UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Off-Season: FB Transfer Rumors and Overall Negativity [Vent Thread]

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Holmes is fast yes BUT small and has a serious attitude problem.  You have to perform, no matter where you play.  Gotta catch the ball youngman and you HAVE TO BLOCK.  He is a terrible blocker.  Can't tell you how many times all they needed was a screen block from him to break a play on the edge and he was knocked down or did not even attempt to block.  Sorry but I think he is / was overrated because of his speed.  There are lots of fast kids who are small.  We have Ricky Gamble coming in - is like a clone.  Also offered to a back out of a JUCO who runs a 4.34.  Fast small guys are a dime a dozen.  Heart is NOT a dime a dozen.  I could be wrong and I hope he stays because he can learn BUT he doesn't seem to have the heart!  Tell me I'm wrong or let the Kid perform.

t11_rachel_water.gif

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Eli said:

He's up in August 2024. He gave himself a 5 year extension.

Kidding aside...

Pros: SEFCU video board, $10M for Casey name

Cons: MANY communications blunders, somehow managed to ruin the P&G BB event, extended Gattuso, no word on SEFCU upgrades/rebuild/reno, lower attendance in multiple sports, thinks the die hard fans are idiots and keeps giving us lip service preaching patience, etc.

Yeah, he's a solid D, D+. Maybe a C-.

Benson was NOT responsible for either of those pros.  They were both in the works before he got the position.

GDAC is his.

Edited by sarge965

41 minutes ago, sarge965 said:

Benson was NOT responsible for either of those pros.  They were both in the works before he got the position.

GDAC is his.

I knew about Casey not being his but wasn't sure about video board. 

I actually like what he's done with GDAC, it's a work in progress sure but I think it's off to a good start. 

On 12/17/2018 at 6:44 PM, Eli said:

He's up in August 2024. He gave himself a 5 year extension.

Kidding aside...

Pros: SEFCU video board, $10M for Casey name

Cons: MANY communications blunders, somehow managed to ruin the P&G BB event, extended Gattuso, no word on SEFCU upgrades/rebuild/reno, lower attendance in multiple sports, thinks the die hard fans are idiots and keeps giving us lip service preaching patience, etc.

Yeah, he's a solid D, D+. Maybe a C-.

He had NOTHING to do with the Casey funding.

I try hard not to clutter the recruiting thread with side BS but I've had it.

WARNING: THIS IS A NEGATIVE POST

4 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

"No, I just don't care about being negative.  End of story."

"I just chose to look for positives."

And some of us don't.

Gattuso SUCKS. WE don't like him. WE think his recruiting is horse $iena. WE think he's completely inept and out of his depth. WE want him fired.

I dropped probably a grand last year on FB (between my two tickets, the GDAC contribution I had to make to get the SEFCU parking, concessions, gas getting there and back, etc.). Others (like Click) dropped more by virtue of having more tickets. I-nay, WE-DEMAND excellence from Gattuso AND Benson and everyone else in our athletics department/program. And if I don't get it, you bet your bottom dollar I will be freakin negative, post about it, vent about it and ride the program about it. That is the whole point of such an online community. Now add the other 4 years to that total. And then the 12 years that I"ve been attending MBB games. CRAP AIN'T CHEAP!

Give me [winning UA football] or give me death! (okay, maybe not that serious)

You are lucky DP has the patience of a Saint (and no, not those from LCC) and is a great guy. I don't and I'm not. I would have sent you packing from here months ago.

Edited by Eli

You are right.  It is your choice and your right.  I do not disagree with much of what you guys say.  I just choose to be positive; I prefer the glass 1/2 full approach.  I try to look for positives and the future, constant negativity drains a person.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Rittenburg of ESPN reports Pete Rossomando to Rutgers as O-Line coach. He’s 65-47 as head coach at New Haven and CCSU since leaving Albany in 2008

20 games over 500 and leaving for an O line job? Money must be cray cray...When Gattuso is fired 2 years from now, wonder if we give him a call. 

9 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Rittenburg of ESPN reports Pete Rossomando to Rutgers as O-Line coach. He’s 65-47 as head coach at New Haven and CCSU since leaving Albany in 2008

Nice to go to a Big 10 program but not that Big 10 program.  Rutgers belongs in the Little 10.  They have been soooooo bad.