who was productive or a 3 guard who could drive to the hoop and get to the line. Which we might get through the graduation of 2 guys and possibly 1 defection. There always seems to be 1 or 2 from the end of the bench. We do not need a major roster overhaul again though, no way. 

When the program has had sustained success and gotten to the tourney it typically comes from a core of 4 year guys with a few Juco players sprinkled in. 

I'm execring a wing and a pg juco in the spring... My personal feeling is we have the foundation here of the next great team... Yes I'm still very high or Rizzuto, Healey, Lulka and even Hanks... Last night nothing changed for me long term. Doherty will fold right into this up and coming group... That will be the foundation next half decade. Yes we are taking our lumps right now. 

I keep going back to how aweful Moll looked even playing with much more talent around him. Yet we have four guys like that who are trying to figure d1 out. 

Edited by Clickclack

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

The more I ponder I the more I'm upset about Campbell 24 minutes 2pts and 0 rebounds and de Sousa can't get in... We aren't going anywhere this season... Enough of Campbell... PLEASE 

There must be a reason De Sousa can't get in. If its as bad as it was last night, and we all seem to be in agreement that it was bad, and he can't get in then the kid must be missing something. Maybe he isn't embracing his role or what they are asking him to do/be? 

Or, he will be a guy that gets inserted a few games in to the conference schedule (Like Campbell a few years ago) and provides a spark that the team builds off of.

There was a point last night where coach called his number, he stood up, and then he pulled him back before he got to the scorers table. 

7 minutes ago, Dane06grad said:

There must be a reason De Sousa can't get in. If its as bad as it was last night, and we all seem to be in agreement that it was bad, and he can't get in then the kid must be missing something. Maybe he isn't embracing his role or what they are asking him to do/be? 

Or, he will be a guy that gets inserted a few games in to the conference schedule (Like Campbell a few years ago) and provides a spark that the team builds off of.

There was a point last night where coach called his number, he stood up, and then he pulled him back before he got to the scorers table. 

I saw that as well... I honestly just don't want to watch Campbell try to play basketball any more. My gag reflex kicks in... I'm sure he's a great kid and human being but it's to painful. 

I think de Sousa can get us 2pts and 0reb...and learning for next year. 

Edited by Clickclack

Brown has earned a TON of runway with this basketball program as far as not having to answer to most things going on but quite frankly, he needs to explain WTH he's doing with Campbell. Even if the response is, 'he's a senior and I'm loyal'. I don't watch pressers but can't someone from the media (ROGER????) ask him this? Right now, it is inexcusable the amount of time that kid is getting, senior or not. He needs to be one of the last guys off the bench. Not starting or one of the first.  He is a liability on both ends of the floor save for 1 or 2 flashes every 4-5 games.

Edited by Eli

32 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I saw that as well... I honestly just don't want to watch Campbell try to play basketball any more. My gag reflex kicks in... I'm sure he's a great kid and human being but it's to painful. 

I think de Sousa can get us 2pts and 0reb...and learning for next year. 

I'm glad u guys are coming around.  I have nothing against the man personally but he has no business playing 25+ minutes on a rebuilding team . 

Edited by UA1882