Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRSGDG

[MBB] Game #16: 1/5/19 - 7PM vs UVM **COACHES CURE CF GAME**

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

They wouldn't open, they were stuck. So rather than a big empty spot they put GDAC there for the game.

Got it, so things are breaking now! Even better hah. Like click said leave like that. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back and watched a little bit of the game. Kept my breakfast down too! I'm certainly not going to criticize WB and his offensive schemes, but there's quite a contrast watching UVM come down and UA come down. There's a lot of movement to UA that (at least in this game) produced very little in the way of improved shot opportunities. UVM came down and everyone pretty much went to their place, some drives started and kicked back if the lane wasn't there, a little movement to set up screens, but otherwise a lot a lot of crisp passing and quick shots that were invariably open because our D wasn't keeping up the pace. I can never understand how a team can be so cold at home, shooting at the same baskets they use in practice day after day. Chalk it up to live action nerves and UVM's D I guess. OK, I've run out of stuff to say....on to Maine!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eli said:

I thought this was interesting. Granted we don't have many students who come to games but IMO they should always do this as it send the fans who'd normally sit there (and/or the Band) to another section and helps fill out the main sections of the arena.

Can someone explain to me what the extended GDAC section is?

Disregard. I went to the replay and saw.  Looks like a great spot to hang out.  Can you drink beer that?

Edited by DanesRGood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Can someone explain to me what the extended GDAC section is?

Disregard. I went to the replay and saw.  Looks like a great spot to hang out.  Can you drink beer that?

If you can drink beer there, I 100% agree that we should keep the GDAC club section there. Put the band behind the visitor bench or something. 

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exposure is the primary reason for moving GDAC out to the end of court.  If GDAC is going to be your main source of raising funds, you need to put in a spot where they can be seen.  I have seen Benson over in that area during games.  Perhaps, he sees limited student support so why not use the area to snag new GDAC members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

Can someone explain to me what the extended GDAC section is?

Disregard. I went to the replay and saw.  Looks like a great spot to hang out.  Can you drink beer that?

Like the football GDAC Section, you need to have a pass to enter the area. I believe all you need to get passes to the football one is season tickets and be a GDAC member with over $100 in donations in the last year (most season tix have mandatory donations so you instantly qualify). To get passes for basketball you need to be a higher roller when it comes to donations. Courtside season ticket holders and I people with higher level donations. I think it is $1,000 in donations in the last year, but I could be wrong. That was what someone was saying behind me last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Exposure is the primary reason for moving GDAC out to the end of court.  If GDAC is going to be your main source of raising funds, you need to put in a spot where they can be seen.  I have seen Benson over in that area during games.  Perhaps, he sees limited student support so why not use the area to snag new GDAC members.

I've been a season ticket holder and a GDAC member (football), and I didn't really know or care what that section was prior to last night. Now I am interested in going down there and having a beer. Seems pretty awesome. The $1k price tag for entry, if true, is pretty steep ... . Perhaps admin could explore having a Biergarten for everyone down there during the game. Bet it would be popular!!

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

I've been a season ticket holder and a GDAC member (football), and I didn't really know or care what that section was prior to last night. Now I am interested in going down there and having a beer. Seems pretty awesome. The $1k price tag for entry, if true, is pretty steep ... . Perhaps admin could explore having a Biergarten for everyone down there during the game. Bet it would be popular!!

People have made fun of me for making similar comments when talking about how to boost attendance. Saying the HOF room for a beer is fine. I know many people that do not go because they can not drink a beer and watch live action at the same time. Even some Siena haters saying they would rather see them at the TUC because they can bring a beer to their seat. Keeping it there and finding ways to allow more people in that section would be amazing. Maybe keep the area in the corner for the real high rollers with the buffet they offer, then make the baseline section a lower minimum donation to be able to enter. The place isn't selling out these days anyway. Might as well use the real estate if they have it. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, godanesgo99 said:

People have made fun of me for making similar comments when talking about how to boost attendance. Saying the HOF room for a beer is fine. I know many people that do not go because they can not drink a beer and watch live action at the same time. Even some Siena haters saying they would rather see them at the TUC because they can bring a beer to their seat. Keeping it there and finding ways to allow more people in that section would be amazing. Maybe keep the are in the corner for the real high rollers with the buffet they offer, then make the baseline section a lower minimum donation to be able to enter. The place isn't selling out these days anyway. Might as well use the real estate if they have it. 

Amen brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Got it, so things are breaking now! Even better hah. Like click said leave like that. 

I agree. Leave it for every game except the growl.

Can anyone 21 or older go in there and get beers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dane06grad said:

I agree. Leave it for every game except the growl.

Can anyone 21 or older go in there and get beers?

You need a GDAC Pass to get into that section. Only people that get those are courtside season ticket holders and people that qualify at a certain GDAC level. It is unconfirmed what that level is, but I have heard it is $1,000 or more. I qualify for SEFCU lot parking at both basketball and football, but did not qualify for passes to this section, so I know it is above what I pay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

You need a GDAC Pass to get into that section. Only people that get those are courtside season ticket holders and people that qualify at a certain GDAC level. It is unconfirmed what that level is, but I have heard it is $1,000 or more. I qualify for SEFCU lot parking at both basketball and football, but did not qualify for passes to this section, so I know it is above what I pay.  

Like some have mentioned, I would love to see them open up a section like that to everyone, then have the GDAC section as well. Even if the GDAC section is a private spot within the general area. I think its a great idea and an excellent way to generate extra revenue and add to the fan experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The GDAC membership is very reasonable if you want quality sports teams---athletic scholarships are very expensive.  GDAC memberships are not only contributions but also season tickets.  We are in the top 100 of GDAC contributors of over 10,000 and contribute  only 1200-1500 per year.  Get out your check books or make that card slide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oldtimer said:

The GDAC membership is very reasonable if you want quality sports teams---athletic scholarships are very expensive.  GDAC memberships are not only contributions but also season tickets.  We are in the top 100 of GDAC contributors of over 10,000 and contribute  only 1200-1500 per year.  Get out your check books or make that card slide.

To be honest with you, I can donate much more than I do . Once I see a commitment to ualbany sports (because right now its amateur hour) , I will donate substantially more.  I'm sure I'm not alone with that sentiment. 

I will not renew my football season tickets, so my donations with decrease again. 

 

FYI I'm ranked in the lower 400's. 

Edited by UA1882

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...