UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #12: 12/18/18 - 7PM @ Providence

Eli

10 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

Anyone know how Coach Brown commented on the game tonight?

Said he liked 1st half defense and energy.  Blamed 2nd half on some foul trouble and shoots not falling.  Said only Ahmad can create a shot when needed.  Did not comment on giving up 50 in 2nd half.  Was not as ticked off as you would think.

Just now, nysteve661 said:

Said he liked 1st half defense and energy.  Blamed 2nd half on some foul trouble and shoots not falling.  Said only Ahmad can create a shot when needed.  Did not comment on giving up 50 in 2nd half.  Was not as ticked off as you would think.

Because Providence is a different animal and unlike anything we'll see all year. Top 50 team....People want to murder this young team but this is also the team that held Providence to 27% from the field in the first half and was down 3 at the half. Wheels fell off...it happens. 

Even our best team (in UA history) would lose to a power conference team in the 2nd half. It's happened like EVERY time we've faced a top 50 team. UConn, Duke, Virginia, Kansas, Syracuse....we hang around for a while and then we get our doors absolutely blown off. Anyone who thought this game would be different was mistaken lol.

These types of games while demoralizing to most fans are specifically played in order to build us up for the AE. That's it. We got paid to get destroyed.

EDIT: The only exception to all of those year of playing 'up' games was Louisville last year. That's the only game in my 12 years of watching that we've been in it against a team that is like 4 tiers higher than us.

Edited by Eli

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Because Providence is a different animal and unlike anything we'll see all year. Top 50 team....People want to murder this young team but this is also the team that held Providence to 27% from the field in the first half and was down 3 at the half. Wheels fell off...it happens. 

I didn’t see anything special from the D that held them to 27%. Providence just didn’t hit anything. They had plenty of open looks and put backs they missed. Maybe that’s just me though. 

5 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I didn’t see anything special from the D that held them to 27%. Providence just didn’t hit anything. They had plenty of open looks and put backs they missed. Maybe that’s just me though. 

I thought they played very well in the first half on the defensive end...weren't getting beat like a rented mule on dribble penetration. Contested well on shots...yes Friars missed some but they were solid. Need to build on that first half effort. 

Most of us have patience, but because of the history of success we have grown accustomed to it makes these growing pains hard to swallow. High expectation syndrome.

I'm going to do my best to remain as positive as possible in the board. They are working hard, and I am sure that they read this board. They shouldn't, and the coaches should do their best to ignore the crazies, but really much of shooting comes from the brain and confidence. There is a lot of talent on the team. They just need to learn to finish when the lights are on.

Remember when UA beat UMBC 82-39 last season? That team looked horrible for most of the season, but turned it on when it mattered. 

Edited by godanesgo99

20 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Remember when UA beat UMBC 82-39 last season? That team looked horrible for most of the season, but turned it on when it mattered. 

That's still crazy considering where that other team went...