UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11: 12/15/18 - 3PM vs Dartmouth

Eli

As good as they looked in the first half, they looked equally as bad in the second. Still, you can see the building blocks. If they were all upper class men I would be discouraged, but they have time for much improvement. Travis Charles would have been really handy this year. No one seems to be able to step up and hit the mid range jumpers that are usually there. 

• Like 3

There are pieces on this team that keep me encouraged with the understanding that its going to be a down year. What discourages me is that this team has gotten obliterated on the boards the last 4 games. One thing you could usually hang your hat on about an Albany team is that they were going to push you around down low and dominate the boards, or at least be even. I feel the bigs just don't do that much, and they certainly are not banging down low. The guard play has been good, the turnovers have gone down and the games, for the most part, are pretty competitive. Hopefully the bigs progress.

• Like 1

Can't really complain about the defense. Can complain about the rebounding.

The young guys are going to be inconsistent and they were - Lulka, Rizzuto and Healy combined 6 for 28. A good night by just one guy in that group and we're in the game or winning it at the end.

The play I liked last night was when Lauderdale caught the ball in the post, backed Knight down and scored. Then, he didn't get the ball again. Granted, he fouled at an elite level and couldn't stay in the game. I'd like to see him stay on the court and get the ball a little more.

If nothing else, I'm enjoying watching Ahmad Clark. He's pretty much doing everything he can this year.

Hey cwDickens:  It was the "Tale of Two" Halves. "It was the best of times, it was the worse of times."

UA played perhaps the best first half of the last couple of season at least. Witnessed what this team is capable of and hopefully WILL become. In the second half, as shot after shot kept missing you could see heads droop lower and lower. Some of the shots were down in the cylinder, some rimmed out, & some were not even close; but no matter what, the ball would not go throw the hoop. Even missed ½ our foul shoots, even though the sample was small (3-6 I think). Went from +2 rebounding in the first half to -13 for the game.

I don't really know what to say: it has been YEARS since I read "Tale of Two Cities" ; but recall it had a happy ending. I could be wrong.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dane Pound said:

Can't really complain about the defense. Can complain about the rebounding.

The young guys are going to be inconsistent and they were - Lulka, Rizzuto and Healy combined 6 for 28. A good night by just one guy in that group and we're in the game or winning it at the end.

The play I liked last night was when Lauderdale caught the ball in the post, backed Knight down and scored. Then, he didn't get the ball again. Granted, he fouled at an elite level and couldn't stay in the game. I'd like to see him stay on the court and get the ball a little more.

If nothing else, I'm enjoying watching Ahmad Clark. He's pretty much doing everything he can this year.

Fouled at an elite level 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Hey cwDickens:  It was the "Tale of Two" Halves. "It was the best of times, it was the worse of times."

I see what you did there there Yank. That's some high level message board posting there. So, you have Great Expectations for this group, then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do think we need to improve in many areas offensively but mostly down low.  Next year we bring in a 6'5 and 6'7, so that wont help a ton. However I heard the 6'7 can really pass from the post. Flory being 6'5 does not help us there and I think would take minutes away from one of our young guards. Redshirt him . 

Maybe de Sousa is practicing poorly, because he is not playing great either,  but he is very athletic.  I would love to see him split time with Campbell. Let Campbell start and unless he is playing lights out , sub him from Sousa. 

Edited by UA1882

38 minutes ago, Eli said:

Fouled at an elite level 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 fouls in 11 minutes. I can totally respect that because that's how I play defense. I just want to see him on the court more. Some of it is just being bigger and stronger than the other guy and he takes the worse of any contact. Tim Ambrose was pretty foul prone early in his career for that reason.

Doesn't seem like this team attacks the hoop and gets to the line as well as other teams in the past. Typically Will Brown teams live at the line, and shoot a very high percentage when they are there. We had certain boxes that were always checked (free throws, rebounding, getting the other team in foul trouble) on the teams that won at a high percentage. I am wondering if this team gets back to doing the things that have made us a successful program, will they start playing for a full 40 minutes, winning games and closing out the close ones. 

25 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

I see what you did there there Yank. That's some high level message board posting there. So, you have Great Expectations for this group, then?

Attendance was 1740. Better start winning, or by March SEFCU will be a Bleak House.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Defense was better, specificly on the top ball screen and help. However they are still slow on rotation and assignments after the second ball rotation.  

Offensively we missed several open shots.  We have zero and I mean zero post offense.  That there lies the issue . We were 7 for 11 on 3s to start. Then they started to hedge big because they did not need to worry about the low post. 

Please please please please please redshirt Flory. No need to waste a season.  

Does it matter what flory wants? 

50 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Attendance was 1740. Better start winning, or by March SEFCU will be a Bleak House.

It is already a bleak house.... 

• BU: 2579
  • Oneonta: 1659
  • Holy Cross: 1614
  • Monmouth: 1902
  • Dartmouth: 1740

Average Home Attendance by Season:

• 18-19 through 5: 1899
  • 17-18: 2474
  • 16-17: 2654
  • 15-16: 3161
  • 14-15: 3390
  • 13-14: 2656
  • 12-13: 2904
  • 11-12: 2480
  • 10-11: 2163
  • 09-10: 2646
  • 08-09: 2826
  • 07-08: 3031
  • 06-07: 3175
  • 05-06: 2541
  • 04-05: 2040
  • 03-04: 1193
  • 02-03: 1803
  • 01-02: 1516
  • 00-01: 2251

On pace to average below 2000 per game for the first time since the 2003-2004 season, and it looks like they have a shot to move into 3rd worst attendance attendance in the D1 era. 

Mark Benson and the Athletic Department have taken a lot of heat on this board because of the stuff going on in Casey Stadium and the football team, but this is really, really sad so far this season. I know it has been brought up a bunch of times on the board that the increased prices for tickets and parking are really hurting the attendance, but I am still have a hard time believe that is making that much of a difference. $10 bucks is keeping people away? I know they had a promotion for $3 tickets for this game. Going cheap didn't seem to help. FYI: Benson was hired before the start of the 14-15 season....

Edited by godanesgo99

57 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Does it matter what flory wants? 

It does. But do u think De Souse wants to play more? Do u think any other player on the bench wants to play more ? Do u care what they want.  

I think it's the coaches decision unless flory is absolutely against it. Coach and glory need to come together.  There is no reason to play this year.