UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Are we better now ???

On 12/18/2018 at 8:34 PM, UA1882 said:

Serious question .

Take our hearts out of it, and the fact that we r young and answer this question . 

Are we better now than the Canisius game ? 

I chose that game because it was at the beginning of the year and a win . Whether you say yes or no, give examples.  I know what I think,  I'm just curious what you think. 

No, the team is playing at the same level.  There has been four games where the team played well to win plus the loss to Iona.  Belfast was loss trip.  I wish Will feel more comfortable using more players, using seven players is not going to help the team long term.

14 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Another good article. Brown seems to think the team will come together THIS year.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/12/22/freshmen-provide-hope-for-ualbany-men-s-basketball

Well sure he'd be excited. We've already shown we could win the MAAC. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Another good article. Brown seems to think the team will come together THIS year.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/12/22/freshmen-provide-hope-for-ualbany-men-s-basketball

Yes, I believe the team can come together.  Early conference wins can lead lead to a positive attitude, losses will leave the team and coaches looking at each other for the explanation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Let's not get nuts but... We are clearly growing right?

If we can continue to get 60 points from our backcourt we will be alright. haha.

I wonder what clicked in Rizzuto's head that made his go off the last two game? He really looked lost for a while there and then all of a sudden 20+ two games in a row.  Maybe he just needed that one breakout game to gain confidence that he can play at this level.  

I'm just glad we are showing something. If you look at my posts in this thread and others, I really feel like they have a very good core that will be very good. I think the three aussies, Rizzuto, De Sousa are the core 5. I feel good about them competing to be middle or above middle of the AE next year and then, if they can keep the core together and add some more pieces, competing for a championship their junior and senior years. Hopefully next year Lauderdale and French will be able to help some more next season. 

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

If we can continue to get 60 points from our backcourt we will be alright. haha.

I wonder what clicked in Rizzuto's head that made his go off the last two game? He really looked lost for a while there and then all of a sudden 20+ two games in a row.  Maybe he just needed that one breakout game to gain confidence that he can play at this level.  

I'm just glad we are showing something. If you look at my posts in this thread and others, I really feel like they have a very good core that will be very good. I think the three aussies, Rizzuto, De Sousa are the core 5. I feel good about them competing to be middle or above middle of the AE next year and then, if they can keep the core together and add some more pieces, competing for a championship their junior and senior years. Hopefully next year Lauderdale and French will be able to help some more next season. 

If Rizzuto can always shoot 3's like this, I am stoked to have him and Healy for 3 more years to cover our 3 pt shooting.  Might be like having Jon and Jacob Iati at the same time for 3 years.